Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump says DHS cybersecurity chief Chris Krebs has been terminated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I never saw that one!!!! It's brilliant and encapsulates the mentality perfectly. I also found the site https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/11/05...JsaHLY.twitter

Thank you SO much.
    Oh, look who's back. I thought you returned to the "place not to be mentioned".

BTW, you know that video is fake. Why are you and Reep getting so excited about a fake video?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

And you think that's real?
      Are you being deliberately obtuse? It is a comedy sketch.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Are you being deliberately obtuse? It is a comedy sketch.
        How is it comedy? It appears more concerned with makeup than with humor.

Reep said "It shows Trump throwing a temper tantrum" instead of "It depicts Trump throwing a temper tantrum." His wording sounded like he believes it.

Comment

Oh, look who's back. I thought you returned to the "place not to be mentioned".
          Ah Mr Peevish how lovely to hear from you!

As for me I am like The Scarlet Pimpernel.

"It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

And you think that's real?
            Aww, this is adorable. I'll play along. Yes, Ronson, I think it's really really real. Are you saying it's fake? On what grounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Ape View Post

Aww, this is adorable. I'll play along. Yes, Ronson, I think it's really really real. Are you saying it's fake? On what grounds?
              This one is for you

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Krebs was a lawyer, not a Cybersecurity expert. He had no business leading CISA.
                You trumpets are just such reliable fountains of half truths and misinformation.

Source: CISA

Mr. Krebs joined DHS in March 2017, first serving as Senior Counselor to the Secretary, where he advised DHS leadership on a range of cybersecurity, critical infrastructure, and national resilience issues. Prior to coming to DHS, he was a member of Microsoft’s U.S. Government Affairs team as the Director for Cybersecurity Policy, where he led Microsoft’s U.S. policy work on cybersecurity and technology issues.

Before Microsoft, Mr. Krebs advised industry and federal, state, and local government customers on a range of cybersecurity and risk management issues. This is his second tour working at DHS, previously serving as the Senior Advisor to the Assistant Secretary for Infrastructure Protection and playing a formative role in a number of national and international risk management programs.

As Director, Mr. Krebs oversees CISA’s efforts to defend civilian networks, manage systemic risk to national critical functions, and work with stakeholders to raise the security baseline of the Nation’s cyber and physical infrastructure.

© Copyright Original Source

Mr krebbs is a top tier lawyer and cyber security expert.

Not only that, he has the guts and integrity to do his job well and speak the truth to power.

Unlike the morons posting here that are supporting a traitor doing his best to destroy faith in our election and destroy the national security leadership in our government on his way out the door.
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-18-2020, 08:31 AM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  Not only that, he has the guts and integrity to do his job well and speak the truth to power.
                  And he's a Democrat?

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Ape View Post
                    Yes, Ronson, I think it's really really real. Are you saying it's fake? On what grounds?
                    I'm surprised that the White House allowed this official government video to be released. I suspect Trump thinks that the video portrays him in a positive light.

I'm reminded of the time, some months back, when Trump posted links to some Larry David MAGA hat videos, which were brutal parodies of Trump supporters, but which Trump apparently thought were positive portrayals of his supporters.
                    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

I'm surprised that the White House allowed this official government video to be released. I suspect Trump thinks that the video portrays him in a positive light.

I'm reminded of the time, some months back, when Trump posted links to some Larry David MAGA hat videos, which were brutal parodies of Trump supporters, but which Trump apparently thought were positive portrayals of his supporters.
                      Honestly, I didn't watch the whole video until after I posted, I watched like 5 seconds.

Comment

And he's a Democrat?
                        He's a lawyer with a law degree. His expertise is in cyber LAW. I am in a CMMC class right now with one of his deputies. He has no technical expertise.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The following 2 minute CNN clip gives a good summary of the incident. The complete videos can be found on youtube by doing a search for Larry David MAGA hat:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ga-hat-vpx.cnn
                          "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                          "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

How is it comedy? It appears more concerned with makeup than with humor.
                            Comedy and humour are both very subjective.

Why do millions of Germans plan every New Year around an obscure British comedy sketch?

https://news.sky.com/story/why-is-ge...-film-11190506

"It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

The following 2 minute CNN clip gives a good summary of the incident. The complete videos can be found on youtube by doing a search for Larry David MAGA hat:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ga-hat-vpx.cnn
                              I thought the full 5 minute sketch was brilliant. The bemused response from Trump. Play with the kids? What's fun about them?"

Trump certainly exemplifies Wordsworth's "The child is father of the man" - personality traits formed in childhood remain into adult life!
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

"In defending democracy, do or do not, there is no try. This is the way." - Chris Krebs tweet, November 18

Strike him down, and he is only going to become more powerful. By firing Chris, Trump has created a more powerful adversary.
                                If he actually sent that self-aggrandizing tweet, he clearly suffers from James Comey Syndrome. All the more reason to kick him to the curb -- though pushing him down an elevator shaft would have been better.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment