Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden Superspreader....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden Superspreader....

How come all the TV news programs were not condemning celebrations like they did with Trump events?

California sees spike in COVID cases days after Biden celebrations as US hits the 10M mark

Los Angeles County saw 2,000 confirmed cases for the fourth consecutive day

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-covid-cases-biden
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

How many articles I saw about Trump rallies being dubbed "superspreader events." The hypocrisy is why the right doesn't take this as serious as the left wants them to. It just looks political. When you show no principles, you and your phony covid fearmongering can shove it.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      How come all the TV news programs were not condemning celebrations like they did with Trump events?
      If they are outdoors with masks on, then they aren't likely to be as bad as indoor events without masks.

And if they are spontaneous, there is no one person to heap blame on, such as with organized events.

I agree, though, there should be more consistent messaging against possible superspreader behavior. But in this case, inconsistency starts at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        For the same reasons that they looked the other way during all of the rioting and looting even claiming that such things don't spread the Chicom coronavirus.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

If they are outdoors with masks on, then they aren't likely to be as bad as indoor events without masks.

And if they are spontaneous, there is no one person to heap blame on, such as with organized events.

I agree, though, there should be more consistent messaging against possible superspreader behavior. But in this case, inconsistency starts at the top.
          I will say there has been a consistent bias in whether a gathering gets condemned, based largely on whether the gathering is more likely to be about a topic the democrats support.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Joe should go to the podium and tell everyone to draw a circle around themselves, and self isolate.

If Joe is not there, than a responsible surrogate needs to step up and shut the super spreader event down.

At the top, Joe is a super spreader if he continues to act irresponsibly and reckless.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I will say there has been a consistent bias in whether a gathering gets condemned, based largely on whether the gathering is more likely to be about a topic the democrats support.
              That's because the democrats are not really concerned about COVID or spreading, they are only interested in finding a club to beat the Republicans over the head with.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

That's because the democrats are not really concerned about COVID or spreading, they are only interested in finding a club to beat the Republicans over the head with.
                I wouldn't go that far it's just that they believed that social justice trumps (no pun intended) social distancing. IOW, concerns for public safety take a distant second place to getting their agenda pushed through.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment