Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

November 4 has come and gone and Covid-19 still hasn't disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Q told me they're going to distribute Gates-22 via Jewish space laser.
    Ilhan Omar told me it'll be "some people did something"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

In January, the death rate in the Los Angeles area doubled the average in previous years.

You can argue that it wasn't covid-19, but then you are left trying to explain just what caused all the extra deaths.
      Deaths of despair. In a major social epicenter like LA, what else would it be?

Deaths of despair have risen during the coronavirus pandemic, and the latest research suggests the increase has been dramatic.

The pandemic and recession were associated with a 10% to 60% increase in deaths of despair above already high pre-pandemic levels, according to a working paper by Casey Mulligan, professor of economics at the University of Chicago. These non-COVID excess deaths are disproportionately experienced by men aged 15-55, he found. Some health professionals, however, have said such estimates are both premature and overzealous in their projections.

“From March onward, excess deaths are approximately 250,000 of which about 17,000 appear to be a COVID under-count and 30,000 non-COVID. Deaths of despair — drug overdose, suicide, alcohol — in 2017 and 2018 are good predictors of the demographic groups with [non-COVID excess deaths] in 2020,” Mulligan wrote in his paper, distributed this month by the National Bureau of Economic Research.

“Mortality in 2020 significantly exceeds what would have occurred if official COVID deaths were combined with a normal number of deaths from other causes. The demographic and time patterns of the non-COVID excess deaths (NCEDs) point to deaths of despair rather than an under-count of COVID deaths.” They increased steadily from March to June and then plateaued.
      Last edited by seanD; 02-07-2021, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Certainly that portion of the excess deaths not attributed to covid-19 could be deaths of despair. Of course, they could also be deaths not directly related to covid-19 but due to a shortage of adequate medical care because of the pandemic.

Comment

Certainly that portion of the excess deaths not attributed to covid-19 could be deaths of despair. Of course, they could also be deaths not directly related to covid-19 but due to a shortage of adequate medical care because of the pandemic.
          It's possible, but I have yet to see any proof.
          Last edited by seanD; 02-07-2021, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Ilhan Omar told me it'll be "some people did something"
            A summary of Marjorie Taylor Greene's conspiracy belief history:

https://www.insider.com/marjorie-tay...history-2021-2

The Pizzagate conspiracy theory

CNN reported that in a 2017 blog post, Greene shared a link to a far-right website that suggested "Pizzagate," the 2016 conspiracy theory alleging that Clinton and aides ran a child-trafficking ring out of a DC pizza restaurant, was real.

"Shockingly, the website tells about information that was only whispered about and called conspiracy theories," Greene wrote, according to CNN.

"Pizzagate" was the precursor to QAnon, which originated in 2017.

Frazzledrip

Greene has expressed belief in the existence of "Frazzledrip," a fictitious video that conspiracy theorists claim shows Hillary Clinton and aide Huma Abedin sexually assault a child before slicing off her face and wearing it as a mask.

The vulgar conspiracy theory spread on YouTube in 2018, as the Washington Post reported. YouTube videos claiming that "Frazzledrip" existed were viewed millions of times that year, the Post found. "Frazzledrip" folklore remains popular in the QAnon community.

Greene made Facebook comments about "Frazzledrip," which were recently reported by left-leaning nonprofit Media Matters for America (MMFA), in May 2018.

Greene posted a picture of the mother of a slain New York Police Department detective, Miosotis Familia, and a commenter said that Familia had "watched a horrific video" allegedly seized from the laptop of disgraced former congressman Anthony Weiner, Abedin's ex-husband. The commenter said that the video showed Abedin and Clinton "filleting" a child's face, according to screenshots obtained by MMFA.

Denials that 9/11 and mass shootings took place

Greene has baselessly questioned whether the deadly shootings in Newtown, Connecticut, and Parkland, Florida, actually took place.

In several 2018 Facebook comments, Greene agreed with other users that the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, was a "false flag" event. MMFA reported the comments, which have since been deleted from Greene's Facebook page.

When another commenter in 2018 claimed that "none of the School shootings were real," the September 11, 2001, attacks were staged by the US government, and that the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, was staged, Greene agreed.

"That is all true," she said in a comment, according to screenshots reported by MMFA.

All of those claims are false and have been debunked.

A recently resurfaced video from earlier that year shows Greene accosting David Hogg, a survivor of the Parkland shooting, who was 17 at the time, in Washington, DC. Hogg was in town to advocate for gun control at the Capitol. Greene followed the teen down the street, calling him a "coward," just weeks after the shooting at his high school killed 17 people.

In a Facebook post later that year, Greene claimed that Pelosi "tells Hillary Clinton several times a month that 'we need another school shooting' in order to persuade the public to want strict gun control."

Linda Beigel Schulman, the mother of one of the Parkland shooting victims, told MSNBC in an interview aired Sunday that she spoke to Greene on the phone, and the congresswoman admitted to believing that the shootings had actually taken place.

The conspiracy theory that space lasers controlled by a Jewish family caused wildfires

Perhaps the most shocking of all of Greene's conspiracy theories is the idea that lasers in space had caused the deadly Camp Fire in California in the fall of 2018. The Camp Fire was the deadliest wildfire in California's history.

QAnon believers and other conspiracy theorists popularized the space laser theory, and Greene posted about it on Facebook, MMFA found.

Greene said she believed the Rothschild investment bank was involved in the creation of the lasers. "Could that cause a fire? Hmmm, I don't know," she said of laser beams in space. "I hope not! That wouldn't look so good for PG&E, Rothschild Inc, Solaren or Jerry Brown who sure does seem fond of PG&E."

Rothschild is controlled by the Rothschild family, a wealthy Jewish family from Germany that has for centuries been the subject of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. Such claims play a huge role in QAnon, which is partly based on anti-Semitic tropes.

Read More: QAnon builds on centuries of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories that put Jewish people at risk

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post

A summary of Marjorie Taylor Greene's conspiracy belief history:

https://www.insider.com/marjorie-tay...history-2021-2

[B]

I'm familiar with the various fruit loop conspiracy theories. Biden's pick for AG for Civil Rights is a black supremacist who traffics in anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.

And while Greene has been booted from her committee assignment as a result of hers, Omar is still there despite some of the vile things she says.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I'm familiar with the various fruit loop conspiracy theories. Biden's pick for AG for Civil Rights is a black supremacist who traffics in anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.

And while Greene has been booted from her committee assignment as a result of hers, Omar is still there despite some of the vile things she says.
                Not even close to a dead heat, but you think it is because she wears a head covering. Greene went of her way to be loopier, and you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Too true. I've lostt two friends to suicide since this started. Both living in states that have been big on lockdowns and business closures. One lost his business he had sunk his life savings into in NY, the other lost her job with little prospects of Newsom endinghis restrictions in Cali.

Comment

All those dancing nurse/doctor tiktoks the last year or so do not jive with that explanation very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                      I just came across an interesting table which shows COVID was the leading cause of death in the US from Jan 1-26, 2021.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/slide/covid-19-now-leading-cause-of-death-in-the-united-states/

TWITTER-COVID-Leading-Cause-of-Death_PK_Logo.png
                      I find that..... dubious at best.

First I'dlike to see a real breakdown on how many of those are deaths FROM Covid and how many ware deaths WITH Covid.

Second, we'veseen even just a couple years ago how absurdly inaccurate death counts can be, for even something as routine as the seasonal flu (let alone a new virus that is a pandemic), if you are giving numbers during or shortly after it has occurred. In the 2017-18 flu season, at the end they estimated
                      80,000 deaths. A year later they came back and corrected it to 61,000 deaths. That's an overcounting counting of 19,000. In my line of work if I made an error of that magnitude I'd be fired and people would probably be dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Too true. I've lostt two friends to suicide since this started. Both living in states that have been big on lockdowns and business closures. One lost his business he had sunk his life savings into in NY, the other lost her job with little prospects of Newsom endinghis restrictions in Cali.
                        The lockdown cult of the left will dismiss that and claim you value economics over saving granny. In fact, in the very article I linked to, there were two covid cultists, undoubtedly leftist ideologues, that actually claimed internet social media should be a mitigating factor against such despair. Those are supposedly two health professionals that believe that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

All those dancing nurse/doctor tiktoks the last year or so do not jive with that explanation very well.
                          I'm not familiar with those tiktoks, but If they were from last year, they probably don't say much about what was happening in Los Angeles last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post

Not even close to a dead heat, but you think it is because she wears a head covering. Greene went of her way to be loopier, and you know it.
                            I noted that she said some vile things. Like dismissing 9/11 as simply being nothing more than "some people did something." She also has a long record of anti-Semitic remarks for someone who has been in the public eye for such a short time. It's like she goes out of her way to be a bigot. But then again if that's what you fundamentally are

And the Democrat's won't do anything about it. At first Pelosi and the rest of the House Democratic leadership rebuked Omar and called on her to apologize for her "use of anti-Semitic tropes and prejudicial accusations about Israel’s supporters." She wouldn't and didn't. And then all of a sudden Pelosi did a complete 180 and circled the wagons around her and started defending her, as she continued making anti-Semitic remarks, insisting that there is "no taint" of anti-Semitism in the Democrat party.

Comment