Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nearly 3,000 additional votes discovered in hand recount in Floyd County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly 3,000 additional votes discovered in hand recount in Floyd County

https://coosavalleynews.com/2020/11/...O10I0JlBkt5BMA

With members of both the local Democratic and Republican parties observing hand counting of presidential votes in Floyd County it appears that close to 3,000 ballots were not counted on election night. ...

According to Luke Martin, Floyd County GOP chairman, “It is scary that this happened in Floyd County. Imagine what the numbers could look like in places like Fulton County.” Martin Added, “It appears that our elections office did not misplace any ballots, rather it appears as if this is a computer software mishap with the Dominion system.”

Of the 2,631 votes sources at the elections office told CVN that it appeared that between 1,600 and 1,900 were cast for President Trump.

How many of these "mishaps" [that always favor the Democrat] do we have to see before they cease to be errors and become a feature?

A recount in Georgia’s presidential race found more than 2,600 ballots in Floyd County that hadn’t originally been tallied, likely helping President Donald Trump reduce his 14,000-vote deficit to Joe Biden. Trump could gain about 800 net votes from the newly discovered ballots.

The problem occurred because county election officials didn’t upload votes from a memory card in an ballot scanning machine, said Gabriel Sterling, the state’s voting system manager.

He called it “an amazing blunder” and said the county’s elections director should resign.
    “It’s not an equipment issue. It’s a person not executing their job properly,” Sterling said. This is the kind of situation that requires a change at the top of their management side."

That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post

With members of both the local Democratic and Republican parties observing hand counting of presidential votes in Floyd County it appears that close to 3,000 ballots were not counted on election night. ...

According to Luke Martin, Floyd County GOP chairman, “It is scary that this happened in Floyd County. Imagine what the numbers could look like in places like Fulton County.” Martin Added, “It appears that our elections office did not misplace any ballots, rather it appears as if this is a computer software mishap with the Dominion system.”

Of the 2,631 votes sources at the elections office told CVN that it appeared that between 1,600 and 1,900 were cast for President Trump.

How many of these "mishaps" [that always favor the Democrat] do we have to see before they cease to be errors and become a feature?
      Nothing here revealed who these 3000 ballots favored. I await the result of the recount.
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-16-2020, 05:26 PM.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Nothing here revealed who these 3000 ballots favored.
        Reread the last line I provided.

Comment

Reread the last line I provided.
          Speculation. I await the result of the recount.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Since this was a mistake in running the equipment, if we postulate that such mistakes are more common in rural counties where people might be less computer savvy, it is possible they could have an overall Trump bias because said rural counties are typically voting more for Trump. But given the nature of the mistake, I doubt it happened very often (unless it was a software design error like a double or triple check of the intent to upload that sometimes was scrolled off screen). Which means it won't have much effect. If indeed it was a GUI design error, then it would tend to be randomly distributed across the entire set of devices in the state and the overall balance of the error should lay in line with the original results.

Sounds like someone got lazy or distracted - or really really tired. Good that it was found and can be corrected.

Most importantly, I'd dismiss the idea this was purposeful unless hard evidence appears that supports that conclusion.

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-16-2020, 05:42 PM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Since this was a mistake in running the equipment, if we postulate that such mistakes are more common in rural counties where people might be less computer savvy, it is possible they could have an overall Trump bias because said rural counties are typically voting more for Trump. But given the nature of the mistake, I doubt it happened very often (unless it was a software design error like a double or triple check of the intent to upload that sometimes was scrolled off screen). Which means it won't have much effect. If indeed it was a GUI design error, then it would tend to be randomly distributed across the entire set of devices and the overall balance of the error should lay in line with the original results.

Sounds like someone got lazy or distracted - or really really tired. Good that it was found and can be corrected.
              Why do you think that people who live in rural counties are "less computer savvy"?

Do you have stats on that? Because otherwise, do you know how you sound? I mean, thousands and thousands of people live in rural counties and I'm pretty sure there might be a few computer geniuses among them.

Don't you think?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Why do you think that people who live in rural counties are "less computer savvy"?

Do you have stats on that? Because otherwise, do you know how you sound? I mean, thousands and thousands of people live in rural counties and I'm pretty sure there might be a few computer geniuses among them.

Don't you think?
                https://www.researchgate.net/publica...An_Exploration

The main objective of the study was to find out the digital divide among the rural and urban Students based on the use of computer and its applications. The study also aimed to know the reasons for not using computer. The study also focused on the problems faced by the students in both rural and urban areas. A total of 2592 samples were selected from 64 rural and urban high schools. A well-designed questionnaire was used for the data collection and data has been analyzed using SPSS. The major finding of the study was that only 20.66% rural students used computers while 69.70% of urban students used computer for various academic purposes. The most of rural and urban students faced “frequent electric power failure” while using computer. It was found that most of the students were highly dependent on the teachers to learn computer. Not surprisingly, very few rural schools 6.25% had permanent computer teachers. But, the majority of urban schools have (96.87%) computer teachers to teach computer and its applications.

It's not like this isn't well known among the computer savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  The problem occurred because county election officials didn’t upload votes from a memory card in an ballot scanning machine, said Gabriel Sterling, the state’s voting system manager.

He called it “an amazing blunder” and said the county’s elections director should resign.
                  What's truly amazing is that so many of these "blunders" seem to involve the Dominion voting systems, and Democrat operatives.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

ox is a bigot, that's why.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...An_Exploration

The main objective of the study was to find out the digital divide among the rural and urban Students based on the use of computer and its applications. The study also aimed to know the reasons for not using computer. The study also focused on the problems faced by the students in both rural and urban areas. A total of 2592 samples were selected from 64 rural and urban high schools. A well-designed questionnaire was used for the data collection and data has been analyzed using SPSS. The major finding of the study was that only 20.66% rural students used computers while 69.70% of urban students used computer for various academic purposes. The most of rural and urban students faced “frequent electric power failure” while using computer. It was found that most of the students were highly dependent on the teachers to learn computer. Not surprisingly, very few rural schools 6.25% had permanent computer teachers. But, the majority of urban schools have (96.87%) computer teachers to teach computer and its applications.

It's not like this isn't well known among the computer savvy.
                      Then your Biden better get fixing that problem so that your electrical grid and school system is better than it is now.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

ox is a bigot, that's why.
                        That's what I thought. And so is LiconaFan, who took it upon himself to answer me.

Comment

Then your Biden better get fixing that problem so that your electrical grid and school system is better than it is now.
                          tenor.gif

Comment

Don't you think?
                            I live in a suburban/rural county. It is where many people work from home, telecommuting. One could also say that in the city people are less computer savvy, because only have to walk to work, to the factories where they assemble doorknobs.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Nothing here revealed who these 3000 ballots favored. I await the result of the recount.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment