Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

London Lockdown Protests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Lockdown Protests

There obviously is only so much the government can help people before they react against the government's apparent assistance. People have had enough help from the government. It is time to go back to living normally.

There were at least 1000s of protestors on the first night of reinstated lockdowns in London. The odd thing is how many police there are -- are they all actually police or are they recruited just for crowd control?

Another odd thing pointed out in the video is how the protests were downplayed by the media. Even the images shown do not indicate the masses of people that were there.

The report I found was on a youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSAlLGwNhu4

Lockdown protests and demonstrations happening all across EU.

Comment

Whaaaaat? But the liberals here on tweb have assured us that people protesting a lockdown is purely an American thang and that is why we have such high COVID deaths. You must be mistaken on this Mike. Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Whaaaaat? But the liberals here on tweb have assured us that people protesting a lockdown is purely an American thang and that is why we have such high COVID deaths. You must be mistaken on this Mike. Yeah.

It must have been an early Christmas party. There was a Santa in the video. He was hanging out with the police.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

It must have been an early Christmas party. There was a Santa in the video. He was hanging out with the police.
          What were all those Trump supporters doing in England?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

He says "You would expect this to be front-page news."

In Britain? No I wouldn't. The poor guy probably still doesn't know about the thousands of people who marched on Whitehall a couple years ago to protest Tommy Robinson's arrest. It was blacked out. "Freedom of the press" in Britain is a privilege granted by the government - and can be repealed at any time without explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              He says "You would expect this to be front-page news."

In Britain? No I wouldn't. The poor guy probably still doesn't know about the thousands of people who marched on Whitehall a couple years ago to protest Tommy Robinson's arrest. It was blacked out. "Freedom of the press" in Britain is a privilege granted by the government - and can be repealed at any time without explanation.
              Thanks for the info. it almost is inconsequential that their press has to be granted the privilege nowadays. There is info available on the internet. However, a nation's press still seems to have the greatest influence on the people.

Comment

Thanks for the info. it almost is inconsequential that their press has to be granted the privilege nowadays. There is info available on the internet. However, a nation's press still seems to have the greatest influence on the people.
                A lot of news agencies outside of Britain actually honored the blackout, which I found amazing.

British news "Leeds Live" went to court to have the ban lifted. Not BBC, not ITV, not the Times, but a small local outfit had the guts to fight back. They won, and the BIG outfits rode in on their coattails.

I followed live reports on the event on RT. Imagine, a Russian State propaganda "news" agency reporting on news where free countries blacked it out. It's not a commendation for RT, but a condemnation of the allegedly "free" press.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

A lot of news agencies outside of Britain actually honored the blackout, which I found amazing.

British news "Leeds Live" went to court to have the ban lifted. Not BBC, not ITV, not the Times, but a small local outfit had the guts to fight back. They won, and the BIG outfits rode in on their coattails.

I followed live reports on the event on RT. Imagine, a Russian State propaganda "news" agency reporting on news where free countries blacked it out. It's not a commendation for RT, but a condemnation of the allegedly "free" press.
                  i have not quite made a decision about RT. They seem to report useful and interesting things. Also, their reporting is less biased than US mainstream media -- or it seems that way. i don't really follow it though. i still am curious what Russia is like now and their form of governance. I think there is a bunch of corruption in the businesses though.

Comment

i have not quite made a decision about RT. They seem to report useful and interesting things. Also, their reporting is less biased than US mainstream media -- or it seems that way.
                    It depends. RT is blatantly pro Russia and anti American. But when it comes to internal US politics, they used to lean toward Trump (I don't know about nowadays). I credited that to Trump's more internalized politics as opposed to the Obama/Clinton/Biden/Kerry globetrotting globalistic ventures.

I haven't checked RT in more than a year. Not sure what they are like now.

i don't really follow it though. i still am curious what Russia is like now and their form of governance. I think there is a bunch of corruption in the businesses though.
                    I do know that Russia has banned capital punishment. Abortion is legal up to 12 weeks but requires special circumstances for later ones. I wouldn't want to live in Moscow and criticize Putin in any noticeable way, lest I end up with Novichok in my Wheaties.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Could you please cite where liberals have said that?

America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                        Could you please cite where liberals have said that?
                        I don't have any specific posts, but if I were to take a wild stab, I'd say it was either Starlight, Ox, Carpedm, or all three. Most likely the ones that do the most fearmongering about covid.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I don't have any specific posts, but if I were to take a wild stab, I'd say it was either Starlight, Ox, Carpedm, or all three. Most likely the ones that do the most fearmongering about covid.
                          So you can't support what you claimed. Thanks.
                          America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment