Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Trump tax cut is a con too ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I was mostly quoting the nyt article. And its a rolling repeal of various components of the plan in intervals of 2 years with the first iteration affecting the poorest taxpayers and the last in 2025 or 2026 . The different time frames i'm attributing to some looking at when the law changes and others looking at when the effect of the law on income will be fully realized in a workers paycheck or end of the year tax bill.
    So not a tax increase, simply a return to what it was previously, and only because the Democrats didn't want to give the President a win with a permanent plan. In that case, you should hope Trump wins reelection and that Republicans take back the House and increase their majority in the Senate, because then there's a very good chance that Trump will be able make the tax cuts permanent. Maybe you can do your part and view for him.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You did not define the type of taxation. You said taxation is theft. That is all. As I said in the first part of the post. I'm not a mind reader, nor do I try to read minds. I respond to what you say here on this website.
      We were literally bloody talking about income taxes,but okay, feel free to be a knob.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

So not a tax increase, simply a return to what it was previously, and only because the Democrats didn't want to give the President a win with a permanent plan. In that case, you should hope Trump wins reelection and that Republicans take back the House and increase their majority in the Senate, because then there's a very good chance that Trump will be able make the tax cuts permanent. Maybe you can do your part and view for him.
        No, I should not hope Trump wins re-election. The devolution of civility and sanity, the escallations of violence like we are seeing now with Trumpians trying to intimidate people at the polls and keep votes from being counted, the raw corruption of values that has been foisted upon the government and which has infected most of his supporters will destroy us if it continues for 4 more years. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands that may well become over a million dead under his management of COVID.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

We were literally bloody talking about income taxes,but okay, feel free to be a knob.
          You mocked me in one post for 'trying to read your mind', and now you mock me two posts later for not reading your mind?.

So who is it that is 'being a knob'?

So what is it you want G. Do you want me to infer from other posts additional meanings you do not explicitly state being willing to acknowledge context did imply what was inferred, or do you want me to react to what you explicitly state and not ever infer anything from context?
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No, I should not hope Trump wins re-election.
            Remember, a win for Trump is a win for America.

Comment

Remember, a win for Trump is a win for America.
              A win for Trump is a win for anarchy and every nation that wants to see America out of their way.

Comment

A win for Trump is a win for anarchy and every nation that wants to see America out of their way.
                Have you even been paying attention to the last four years? I guarantee the anarchists who have been rioting and looting and burning their communities to the ground will not be voting for President Trump.

Comment

Have you even been paying attention to the last four years? I guarantee the anarchists who have been rioting and looting and burning their communities to the ground will not be voting for President Trump.
                  Anarchists oportunistically taking their cues from unrest stoked and exacerbated by Donald Trump. Trump fed the unrest. That is all he has done his entire term is create chaos, unrest, incivility. He has stoked the fires of racism, undermined our election process, sabotaged our mail system encouraged white supremacists, unraveled key international alliances, given dictators and despots new boldness, destroyed the lives of children caught in a struggle between death and poverty at home and the possibility of a better life in the us, killed hundreds of thousands through sheer ignorance and arrogance and has set the stage to kill at least a hundred thousand more before he leaves office - assuming he loses.

Comment

Anarchists oportunistically taking their cues from unrest stoked and exacerbated by Donald Trump.
                    Of course, it's all President Trump's fault when liberals riot and loot and commit arson.

Comment

Of course, it's all President Trump's fault when liberals riot and loot and commit arson.
                      Of course, you cut the content of my post try to hide the fact your comment is rubbish.

Comment

Of course, you cut the content of my post...
                        ...that wasn't worth my time to read or respond to.

Comment

...that wasn't worth my time to read or respond to.
                          yet you responded anyway ...

Comment

I noticed this in the nyt today, and looked at some other data on it. Many of you will no doubt reject this analysis. But it seems only fair that its reality at least be brought out of the shadows prior to the election, not that any lost in Trumpian fantasy land can benefit from that knowledge.

As it turns our, the Trump tax cut has built in tax increases that begin - you guessed it - in 2021, after the election of course. Increases that progressively raise taxes on the middle class while granting a permanent cut to corporations and those earning more. A 2.3% cut for those earning a million or more, a raise over 2017 levels for all earning less that 100,000 a year. Indeed, the first raise in 2021 puts those below the poverty line paying more than in 2017 from the very first incremental increase in 2021.

Contrast that with Biden who plans to increase taxes only on the most wealthy people. No wonder Trump keeps distorting what Biden has said about taxes! It's a smokescreen to hide his own con!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/31/o...gtype=Homepage

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-tax-plan-comparison-trump/

https://money.cnn.com/2017/12/20/pf/...ary/index.html

The Bush Obama tax cuts worked the same way. They were set to expire, and democrats were faced with letting the middle/lower class cuts expire, and therefore raising taxes or to extend them. Obama chose to extend the cuts permanently (70% of the cost). This is pretty much the same thing. So, now it'll be up to democrats to defend letting them expire, or extend them.

Comment