Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Elections

The SCOTUS should rule there be new elections in each of the contested states. This time with ACTUAL election monitoring (I'd even trust the UN to sit in) and verifiable processes. If properly mobilized this should be possible before January.

Objections?

Turley has said that might be the only viable solution if SCOTUS determines that that widely-used software is unreliable. But he also opined that it is extremely unlikely that any court would really be willing to do something that drastic.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      Turley has said that might be the only viable solution if SCOTUS determines that that widely-used software is unreliable. But he also opined that it is extremely unlikely that any court would really be willing to do something that drastic.
      Trump should be able to take it directly to the SCOTUS without a lower court ruling. It would also need to be requested (as I do not believe the SCOTUS can advise on a course of action).

I really don't know why there should be any objections. It would settle the matter once and for all - and there should be no question marks going forward.

Comment

All this garbage is just the death rattle of the Republican Party. Good bye and good riddance.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          All this garbage is just the death rattle of the Republican Party. Good bye and good riddance.
          You know, in 2008 people predicted it was the end of republicans.

Comment

not exactly good riddance. There needs to be at least one other party, but the Republican party has woulded itself fairly severely, at least wrt the presidential race.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              The SCOTUS should rule there be new elections in each of the contested states. This time with ACTUAL election monitoring (I'd even trust the UN to sit in) and verifiable processes. If properly mobilized this should be possible before January.

Objections?
              I think any state's vote that is so screwed up that they can't be certified need to be struck down entirely and the legislatures choose the electors.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Objections?
                This came up repeatedly after Trump won in 2016. There is no constitutional mechanism to force new elections.

Comment

How silly. Even assuming the all of the voting numbers are legitimate, Trump won 47.7% of the popular vote. Hardly a "death rattle."

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

This came up repeatedly after Trump won in 2016. There is no constitutional mechanism to force new elections.
                    It has to be presented to the SCOTUS. Special elections are arranged all the time, all over the world. It certainly can be done here. There is nothing unconstitutional about it.

The only legitimate objection I can fathom is that some people won't want to vote again; to vote twice for the same thing. That will affect the numbers.

Comment

How silly. Even assuming the all of the voting numbers are legitimate, Trump won 47.7% of the popular vote. Hardly a "death rattle."
                      But he built his following by lying to them. He will be found out eventually.
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

It has to be presented to the SCOTUS. Special elections are arranged all the time, all over the world. It certainly can be done here. There is nothing unconstitutional about it.

The only legitimate objection I can fathom is that some people won't want to vote again; to vote twice for the same thing. That will affect the numbers.
                        There is no mechanism in the constitution to force this. Why didn't the Democrats try to get new elections in Florida in 2000 or anywhere in 2016?

Comment

It would certainly change the dynamics of the vote, which I'm not particularly in favor of and why I would like to see it determined by the more sober headed legislatures. This would prevent a big marketing push from each campaign in an attempt to swing the election in their favor.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

There is no mechanism in the constitution to force this. Why didn't the Democrats try to get new elections in Florida in 2000 or anywhere in 2016?
                            The courts have the constitutional power to order relief (i.e. Torts).
                            Though, to be honest, there probably is a lack of standing since the actual election is held by electors, not the people.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

The courts have the constitutional power to order relief (i.e. Torts).
                              Though, to be honest, there probably is a lack of standing since the actual election is held by electors, not the people.
                              Again, there is no constitutional mechanism to force this. It's just fantasyland.

Comment