Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden Team Cancels Texas Event After Highway ‘Ambush’ by MAGA Cavalry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

And you're being purposely hypocritical.
    On the contrary. The purpose of my responses to Sparko is to reflect back the pattern of ignoring gross wrongdoing by Donald Trump for the past 4 year, highlighted by the attempt to cast blame on the White SUV Driver in a thread mocking those harrassed and intimidated by a convoy of Trump supporters. The hypocrisy is right there, plain as day - here is a bunch of guys in Trucks surrounding a Biden bus, harrassing it, causing it to have to slow down, eventually causing the cancelling of an event, and the focus of the thread is on trying to cast blame elsewhere for their aggressive actions and to mock those that faced the intimidation of the Trump trucks.

The rank hypocrisy is constant wrt Trump. And you have the gall to rail against me for merely reflecting back at them what they do every single day on this website? And where is your voice calling for the equal condemnation of what the Trump truckers did in this instance?

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

On the contrary. The purpose of my responses to Sparko is to reflect back the pattern of ignoring gross wrongdoing by Donald Trump for the past 4 year, highlighted by the attempt to cast blame on the White SUV Driver in a thread mocking those harrassed and intimidated by a convoy of Trump supporters. The hypocrisy is right there, plain as day - here is a bunch of guys in Trucks surrounding a Biden bus, harrassing it, causing it to have to slow down, eventually causing the cancelling of an event, and the focus of the thread is on trying to cast blame elsewhere for their aggressive actions and to mock those that faced the intimidation of the Trump trucks.

The rank hypocrisy is constant wrt Trump. And you have the gall to rail against me for merely reflecting back at them what they do every single day on this website? And where is your voice calling for the equal condemnation of what the Trump truckers did in this instance?
      Give it up, oxmixmudd. Let it go. Your man is in the WH, you should go back to Natural Science.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, I was the one, in this thread, who brought up how foolishly they ALL were driving. So your last little turn of the knife has no substance.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Sparko - you are being purposefully dense. I am only presenting to you a mirror image of yourself. You want to excuse this convoy and try to pretend the white SUV is the only bad guy here, that there was nothing wrong that could possibly have cause a problem going on that he/she was reacting to. All I'm doing is offering you the same stubborn refusal to acknowledge wrong that you and your co-horts present every single day on this website wrt all things Donald Trump, including this convoy surrounding the Biden bus.
        Jim, I am not excusing anything. They were both wrong. But one doesn't excuse the other. You can't just run someone off the road because you think they are following someone too closely. That's imbecilic. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Jim, I am not excusing anything. They were both wrong. But one doesn't excuse the other. You can't just run someone off the road because you think they are following someone too closely. That's imbecilic. Two wrongs don't make a right.
          I never said you could. But he didn't run anyone off the road, now did he? There was some contact, but no accident. You exaggeration of his action and diminshing or the danger presented by the trump convoy IS THE POINT.

The issue for me is the attempts in this thread to excuse a convoy of trucks specifically targetting a Biden Bus because it was a Biden bus and the danger THEY created. THAT is the issue as far as I'm concerned. That white SUV would never have felt the need to or tried to intervene if there had not been a dangerous situation created in the first place (which goes to the moronic attempt to equate this to a man claiming a woman made her rape him). The equivalent here is a fellow pointing an unloaded .45 at someone and the other guy happening to have a 9mm and shooting at him. You guys are like the yo-yos that want to crucify the guy that fired the 9mm because after the fact it comes to light the .45 wasn't actually loaded.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-09-2020, 03:34 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Give it up, oxmixmudd. Let it go. Your man is in the WH, you should go back to Natural Science.
            I don't have anything to give up mossy. Sparko is the one that demands I condemn the guy in the SUV while he and others excuse what the convoy did. I'm just refusing to offer any critical comments on the behavior of the white SUV until these yo-yos recognize the Trump and acknowledge the convoy created a dangerous situation and put a lot of people at risk and that it is possible that the white SUV felt they were a threat to the bus and was trying to protect the occupants of said bus. Once we get to that point, THEN I'm willing to discuss of the driver of the white SUV might have reacted inappropriately to the thread the Trump truck convoy created.

But we won't get to that point because there is a significant double standard in play here.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, I was the one, in this thread, who brought up how foolishly they ALL were driving. So your last little turn of the knife has no substance.
            I didn't see your post mossy, and I'm glad to know at least someone that tends to support Trump had enough integrity to say something about the idiots driving the Trump convoy.

Comment

I never said you could. But he didn't run anyone off the road, now did he? There was some contact, but no accident. You exaggeration of his action and diminshing or the danger presented by the trump convoy IS THE POINT.
              Hitting someone IS an accident. And his not running someone off the road wasn't for a lack of trying. Your dismissal of his action is MY point. You keep trying to hand wave his actions away as the truck's fault somehow.

Comment

Hitting someone IS an accident. And his not running someone off the road wasn't for a lack of trying. Your dismissal of his action is MY point. You keep trying to hand wave his actions away as the truck's fault somehow.
                We are done. You refuse to acknowledge the cause, so i will continue to refuse to acknowledge the incident. So until you can be honest about the cause, this discussion can go no further.

Comment

We are done. You refuse to acknowledge the cause, so i will continue to refuse to acknowledge the incident. So until you can be honest about the cause, this discussion can go no further.
                  I have acknowledged the cause: The driver of the white SUV decided to try to push the truck off the road. That was the cause of the accident. The police are now out looking for the driver to charge him with hitting the truck. The truck did nothing to the SUV. You can't just attack someone because you don't like the way they are driving.

But sure, keep pretending I and the others haven't destroyed your dumbass argument over and over and "now we are done."

Comment

I have acknowledged the cause: The driver of the white SUV decided to try to push the truck off the road. That was the cause of the accident. The police are now out looking for the driver to charge him with hitting the truck. The truck did nothing to the SUV. You can't just attack someone because you don't like the way they are driving.

But sure, keep pretending I and the others haven't destroyed your dumbass argument over and over and "now we are done."
                    next ...

Comment