Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump says Biden won, but refuses to concede

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
    Still nope.
    You can "nope" all you want, but your hypocrisy is available for all to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
      Still nope.
      I still believe the scorched earth policy of the Republicans that began with the moral majority, then 'no compromise' to considering the the Democrats evil communists. leave little room for political romance. Biden's ony hope is negociate with the few moderate Republican's on the fringe.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You can "nope" all you want, but your hypocrisy is available for all to see.
        It's there for you to imagine.
        America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Are dead voters voting?

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54874120

US Election 2020: The 'dead voters' in Michigan who are still alive

By Jack Goodman, Christopher Giles, Olga Robinson and Jake Horton

Donald Trump's supporters have claimed that thousands of votes were cast in the US election using the names of people who had died.

"I may be 72," Maria Arredondo from Michigan told us when we called her. "But I'm alive and breathing. My mind is working fine and I'm healthy."

Maria said she had voted for Joe Biden and was surprised to hear that her name had appeared on a list of supposedly dead voters in the state.

We spoke to other people in similar situations to that of Maria in Michigan and found similar stories.

There have been occasions in previous US elections of dead people having apparently voted.

This could happen through clerical errors or perhaps other family members with similar names voting with their ballots, but Trump supporters have alleged this has happened on a massive scale at this election.

We set out to find out whether there is evidence for this claim.
          10,000 'dead absentee voters' in Michigan?

The story starts with a list of around 10,000 names posted on Twitter by a Trump-supporting activist.

We wondered whether we could find people of the same name currently living in Michigan.

Checking Michigan state public records, cross-referencing voter postal codes, we were able to find precise dates of birth for those who had voted - and as we had anticipated, they failed to match the dates of birth on the death records.

So we could be confident that we were dealing with two sets of people - those who had voted and those with the same name and age who had died elsewhere.

But what we really wanted to do was to speak to the voters themselves.
          'I'm alive!'

We called Roberto Garcia, a retired teacher in Michigan. He told us: "I'm definitely alive and I definitely voted for Biden - I would have to have been dead to vote for Trump."

We also found a 100-year-old woman who, according to the "dead voter" list, had died in 1982. She was alive and is currently living in a nursing home in Michigan.

But the results of our search weren't always so straightforward.

When we looked for another centenarian, who according to the list had died in 1977, we found that she had still been alive when her postal ballot was returned in September. However, a neighbor told us the woman had died just a few weeks ago. We also found a matching obituary from October to confirm this.

If a voter dies before election day after submitting their ballot, the Michigan authorities say the ballot will be rejected.

We have not been able to establish whether her ballot was counted.

For those we couldn't reach by phone, we wanted to use other means to confirm they were alive.

These included public records of, for example, business activities, from state and local authorities.

For one woman who was supposed to have died in 2006 we found an annual company statement signed under her name from January 2020.

Two other men on our list of 31 died some time ago, yet votes had been cast in their names - with the correct postcodes and years of birth - according to the voting database.

We found that for both men, there were sons with the same name currently registered at the same address as their deceased fathers.

In both cases, a ballot was sent in for the dead fathers.

Local election officials told us that one of the votes had been counted but there was no record of the son having voted.

In the other, it was the son who actually voted, but it had been recorded as the father's due to a clerical error.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment