Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Translator needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translator needed

Remember how the MSM literally spent days razzing Trump for his "covfefe" gaffe. They went at it like a half-starved dog with a bone.

Needless to say they'll do the same with Joe Biden's latest "Bidenism," right?

While in Pennsylvania at one of his rallies where fewer than 20 people show up we were treated to the following:

I’ll lead an effective strategy to mobilize trunalimunumaprzure."

saywot.gif

"Trunalimunumaprzure."

You can see for yourself how the American Sign Language translator responded when he heard “trunalimunumaprzure” come out of Biden’s mouth:

That was probably the best response you could give except for this:

Can anyone please translate from nonsensical gibberish into English please?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

According to a CNN transcript, he said something along the lines of, "I’ll lead an effective strategy to mobilize [true international pressure]," which even without the mush-mouth delivery is not a particularly coherent statement.

As for the sign language interpreter, I feel the need to point out that interpreters are always at least one or two thoughts behind the speaker in a live setting, and in this case, since he's interpreting from a remote location and likely listening to the speech over a webstream, there's an additional delay, meaning that the interpreter is likely a minute or more behind Joe. I'll simply note that what he's interpreting in the video has nothing to do with what Joe is saying, so the shrug had nothing to do with Joe's bungled delivery.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      According to a CNN transcript, he said something along the lines of, "I’ll lead an effective strategy to mobilize [true international pressure]," which even without the mush-mouth delivery is not a particularly coherent statement.

As for the sign language interpreter, I feel the need to point out that interpreters are always at least one or two thoughts behind the speaker in a live setting, and in this case, since he's interpreting from a remote location and likely listening to the speech over a webstream, there's an additional delay, meaning that the interpreter is likely a minute or more behind Joe. I'll simply note that what he's interpreting in the video has nothing to do with what Joe is saying, so the shrug had nothing to do with Joe's bungled delivery.
      So according to CNN, "trunalimunumaprzure" means "true international pressure." Therefore "tru" means "true" and "przure" means "pressure" -- which makes sense. But how did they get "international" out of "alimunuma"? Something that sounds like a three year old trying to pronounce aluminum.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thanks for your unbiased commentary on the sign language interpreters, in this and in other threads.
        "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
        "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Other news source transcripts read "true international effort to pressure" which, after listening to the video several times, seems to be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

Thanks for your unbiased commentary on the sign language interpreters, in this and in other threads.
            So what do you think Biden meant by "Trunalimunumaprzure."

ETA: I see that you're positing the idea he meant "true international effort to pressure." Again, the beginning and end make sense but just how does anyone manage to get "international effort to" out of "alimunuma" unless they were told by the campaign that was what he meant to say?
            Last edited by rogue06; 10-31-2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Other news source transcripts read "true international effort to pressure" which, after listening to the video several times, seems to be correct.
              Only if one is having a seizure whilst listening.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                ETA: I see that you're positing the idea he meant "true international effort to pressure." Again, the beginning and end make sense but just how does anyone manage to get "international effort to" out of "alimunuma" unless they were told by the campaign that was what he meant to say?
                And even if that's the narrative they want to go with, the phrase still doesn't make much sense.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And even if that's the narrative they want to go with, the phrase still doesn't make much sense.
                  I wouldn't be surprised if there were outlines of the speech made available to the MSM and they're trying to shoehorn Biden's gibberish into it.

Comment

The interpreter was, as MM observed, behind the speech a good several seconds....apparently discussing China (judging from the sign for China). I'm happy I'm not the only one hearing the Charlie Brown Mumble effect of the broadcast - that was truly terrible sound.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Remember how the MSM literally spent days razzing Trump for his "covfefe" gaffe. They went at it like a half-starved dog with a bone.

Needless to say they'll do the same with Joe Biden's latest "Bidenism," right?

While in Pennsylvania at one of his rallies where fewer than 20 people show up we were treated to the following:

I’ll lead an effective strategy to mobilize trunalimunumaprzure."

saywot.gif

"Trunalimunumaprzure."

You can see for yourself how the American Sign Language translator responded when he heard “trunalimunumaprzure” come out of Biden’s mouth:

That was probably the best response you could give except for this:

Can anyone please translate from nonsensical gibberish into English please?

True to the national ... pressure?

True to a national ... depression?
                      Something like that.

Comment

In the short video clip, Biden is saying the following:

"Look. I’ll do what he’s unable to do. I'll lead an effective strategy to mobilize true international effort to pressure... "

Comment

In the short video clip, Biden is saying the following:

"Look. I’ll do what he’s unable to do. I'll lead an effective strategy to mobilize true international effort to pressure... "
                          Is that what it said on his teleprompter? I know he wasn't ad-libing, so it must be written down somewhere.

Comment

So according to CNN, "trunalimunumaprzure" means "true international pressure." Therefore "tru" means "true" and "przure" means "pressure" -- which makes sense. But how did they get "international" out of "alimunuma"? Something that sounds like a three year old trying to pronounce aluminum.
                            I recommend starting with the audio, rather than someone's interpretation of it. I definitely didn't hear "alimunuma".

My first impression was "true international pressure", slightly muffed. After seeing others claim it was "true international effort to pressure", I would be willing to accept that, but he was trying to say it awfully fast. Maybe the teleprompter was getting ahead of him.

Comment

I'm guessing the sentence didn't end with "pressure", but I haven't seen the rest of the speech.

Comment