Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden Cancer Initiative distributed no money towards research or grants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden Cancer Initiative distributed no money towards research or grants

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/bidens-cancer-charity-spent-more-than-dollar37million-on-staff-salaries/ar-BB1b1w2W

President-elect Joe Biden's cancer charity spent the majority of its money on staff payroll and gave none to research, it has been revealed.

First reported by The New York Post tax filings viewed by DailyMail.com showed that The Biden Cancer Initiative amassed $4,809,619 in contributions, but spent $3,070,301 on salaries.

Joe and Jill Biden founded The Biden Cancer Initiative in 2017 to help find a cure and ‘solutions to accelerate progress in cancer prevention.’

But it appeared no grants were given out during its first two years of operation.

The Biden Cancer Initiative did not distribute any money towards research or provide grants during its first two years, tax filings revealed.

Additionally, the 2018 tax filings’ Statement of Functional Expenses revealed other costs like:'

The statement’s total functional expenses reached $2,996,404

Gregory Simon, The Biden Cancer Initiative president and former Pfizer executive, reportedly received $429,850 during the 2018 fiscal year, per filings viewed by DailyMail.com. Simon, who spearheaded the Obama administrations cancer task force, was paid nearly double his 2017 earnings which were $224,539.

Danielle Carnival, the former chief of staff of Obama’s Cancer Moonshot Task Force, was paid $258,207 in 2018.

The Director of Communications, the Director of Science Policy and Director of Engagement all received six figure salaries as well.

The tax filings showed that The Biden Cancer Initiative spent $56,738 on conferences and $59,356 on travel expenses in the 2017 tax filings. Those numbers rose the next year with conference costs skyrocketing to a staggering $742,953 for conferences and $97,149 on travel.

© Copyright Original Source

That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

This sounds like nothing more than a racket. Charity watchers generally say that a legitimate charity should not be spending more than 15% to cover Administrative costs which includes salaries but Biden's "charity" spent nearly 64% of the money they collected on salaries alone. Given this, and the fact that nothing was spent on either research or grants, one is forced to wonder if any of that money gets kicked back to "Pop" like how Hunter told his sister that some of the money he was raking in was.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You mean, you mean..........Biden lied?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The absolute perfect racket to launder that money from the secret foreign deals you made with your crackhead son.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          You mean, you mean..........Biden lied?

About what?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

About what?
            About giving money to cancer research. Oh, but I'll bet you'll let him slide since it isn't Biden directly, but will crucify Trump for everything his name is on...
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

He just took notes from the Clinton Foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                About giving money to cancer research. Oh, but I'll bet you'll let him slide since it isn't Biden directly, but will crucify Trump for everything his name is on...
                Depends. What exactly did he say?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  This sounds like nothing more than a racket. Charity watchers generally say that a legitimate charity should not be spending more than 15% to cover Administrative costs which includes salaries but Biden's "charity" spent nearly 64% of the money they collected on salaries alone. Given this, and the fact that nothing was spent on either research or grants, one is forced to wonder if any of that money gets kicked back to "Pop" like how Hunter told his sister that some of the money he was raking in was.
                  The other thing to watch for is where they make further donations. Even if you do a 15% for salaries, the donations may got ad nauseum to more charity groups until the 85% is only $10k dollars. There seems to be great sums of American taxpayer money that is going into Non-Government organizations which are simply going into the hands of families like Biden and Gates who then have control over the decisions made by those other NGOs. Those who control the money then have all the power.

Comment

No idea how much truth there is to this, but two comments I read when this story was posted elsewhere say that "this isn't a research organization. They partner and promote other companies and organizations that do research, which is why their travel and conference spending is relatively high. As a result, the majority of the money they raise is indirect, meaning it goes to the companies and organizations that actually do the research, the direct pledges they receive go to operating expenses like salary, travel, etc." and "the article states that most monies raised for research were in the form of indirect gifts, meaning that the foundation would solicit donations directly to the companies doing the work. So that money never ends up in the foundation's hands, they only collect money for operating expenses."

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                      No idea how much truth there is to this, but two comments I read when this story was posted elsewhere say that "this isn't a research organization. They partner and promote other companies and organizations that do research, which is why their travel and conference spending is relatively high. As a result, the majority of the money they raise is indirect, meaning it goes to the companies and organizations that actually do the research, the direct pledges they receive go to operating expenses like salary, travel, etc." and "the article states that most monies raised for research were in the form of indirect gifts, meaning that the foundation would solicit donations directly to the companies doing the work. So that money never ends up in the foundation's hands, they only collect money for operating expenses."
                      If you're lazy, and have an anti-Biden bias, it's easier to just assume that something crooked is going on.

I prefer to wait until a court decides they did something illegal, like with the Trump Foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

If you're lazy, and have an anti-Biden bias, it's easier to just assume that something crooked is going on.

I prefer to wait until a court decides they did something illegal, like with the Trump Foundation.
                        Not really lazy, though you might say it's based on a consensus view. The majority of Americans believe politics is corrupt, probably because it's filled with incidents of corruption. Biden has been in US politics for over 40 years (he even said in an interview not to assume he's not corrupt), so it's a pretty fair supposition that he might be corrupt. Then when you add all the layers of accusation of corruption -- i.e. emails -- albeit there undoubtedly is a certain amount of partisan bias, I think at that point the denial he's corrupt is more of a pro-Biden thing with the left than it's an anti-Biden thing with the right

Comment

The Biden family being corrupt is really a "dog bites man" story these days.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            The Biden family being corrupt is really a "dog bites man" story these days.
                            I'm still waiting for you to point me to the Biden illegality you claimed had been revealed about a month ago. Should be easy if the corruption is as rampant as you claim.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

I'm still waiting for you to point me to the Biden illegality you claimed had been revealed about a month ago. Should be easy if the corruption is as rampant as you claim.
                              Here's a post from two-weeks ago.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I responded to this request from you earlier and directed you to go back to page one of this thread (which was only like 20-pages at the time) and start reading the numerous sources that have been linked throughout, which you obviously never did or you could have figured out what I'm about to tell you here: Joe's biggest problem is that he knew about, facilitated, and even directly benefited from a number of shady deals involving his family that were only possible because of his leverage as vice president, all of which is a clear violation of 18 U.S. Code § 208.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment