Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Question for Die-Hard Trump Supporters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Trump, in both races, had foreign nations spreading misinformation on his behalf to try to tip the election in his favor.
    The fact that you are still buying these thoroughly debunked conspiracy theories shows just how disconnected from reality you really are.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The fact that you are still buying these thoroughly debunked conspiracy theories shows just how disconnected from reality you really are.
      The fact you still ignoring the warnings from our own intelligence community regarding the attempts by Russia and others to spread misinfornation on the internet which was designed to support the Trump campaign, undermine the biden campaign, or otherwise feed ideological differences to create chaos and confusion shows how disconnected from reality you are.

of course you are the guy saying masks don't work when they are clearly show to, and the fellow claiming photos from the Trump inaguration where somehow altered so as mislead wrt the crowd size ... to name a few of your waltzes with politically expedient fantasy.
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-08-2020, 11:29 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I said audits and recounts, not just recounts. A recount on its own will be pointless if all we do is recount the good ballots with the bad. The first step is to ensure that only legal ballots are counted. This is where the battle will be fought.
        Audits are part of the continuous process of counting ballots. There are provisional counts and recount audits in the process. This has been the process of elections for many years.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

The fact you still ignoring the warnings from our own intelligence community regarding the attempts by Russia and others to spread misinfornation on the internet which was designed to support the Trump campaign, undermine the biden campaign, or otherwise feed ideological differences to create chaos and confusion shows how disconnected from reality you are.

of course you are the guy saying masks don't work when they are clearly show to, and the fellow claiming photos from the Trump inaguration where somehow altered so as mislead wrt the crowd size ... to name a few of your waltzes with politically expedient fantasy.
          Russia's only goal was to sow confusion and dissent by playing both sides, and low information liberals like you have swallowed every bite of it. For instance, we know that the infamous Steele Dossier paid for by Hillary was full of Russian "disinformation" about President Trump. We also know that Russia staged multiple anti-Trump protests throughout the country before and after the 2016 election, one of which was famously attended by infamous filmmaker Michael "Moron" Moore. We also know that Trump's presidency has not been good for Russia, and Putin, I suspect, is salivating at the prospect of negotiating with the cognitively challenged Joe Biden.

And let's be clear, when I say that "masks don't work", I am, of course, referring to paper drug store masks and handkerchiefs, which offer a false sense of security at best. Think about it: if cheap paper masks and ordinary cloth was effective at stopping viruses like the China flu, then why would hospitals bother stocking the much more specialized and expensive N95 masks? As for the inauguration crowd size, I never said the pictures were "somehow altered", and I've called on you this lie before. As I did previously, I will simply direct readers to the thread in question so they can see for themselves what a dishonest jackass you are.

Comment

Russia's only goal was to sow confusion and dissent by playing both sides, and low information liberals like you have swallowed every bite of it. For instance, we know that the infamous Steele Dossier paid for by Hillary was full of Russian "disinformation" about President Trump. We also know that Russia staged multiple anti-Trump protests throughout the country before and after the 2016 election, one of which was famously attended by infamous filmmaker Michael "Moron" Moore. We also know that Trump's presidency has not been good for Russia, and Putin, I suspect, is salivating at the prospect of negotiating with the cognitively challenged Joe Biden.

And let's be clear, when I say that "masks don't work", I am, of course, referring to paper drug store masks and handkerchiefs, which offer a false sense of security at best. Think about it: if cheap paper masks and ordinary cloth was effective at stopping viruses like the China flu, then why would hospitals bother stocking the much more specialized and expensive N95 masks? As for the inauguration crowd size, I never said the pictures were "somehow altered", and I've called on you this lie before. As I did previously, I will simply direct readers to the thread in question so they can see for themselves what a dishonest jackass you are.
            Yeah, go look at posts around number 289 and watch our resident science illiterate still try to claim the two perspectives are not approximately at the same time even though they are time stamped as from about the same time, that there is 'no way' they show the same space and time.. Watch him(and others) be confronted with the raw evidence and still 'doubt' that they are the same event and time. Utter and complete ignorance which has driven nearly every aspect of his support for Trump from then until now.

And then apply 'that' to his assessment of the efficacy of masks, the relative danger or mortality of covid, his certainty about corruption in the election, his certainty the Russians were not for Trump, or his certainty Trump did not coerce Ukraine.

This is a man who, once he's staked out his position on a topic, the evidence does not matter - end of story.
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-08-2020, 04:45 PM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Yeah, go look at posts around number 289 and watch our resident science illiterate still try to claim the two perspectives are not approximately at the same time even though they are time stamped as from about the same time, that there is 'no way' they show the same space and time.. Watch him(and others) be confronted with the raw evidence and still 'doubt' that they are the same event and time. Utter and complete ignorance which has driven nearly every aspect of his support for Trump from then until now.

And then apply 'that' to his assessment of the efficacy of masks, the relative danger or mortality of covid, his certainty about corruption in the election, his certainty the Russians were not for Trump, or his certainty Trump did not coerce Ukraine.

This is a man who, once he's staked out his position on a topic, the evidence does not matter - end of story.
              I will direct readers to post #293 of the inauguration crowd size thread where a quote from an eyewitness who was actually there that day completely demolished dishonest ox's hypothesis, and also notice that ox completely failed to back up his false accusation that I claimed the photos were "somehow altered". I will ask the casual observer to take this into consideration when evaluating ox the hypocrite's assessment of me.

Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-08-2020, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I will direct readers to post #293 of the inauguration crowd size thread where a quote from an eyewitness who was actually there that day completely demolished dishonest ox's hypothesis, and also notice that ox completely failed to back up his false accusation that I claimed the photos were "somehow altered". I will ask the casual observer to take this into consideration when evaluating ox the hypocrite's assessment of me.

:LOL: HE STILL thinks those photos were not showing the same approximate time, the same crowd!

Thanks for proving the point. Those photos show the same crowd at very close to the same time MM. If you had any capacity at all to be objective or any understanding of basic perspective and optics you'd know that those photos are of the same crowd at about the same time. Your 'eyewitness' just didn't have a birds eye view of the back of the crowd like the washington monument camera did. The science doesn't lie, and neither do the photos. But eyewitnesses can be confused, mistaken, or biased.

And of course I'm not rehashing any of the details. You are stubborn as a stump and impervious to reason. Ill not waste my time. But thanks for making it clear that even over four years your stubbornness and blind fielty to Trump will not allow you to budge from your folly.

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                  Does his rhetoric, at this point, alarm you at all?

The way I see it, he's alleging fraud without any evidence, making outright false claims, and questioning the legitimacy of the election because he can't handle to the idea of losing. His campaign is filing lawsuits to literally stop votes from being counted, which might be the most anti-American thing I've ever heard of in my life. And I say this as someone who voted for him, mostly because I can't imagine what sort of fecal sandwich the Democrats are hankering to make of our country at this point. But I have some very serious concerns about Trump at this point. It's almost like he's willing to risk some sort of Constitutional crisis to assuage his own ego over (potentially) losing.

The whole absentee ballet issue to me is especially comical. He literally advocated to have his followers NOT vote by absentee ballots as some of his advisors asked him to not do it (out of fear he might be suppressing voter turnout among his own elderly supporters). So because of his statements, and because of the basic disparity in COVID outlook between Republicans and Democrats (affecting the choice to vote by absentee ballot or not), we all knew the mail in ballots would skew blue. Then, in several places, Republicans blocked efforts to allow for ballots to be counted early, ensuring that we'd have a longer wait as ballot counting in some places couldn't start until Election Day itself. So he had a big hand in creating a situation where he might have an early lead that then got derailed by late-counted blue mail in ballots....and now he's screaming fraud because of it. It's literally exactly what experts predicted would happen, but somehow, to him, it's evidence of a giant conspiracy against him. What an absolute joke.
                  I'll say it nice and simple. I don't care what comes out of his mouth nowhere near as much as I care what comes off his pen.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

I'll say it nice and simple. I don't care what comes out of his mouth nowhere near as much as I care what comes off his pen.
                    I can sympathize with that to a large extent, which is why I voted for him. I am concerned that some in the GOP seem to want to continue his worst policy ideas, and abandon the better ones his administration embarked upon.

However, I think it's insanely irresponsible of him to seed doubt about our electoral process like this. As in, fundamentally un-American and something I'd expect to see in a third-world peudo-democracy. But yes, his policies are more important than his mouth. Unfortunately for him, the election was a referendum on his policy AND his mouth. And apparently, most of the country is not a fan. I'm not saying this to gloat, but more as a way of suggesting the GOP and conservatives in general should thing about appealing to the centrists, and less so to the extremists. Kinda like how if Dems had nominated a pro-life Democrat presidential candidate it might have been even more of a landslide.
                    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

I can sympathize with that to a large extent, which is why I voted for him. I am concerned that some in the GOP seem to want to continue his worst policy ideas, and abandon the better ones his administration embarked upon.

However, I think it's insanely irresponsible of him to seed doubt about our electoral process like this. As in, fundamentally un-American and something I'd expect to see in a third-world peudo-democracy. But yes, his policies are more important than his mouth. Unfortunately for him, the election was a referendum on his policy AND his mouth. And apparently, most of the country is not a fan. I'm not saying this to gloat, but more as a way of suggesting the GOP and conservatives in general should thing about appealing to the centrists, and less so to the extremists. Kinda like how if Dems had nominated a pro-life Democrat presidential candidate it might have been even more of a landslide.
                      I find some irony in remembering four and a bit years ago when the powers-that-be in the Republican party were all trying to work out how they could somehow change something so that Trump did not get the GOP nomination, despite its being the clear will of the rank and file of the party. They thought all the things his detractors now think - inexperienced, no idea how to do the job, maverick, irresponsible, etc. Then as soon as he became President, they didn't just accept him - they embraced him.
                      America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                        I find some irony in remembering four and a bit years ago when the powers-that-be in the Republican party were all trying to work out how they could somehow change something so that Trump did not get the GOP nomination, despite its being the clear will of the rank and file of the party. They thought all the things his detractors now think - inexperienced, no idea how to do the job, maverick, irresponsible, etc. Then as soon as he became President, they didn't just accept him - they embraced him.
                        Political expediency. You can't piss off the masses if you want to get voted in again. It's why Thom Thillis had to stop complaining about Trump and suddenly suck up to him, or risk losing.

I wish they HAD figured out how to bar him from the nomination, his presidency did nothing but confirm their suspicions and the good things he did or allowed would have been done by any other Republican nominee.
                        Last edited by myth; 12-02-2020, 01:37 PM.
                        "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Political expediency. You can't piss off the masses if you want to get voted in again. It's why Thom Thillis had to stop complaining about Trump and suddenly suck up to him, or risk losing.
                          I agree with that to a point. When his actions were - in virtually everybody's eyes - to the detriment of the country (I'm thinking, for example, of the way he gave Putin a pass during their meeting), regardless of getting voted in again, every one of them should have stood up against him. Similarly now. What he is doing is harming the country greatly, and anybody who is not prepared to stand up to him over it, whether it costs them votes or not, is not worth a pinch of shite.

Their oath is to the Constitution, not to Trump or to being re-elected.
                          America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                            and anybody who is not prepared to stand up to him over it, whether it costs them votes or not, is not worth a pinch of shite.
                            I agree. Classic politicians, doing what they need to do to keep a job. They'd risk leading us all off a cliff because they need the votes. Part of why I think we need term limits in Congress. It's also why I admired Mitch Romney's response to the impeachment. I'm not really a Romney fan...but the man did isolate himself to vote his conscience (at least it appeared that way).

Comment