Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump will likely pull a Stacey Abrahms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Gore fought until mid December over Florida with the MSM cheering him on every step of the way as he took the fight to the SCOTUS.

The same MSM told Trump to quit complaining on November 4th.
    Actually, the media told Trump the votes weren't done being counted yet. Trump has every right to ask for recounts in the closest races.

Gore waited until the count was final before challenging it.

Comment

Still clinging to your collusion delusion? nutter.gif
      No such thing.
      America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Every single one of 138,000 plus votes going one way is simply not credible no matter how you slice it.
        You are absolutely right about that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...en/6164385002/

And for it to happen twice (they magically "found" 65,000 in Wisconsin almost at the same time with every single vote being for Biden) pushes it well into the realm of impossible.
        Yeah, that one's so unbelievable you're going to have to help me find some support for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Yeah, Trump will probably accuse Biden of being an illegitimate president too, with a lot less justification than Clinton had.
          Wouldn't surprise me at all.
          When I Survey....

Comment

Trolling all you got?

It appears that Republicans will hold onto the Senate and picked up a few seats in the House. Further they didn't lose control of a single state legislature. So much for any "blue wave"

Every single one of 138,000 plus votes going one way is simply not credible no matter how you slice it. And for it to happen twice (they magically "found" 65,000 in Wisconsin almost at the same time with every single vote being for Biden) pushes it well into the realm of impossible.

As old Joe himself would say, "come on man!"
            Seems like accusing the other person of trolling is pretty much your go to...especially when you can't actually argue against what they said.

Surprise, surprise, there was no 138,00 plus votes going one way - it was a clerical error (15,371 votes in a particular county for Biden incorrectly entered as 153,710) at one site picked up by others, despite that one site correcting it fifteen minutes later. Another bit of Trumpite outrage goes away...

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

Wouldn't surprise me at all.
              I'd be surprised - very surprised - if he didn't.

Comment

You are absolutely right about that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...en/6164385002/

Yeah, that one's so unbelievable you're going to have to help me find some support for it.
                Glad there was an explanation for it but there are several other problems for which there isn't a good one that I've heard.

For instance, in Pennsylvania, Trump's observers were kept from watching the vote counting process. They were pushed back anywhere from 20' up to 100' away where they couldn't observe what was going on and had to file suit to be allowed to do their jobs. They had to take it to court where the judge sided with them.

And yet the officials continued to play games. They moved the barricade in closer but then immediately moved the tables where the counting was going on further back! Another complaint was filed and the counting was stopped until the officials started obeying the ruling.

I should note a similar case was filed in Federal court in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and that the state is appealing the current ruling to the state's Supreme Court.

So why in the world are the Democrats in Pennsylvania fighting allowing observers to watch the process? I mean, if there’s no cheating going on, if everything is on the up and up, and if Trump is going to lose legitimately then why not let the Republicans in and let them see Trump losing legitimately? You'd think that they would want that. So, what are they afraid of?

One explanation offered is that they wanted to maintain social distancing because of the Chicom coronavirus. But the poll watchers are already supposed to stay 6' back -- not up to 100' away. And in the original complaint that the Appeals court ruled on, it was shown that the counters were standing shoulder to shoulder and some weren't wearing masks.

So much for that excuse.

So why the resistance if there is no chicanery taking place?

Could this from Gateway Pundit be part of the explanation?: SHOCK VIDEO: Detroit Election Workers Trained To Kick Out Poll Watchers, Count Challenged Ballots, Throw Out Provisional Ballots where lessons given on committing systematic voter fraud

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Glad there was an explanation for it but there are several other problems for which there isn't a good one that I've heard.

For instance, in Pennsylvania, Trump's observers were kept from watching the vote counting process. They were pushed back anywhere from 20' up to 100' away where they couldn't observe what was going on and had to file suit to be allowed to do their jobs. They had to take it to court where the judge sided with them.

And yet the officials continued to play games. They moved the barricade in closer but then immediately moved the tables where the counting was going on further back! Another complaint was filed and the counting was stopped until the officials started obeying the ruling.

I should note a similar case was filed in Federal court in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and that the state is appealing the current ruling to the state's Supreme Court.

So why in the world are the Democrats in Pennsylvania fighting allowing observers to watch the process? I mean, if there’s no cheating going on, if everything is on the up and up, and if Trump is going to lose legitimately then why not let the Republicans in and let them see Trump losing legitimately? You'd think that they would want that. So, what are they afraid of?

One explanation offered is that they wanted to maintain social distancing because of the Chicom coronavirus. But the poll watchers are already supposed to stay 6' back -- not up to 100' away. And in the original complaint that the Appeals court ruled on, it was shown that the counters were standing shoulder to shoulder and some weren't wearing masks.

So much for that excuse.

So why the resistance if there is no chicanery taking place?

Could this from Gateway Pundit be part of the explanation?: SHOCK VIDEO: Detroit Election Workers Trained To Kick Out Poll Watchers, Count Challenged Ballots, Throw Out Provisional Ballots where lessons given on committing systematic voter fraud
                  Probably the best complaint Trump supporters have in this election is the way observers are treated in Philadelphia. And this particular complaint might get more traction if it weren't drowned out by the huge number of obviously baseless complaints. And fake videos don't help your case.

Still, the fact that vote counters don't want to be crowded by observers during a pandemic is not exactly evidence of fraud. There are observers, and some of them have had binoculars. There is also a live stream of the room.

Comment

Probably the best complaint Trump supporters have in this election is the way observers are treated in Philadelphia. And this particular complaint might get more traction if it weren't drowned out by the huge number of obviously baseless complaints. And fake videos don't help your case.

Still, the fact that vote counters don't want to be crowded by observers during a pandemic is not exactly evidence of fraud. There are observers, and some of them have had binoculars. There is also a live stream of the room.
                    The fact that the counters were standing shoulder to shoulder with several not wearing masks drives a hole through the claim that they were kept out because of fear of the Chicom coronavirus. Social distancing is keeping 6' apart not 100' apart

Just because you don't like what a video contains does not magically make it fake.
                    Last edited by rogue06; 11-07-2020, 10:44 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The fact that the counters were standing shoulder to shoulder with several not wearing masks...
                      I haven't seen any evidence to that effect, and I've learned to take the claims of right-wingers with a huge grain of salt.

Just because you don't like what a video contains does not magically make it fake.
                      Produce the video, and I'll be glad to take a look at it.

Comment

I haven't seen any evidence to that effect, and I've learned to take the claims of right-wingers with a huge grain of salt.

Produce the video, and I'll be glad to take a look at it.
                        Check out the ruling from the Pennsylvania Commonwealth court where it is described. Not only were the counters shoulder to shoulder with some not wearing masks, but they were also described as leaning over each other.

Such behavior belies any claim that the observers were illegally kept up to 100' away due to concern for social distancing. The observers are not allowed to approach closer than 6' from the counters (that was what the barricade was there to enforce). Still, the counters took it upon themselves to move the barricades back to between 20 and 100'. And when the courts told them to stop they allowed the barricades to be put back to where they were supposed to be and instead moved the tables way back from the barricades.

Add in the fact that they appealed to the state supreme court makes it painfully obvious they were doing everything in their power to thwart the poll watchers from doing their jobs. They simply did not want to be scrutinized and kept taking steps to ensure that.

But I guess the court documents are "right-wingers"

Comment

Check out the ruling from the Pennsylvania Commonwealth court where it is described. Not only were the counters shoulder to shoulder with some not wearing masks, but they were also described as leaning over each other.
                          I've looked through a lot of the court documents, but haven't found that one.

Since you've seen it yourself, perhaps you could provide a link.

Comment

I've looked through a lot of the court documents, but haven't found that one.

Since you've seen it yourself, perhaps you could provide a link.
                            It is mentioned in my first link in the ruling by Judge Christine Fizzano Cannon where it noted that witnesses testified (or provided signed affidavits) that "election workers without masks were “standing shoulder to shoulder and leaning over each other.”" She agreed and issued an order requiring that poll watchers be allowed to do their jobs.

For some reason I'm now getting a message from that link requesting that I subscribe to see it

Comment

It is mentioned in my first link in the ruling by Judge Christine Fizzano Cannon where it noted that witnesses testified (or provided signed affidavits) that "election workers without masks were “standing shoulder to shoulder and leaning over each other.”" She agreed and issued an order requiring that poll watchers be allowed to do their jobs.
                              So you haven't actually seen court documents that said that.

If the article is to be believed, one Trump witness made such a claim.

Comment