Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Scorched Earth ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorched Earth ...

So, Trump is exacting his oh so predictable vengence on any and all who opposed him, including the ~75 million that voted for Biden (by destabilizing the US government). Here is the list so far, I'm sure there will be many more:

NOAA chief scientist Craig Mclean - fired for insisting science follow the data

Top election crimes prosecutor Richard Pilger rec- resigned in protest to Barr improper order for investigations before vote certification

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper - fired by tweet over refusing to allow the US armed services to be part of enforcing certain political policies

Top policy official Under secretary of defense James Anderson - resigned (in protest of Esper firing or forced unknown)

Refusal to release funds for transfer of power to a Biden presidency.

-- will update as appropriate --
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Sorry, your scorched earth policy since 2016 is biting you in the butt.

Do you really think that BLM-ANTIFA-CrazyCortez have any other policy than scorched earth?

In fact, Joe will be impeached when the Republicans take the house back in not even two years.

It's crazy man! Get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
      Sorry, your scorched earth policy since 2016 is biting you in the butt.

Do you really think that BLM-ANTIFA-CrazyCortez have any other policy than scorched earth?

In fact, Joe will be impeached when the Republicans take the house back in not even two years.

It's crazy man! Get used to it.
      What about ism doesnt save you from the fact Trump is, in fact, right now - exacting his revenge on any and all that crossed him.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Refusal to release funds for transfer of power to a Biden presidency.
        Question. If the administration has serious doubts about the accuracy of the media projection of the election winner, why would they release the funds to begin the transition?

You might claim scorched earth, but the reality is that this move actually makes sense at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Question. If the administration has serious doubts about the accuracy of the media projection of the election winner, why would they release the funds to begin the transition?

You might claim scorched earth, but the reality is that this move actually makes sense at the moment.
          Releasing the funds is not a concession. But it is a necessity the new admin have as much time to prepare as possible if the legal challenges fail and Biden is indeed the ne president. To the point: the 911 commission cites the delay over the Gore challenge as part of the reason 911 was successful. There is no reason to hold those funds, it is not a concession to release them. And it puts us national security at risk to do so.

Comment

What about ism doesnt save you from the fact Trump is, in fact, right now - exacting his revenge on any and all that crossed him.
            Let's examine that. Are you saying that the Russian Collusion story is a hoax? A scorched earth (insurance policy) process that Hillary started?

Right now Trump is using every legal avenue, as he should, as Gore did.

Are you surprised?

Comment

Releasing the funds is not a concession. But it is a necessity the new admin have as much time to prepare as possible if the legal chalkenges fail. To the point: the 911 commission cites the delay over the Gore challenge as part of the reason 911 was successful. There is no reason to hold those funds, and it puts us national security at risk to do so.
              I would argue it is a concession. Those funds are earmarked for the winner of the election. That technically doesn't happen prior to the electoral vote. In most cases, that's a formality, and the funds are released early to the winner. However, in the case of a contested election (or the more rare case of a tie) it doesn't make sense to release it, and would in fact be recognizing Biden is the winner. It could easily be introduced as evidence to argue that the lawsuits are made in bad faith.

I'm not saying the administrations lawsuits are right, or that Trump lost (I honestly believe he did). It's just that given the administrations position that the election isn't over and that Trump won, it makes sense not to release funds to the opponent when they don't think his win is valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Let's examine that. Are you saying that the Russian Collusion story is a hoax? A scorched earth (insurance policy) process that Hillary started?

Right now Trump is using every legal avenue, as he should, as Gore did.

Are you surprised?
                Pay closer attention. The scorched earth policy infolves seeking revenge. These firings are all acts of revenge.

The Russian investigation is the result of a long list of suspicious and potentially compromising relationships with nefarious russian characters throughout the Trump campaign and including Trump himself.

What you fail to understand is that for any other American, such connections would have stripped them of their security clearances and potentially resulted in jail time. This was not a 'manufactured' situtaion. Trump was presenting wrt his Russian association's and contacts in a classic 'insider threat' posture. And he was in fact dealt with less aggressively and given more leeway in this than any other normal citizen with or being considered for access to a clearance would be.

Comment

So, Trump is exacting his oh so predictable vengence on any and all who opposed him, including the ~75 million that voted for Biden (by destabilizing the US government). Here is the list so far, I'm sure there will be many more:

NOAA chief scientist Craig Mclean - fired for insisting science follow the data
                  Hard to call this scorched earth for losing....Mclean was fired pre-election.

Comment

I would argue it is a concession. Those funds are earmarked for the winner of the election. That technically doesn't happen prior to the electoral vote. In most cases, that's a formality, and the funds are released early to the winner. However, in the case of a contested election (or the more rare case of a tie) it doesn't make sense to release it, and would in fact be recognizing Biden is the winner. It could easily be introduced as evidence to argue that the lawsuits are made in bad faith.

I'm not saying the administrations lawsuits are right, or that Trump lost (I honestly believe he did). It's just that given the administrations position that the election isn't over and that Trump won, it makes sense not to release funds to the opponent when they don't think his win is valid.
                    I think you are missing the point. You need to think in terms of what facilitates an uncompromised national security posture. Making the funds (and classified information access) allows the new admin to be as prepared as possible to take the reigns. It is not in US national security interests to wait for the final outcome of legal challenges. The vote is complete, barring the exposure of significant fraud, Biden will be the next president. It is in ALL of our interests to allow him and his staff to begin preparing for that role. Trump is just being foolish and careless with the safety of the nation by withholding those funds. If the legal challenges are successful and Trump wins, there is no loss other than - from a US budget perspective - a few 'pennies'. BUT, to not allow them to prepare out of vengence and the legal challenges fail, valuable time is lost preparing for the transition and the US national security is put at risk.

Comment

Pay closer attention. The scorched earth policy infolves seeking revenge. These firings are all acts of revenge.

The Russian investigation is the result of a long list of suspicious and potentially compromising relationships with nefarious russian characters throughout the Trump campaign and including Trump himself.

What you fail to understand is that for any other American, such connections would have stripped them of their security clearances and potentially resulted in jail time. This was not a 'manufactured' situtaion. Trump was presenting wrt his Russian association's and contacts in a classic 'insider threat' posture. And he was in fact dealt with less aggressively and given more leeway in this than any other normal citizen with or being considered for access to a clearance would be.
                      So you are equating some vague Russian connection (and what power does Russia have these days?) to the explicit China corruption of Biden?

This news could all just be to keep us fighting until we have lost all our freedom.

Comment

Hard to call this scorched earth for losing....Mclean was fired pre-election.
                        Oct 30 vs Nov3, I see it as all part of the same thing. He knew the polls had him losing. But if it makes you feel better, Just deal with the folks fired since Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

So you are equating some vague Russian connection (and what power does Russia have these days?) to the explicit China corruption of Biden?

This news could all just be to keep us fighting until we have lost all our freedom.
                          It was not vague. That is the point of my post. And I know what I'm talking about wrt what is or is not normally tolerated wrt a clearance, so you're just wrong.

There is no 'China corruption of [Joe] Biden", just disinformation fed Giuliani by a Russian disinformation operative. An operative our intelligence community warned him about.

Comment

It was not vague. That is the point of my post. And I know what I'm talking about wrt what is or is not normally tolerated wrt a clearance, so you're just wrong.

There is no 'China corruption of [Joe] Biden", just disinformation fed Giuliani by a Russian disinformation operative. An operative our intelligence community warned him about.
                            oh so it is settled by the anonymous intelligence?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

oh so it is settled by the anonymous intelligence?
                              It can't be taken seriously unless confirmed by objective sources.

Comment