Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Republicans riot in the streets after Biden declared winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republicans riot in the streets after Biden declared winner!

Republicans have taken to the streets in major cities, rioting, destroying property and burning cars as they protest Biden being declared President Elect.

They chanted "NOT MY PRESIDENT!" as they looted stores and set fire to buildings and cars.

Oh, wait, none of that happened. That was when Trump won and the Democrats went nuts.

I guess that's the difference between Democrats and Republicans. We throw tantrums like the Democrats do.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Republicans have taken to the streets in major cities, rioting, destroying property and burning cars as they protest Biden being declared President Elect.

They chanted "NOT MY PRESIDENT!" as they looted stores and set fire to buildings and cars.

Oh, wait, none of that happened. That was when Trump won and the Democrats went nuts.

I guess that's the difference between Democrats and Republicans. We throw tantrums like the Democrats do.

There were protests over the shenanigans over the counting process but I don't remember seeing stores being looted and burned down

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A little too early to try to claim that Sparko. There are Trump supporters protesting the legal counting of ballots and trying to dampen Biden election celebrations - effectively protesting democracy. But so far there has not been violence. But - the reality is in most Trump supporters minds due to their swallowing whole the Trump cool-aid, they don't actually believe Biden won yet. They still think Trump will be able to cancel democracy and find a way to force himself into the role of 'Emporer per SCOTUS'. So we'll have to wait till that fantasy delusion has been dashed to know what their actual reaction is.

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-09-2020, 09:18 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

A little too early to try to claim that Sparko. There are Trump supporters protesting the legal counting of ballots - effectively protesting democracy. But so far there has not been violence. But - the reality is in most Trump supporters minds due to their swallowing whole the Trump cool-aid, they don't actually believe Biden won yet. They still think Trump will be able to cancel democracy and find a way to force himself into the role of 'Emporere'. So we'll have to wait till that fantasy delusion has been dashed to know what their actual reaction is.
        What do you think would have happened if Trump was called as the winner? There would already have been riots in the streets - all these businesses weren't boarding up because of Trump supporters.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

A little too early to try to claim that Sparko. There are Trump supporters protesting the legal counting of ballots - effectively protesting democracy. But so far there has not been violence. But - the reality is in most Trump supporters minds due to their swallowing whole the Trump cool-aid, they don't actually believe Biden won yet. They still think Trump will be able to cancel democracy and find a way to force himself into the role of 'Emporer'. So we'll have to wait till that fantasy delusion has been dashed to know what their actual reaction is.
          Of course the leftists out protesting Trump winning the 2016 election weren't "effectively protesting democracy." They never actually believe Trump won

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

96c08d9afb18d8739f5b87dbdf74afb2402929486e722d980ab7c10d77b38ec2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Of course the leftists out protesting Trump winning the 2016 election weren't "effectively protesting democracy." They never actually believe Trump won

As I said previously, in 2016 Trump lost the popular vote and there was a good bit of Russian instigated pro-Trump propaganda that played into the election. This year the Russian and other interference was supporting the loser, this year popular AND the electoral vote support the winner, and this year instead of conceding and gracefully bowing out even though feeling very much cheated, this loser is trying to create an atmosphere that could very well cause truly violent protests. You see, Clinton did not ask for violent protests, she did not urge them. But try as he may, unfortunately for Trump a large portion of his base have a strong connections to Christian faith, which I hope will tend to prevent him from realizing his goals of chaos and mayhem on his behalf.

In the end. the disparity you point out is somewhat real Sparko. That is why I can not fathom how so many otherwise good people would allow themselves to be deluded and used by a man like Trump.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

*Hypocritical excuse making*
                FIFY, nc.

Comment

A little too early to try to claim that Sparko. There are Trump supporters protesting the legal counting of ballots and trying to dampen Biden election celebrations - effectively protesting democracy. But so far there has not been violence. But - the reality is in most Trump supporters minds due to their swallowing whole the Trump cool-aid, they don't actually believe Biden won yet. They still think Trump will be able to cancel democracy and find a way to force himself into the role of 'Emporer per SCOTUS'. So we'll have to wait till that fantasy delusion has been dashed to know what their actual reaction is.
                  So now wanting to make sure the election was on the up an up is protesting democracy? You mean like the Democrats did for the last FOUR years (Russian Collusion!)? PUHLEEZE.

Legally going through the courts to make sure the votes are correct is a standard practice in any election this close.

Even if Biden ultimately wins (and I think he will, because, let's face it, IF it was rigged, those same people will be in charge of the the "recount") you will not see a reaction from the Republicans like you did from the democrats after Trump won. But if for some reason Trump IS declared the winner after a recount, you will indeed see rioting in the streets from the Democrats that will put the last 4 years to shame.

Comment

So now wanting to make sure the election was on the up an up is protesting democracy? You mean like the Democrats did for the last FOUR years (Russian Collusion!)? PUHLEEZE.

This isn't about wanting to make sure the election is on the up and up. This is about stopping the count where Biden is up, and continuing the count where Trump is up. This is about making false statements about the security of the elections months ahead of time, of accusing the opposing party of trying to steal the election months ahead of time, of sowing discord and chaos, of trying to force a legal showdown so that justices hand picked for potential loyalty to Trump can supercede the vote and keep him in power regardless.

When and if any legitimate fraud or legal challenge can be reaised that is not summarily dismissed due to it being without a leg to stand on, we can revisit the issue. So far, nothing.

Legally going through the courts to make sure the votes are correct is a standard practice in any election this close.

Even if Biden ultimately wins (and I think he will, because, let's face it, IF it was rigged, those same people will be in charge of the the "recount") you will not see a reaction from the Republicans like you did from the democrats after Trump won. But if for some reason Trump IS declared the winner after a recount, you will indeed see rioting in the streets from the Democrats that will put the last 4 years to shame.
                    Legally going through the courts - yes. Trying to foment doubt months ahead of time, trying to stop counts ahead of time - but only where you are behind - mounting baseless accusations with no hope of changing anything? No, not so much.

A recount in Ga makes sense - but can't affect the election. In Pa the votes are segregated to allow the courts to figure out if the covid specific deadline extension is legal, but AFAIK, those votes were not counted or are too small in number wrt Biden's win in PA,, so nothing so far has any chance of changing the outcome. Az, Nevada alone give him the win. Pa makes it 20 over. Ga is just gravy. Anyone with a ounce of integrity would just save the country the agony and realize they are done.

As for a reaction - Biden has BOTH popular and electoral votes, an electoral vote only win like Trump got in 2016 is ALWAY a problem (and did you forget all the accusations of fraud by Trump then as well trying to claim a popular vote wins as well?), and Biden did not have Russia and others sowing misinformation designed to help him win (quite the opposite in fact). There really isn't much of a comparison. The only way anyone would protest Biden's win as 'unfair' - especially after any potential legal challenges have died away - would be because they'd swallowed the Trump cool-aid.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-09-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

A little too early to try to claim that Sparko. There are Trump supporters protesting the legal counting of ballots and trying to dampen Biden election celebrations - effectively protesting democracy.
                      AFAIK, the only official group(s) declaring Biden has won are news agencies.

News agencies aren't the government, they aren't the people, and they aren't democracy. Why are Democrats in such a hurry all of a sudden?

Comment

I do not exaggerate for a moment, the great burden of shame weighing heavily upon your shoulders, but suggest you remember and trust that friends from unexpected corners will come when you decide to walk into the light.

Comment

Oops...

Biden target of profane graffiti in Portland, as crowd smashes windows at Democratic campaign office

Group also spray-painted 'no presidents' and anarchy symbol on building before police made arrests

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-...dows-vandalism

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

News agencies aren't the government, they aren't the people, and they aren't democracy. Why are Democrats in such a hurry all of a sudden?
                            We should follow Hillary's advice:

Hillary Clinton says Biden should not concede the election 'under any circumstances'

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...under-n1238156

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

That would be because the 'official' win comes when the electors vote. but that doesn't matter, and for the history of the presidency, certainly in modern times, the outcome of the election is acknowledge by all parties when the count is in an the result known.

Trump lost Ronson. It's that simple. We can play the game a little while longer while Trump throws his tantrum, but hey, when the legal battles are all over, Buden still will win. These legal challenges just don't have enough oomph to change the vote. The number of votes coming in after the pre-existing deadline in PA is minimal, less that 1,000 by the last accounting I read. A Ga recount will have no effect. Nevada or PA, nevada or Az, nevada or Ga. Biden won. There just isn't any real path out of that. What you are seeing is an unprecedented tantrum by Trump and the GOP that make Hillary's sour grapes (after concession, after inauguration) look like a very gracious loss. As in all things bad, Trump takes it up a notch. Hillary called Trump after the election to congratulate Trump. Obama invited Trump to the white house. Even Gore conceded graciously once the decision of the courts was made.

You guys need to grow up and recognize that once again Trump is taking a path that is destructive to the nation as a whole. And you need to be the adults in the room and push back against it, not join Trump in his trantrum.

Comment