Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Great Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Reset

Have people heard of the Great Reset of the whole fiat money/banking system?

I'm not likely to have a very accurate description of all this. However, I will present what I can.

The problem seems to be the need and attempt to promote inflation instead of deflation or stagnation. We actually have had a failure since the recession of 2008 and the financial system has not recovered from this but has only prolonged the status quo since then.

This prolonging process seems to be evidenced by the maintenance of the extremely low Fed rates. This was done ostensibly to maintain the level of consumerism and other economic activity necessary to keep the broad economic system afloat. The stimulus package (including the $1200 checks to so many families in the US) was to promote spending so as to achieve higher levels of consumerism. But, many people put it in savings or paid off debts.

We basically then are to encounter monumental shifts of the economic/financial system.

Banks are likely to fold or will have bail-ins. The bail-ins seems to describe where people who have say 100k in the bank will be losing part of that. This had been done in Cyprus.

We also are facing the change of the money system where the private Federal Bank would create electronic money accounts. It was described that they would credit people's accounts on the basis that people would spend that money in a short period of time. This sort of system already is being done in China. And the Feds have a system that just was started -- this would be a replacement for the banking accounts.

There also is talk of people accepting a pay-off of their mortgages if they agree to obligations from that-- I forget what this was about.

Video 1: This is What Comes Next

Video 2: Lynette Zang Explains How to Prepare for The Great Reset

All this is in process now -- and will be evident in 2021. It is essentially putting in a whole new money system. We lost a bunch of control of the expansion of money when the dollar was off the gold and silver standards. This seems to make the money system more arbitrary.

If this all happens as expected, you will be in a position to recognize what is happening.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 11-04-2020, 09:20 PM.

Looks like just a scare tactic this Lynn Zang is using to sell gold and silver on her ITM Trading website as a hedge against this "reset". If gold and silver are so valuable compared to cash, why is she selling hers for cash to all those suckers out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Looks like just a scare tactic this Lynn Zang is using to sell gold and silver on her ITM Trading website as a hedge against this "reset". If gold and silver are so valuable compared to cash, why is she selling hers for cash to all those suckers out there?
      The gold/silver thing has been going on for a long time. I've never understood the push for it, but it's definitely something aimed at heavily at conservatives. Sort of like how CBD is being snake-oiled at liberals as a cure-all for pretty much anything you can imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

The gold/silver thing has been going on for a long time. I've never understood the push for it, but it's definitely something aimed at heavily at conservatives. Sort of like how CBD is being snake-oiled at liberals as a cure-all for pretty much anything you can imagine.
        well right now gold is at an all time high so it is very profitable for people who have bought it at a lower price to sell it to suckers by appealing to their fears and uncertainty. But gold fluctuates just like stocks do. So once the economy is strong again, gold usually drops as the demand decreases. Then those who bought it an all time high have lost money, and those who sold it now can buy more at the lower price to sell again when it gets higher. And that isn't even counting the commissions they charge to both buy and sell the gold. Silver is the same.

Comment

Precious metals are always the nervous investment before unrest (assuming anything will ever happen to the US dollar). I think of it the same as bull market stocks and bear market bonds, but you'd need to predict it accurately. I'm horrible at that.

Comment

well right now gold is at an all time high so it is very profitable for people who have bought it at a lower price to sell it to suckers by appealing to their fears and uncertainty. But gold fluctuates just like stocks do. So once the economy is strong again, gold usually drops as the demand decreases. Then those who bought it an all time high have lost money, and those who sold it now can buy more at the lower price to sell again when it gets higher. And that isn't even counting the commissions they charge to both buy and sell the gold. Silver is the same.
            Oh, no I get why people peddle it. I just always wondered why it seems to be pointed at conservatives. I.E. Buying gold/silver never really seemed to be a conservative value, but it seems that this was the market that was built over time. That always confused me.

At least the CBD snake-oiling makes sense, it scams people who are already likely to buy into the legalization/wonder-drug spin of pot legalizers.

Comment

Oh, no I get why people peddle it. I just always wondered why it seems to be pointed at conservatives. I.E. Buying gold/silver never really seemed to be a conservative value, but it seems that this was the market that was built over time. That always confused me.

At least the CBD snake-oiling makes sense, it scams people who are already likely to buy into the legalization/wonder-drug spin of pot legalizers.
              I always associated large precious metal purchases with preppers...maybe that's from reading too many end-of-the-world science fiction novels. The heroes always seem to want to have gold stashed away, as currency quickly becomes virtually worthless. That's not to say that I don't understand that plenty of people use it as an investment option, as they might use stocks.
              America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

I think it is just marketed at older people who happen to be conservative as a group. Because they are more worried about their retirement and have the most money to spend. And are more gullible.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                  I always associated large precious metal purchases with preppers...maybe that's from reading too many end-of-the-world science fiction novels. The heroes always seem to want to have gold stashed away, as currency quickly becomes virtually worthless. That's not to say that I don't understand that plenty of people use it as an investment option, as they might use stocks.
                  If the end of the world does happen, I think goods are going to be more valuable than gold. You can't eat gold. And toilet paper apparently, going by the shortage this year because of a virus. I think I would stock up on TP, and then be the richest guy in the country!

Comment

I've heard people use that argument. However, as long as gold and silver are available for purchase, the people who sell it can et more of it in order to sell it to other people. This is what supermarkets do with food. However, if these products stop having a decent supply, the price will probably go up significantly.

Investment advisors over the years have recommended something like ten percent of your savings be in precious metals. Some people sold gold at high prices while the stocks prices years ago were stagnating.

I don't think it is a scare tactic. The world economy is on shaky group with so many nations responding so severely to this virus issue. There are many people pointing out the economic problems to assume this is just a gimmick.

Comment

If the end of the world does happen, I think goods are going to be more valuable than gold. You can't eat gold. And toilet paper apparently, going by the shortage this year because of a virus. I think I would stock up on TP, and then be the richest guy in the country!
                      Some people make that point too. Gold is probably a bit better to eat that dollar bills. I do think we are in the Rev 20:7-10 era. Revelation has been interpreted as the end of the world. The deception goes on for an unspecified duration, so, apart from people being deceived to think there are signs (like the mark of the beast scenario) there are no real signs of when this starts and when it ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                        Precious metals are always the nervous investment before unrest (assuming anything will ever happen to the US dollar). I think of it the same as bull market stocks and bear market bonds, but you'd need to predict it accurately. I'm horrible at that.
                        I mentioned in another response that precious metals are a general recommendation by investment advisors. These are not really investments. For example, the metals don't multiply on their own. They would only be an investment if you made product from the metal -- like jewelry or silver wire. Instead, the metals are ways of preserving wealth. It also is a backup if the financial system collapses.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                          Which I must admit, I'm not sure if gold/silver is a good end of the world style of investment. Gold is worth $ because it was rare and prized by the rich. In a situation where US money becomes worthless, gold doesn't really hold value unless the gold itself is useful. Gold isn't very useful, can't be eaten, can't be drunk. You MIGHT be able to buy your way out of the country, but if the US $ collapses that much, I'm not sure the rest of the world is in that good of a shape either.

Comment

Which I must admit, I'm not sure if gold/silver is a good end of the world style of investment. Gold is worth $ because it was rare and prized by the rich. In a situation where US money becomes worthless, gold doesn't really hold value unless the gold itself is useful. Gold isn't very useful, can't be eaten, can't be drunk. You MIGHT be able to buy your way out of the country, but if the US $ collapses that much, I'm not sure the rest of the world is in that good of a shape either.
                            Haha. I don't think the concept is for the end of the world. The general idea is that gold has always been seen as valuable. The other idea is if US money becomes worthless, gold is not seen as worthless. However, between having no gold or no food -- it is better to have food. But remember there usually are people who could sell food if you can pay for it with gold.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                              Have people heard of the Great Reset of the whole fiat money/banking system?

Video 1: This is What Comes Next
                              The first video didn't come up when I have clicked on it today. the link is .youtube.com/watch?v=ZVpwsFooGcQWEA

The video does show up with this manual link

I think the answer to the initial question is that people had not heard about it. I have seen discussions about this but I have not seen the extent of groups that have addressed this concept.

Comment