Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Three dead as woman beheaded in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    To mock or not to mock, that is the question.
    In my opinion, given the challenge, we mock harder, louder and more frequently, until they give up the fight.
    Give me your best mock of islamists.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Give me your best mock of islamists.
      I don’t know what that would be. We know, however, that they are training us to be submissive, like you would train a dog. No one is entitled not to be offended, so we have to stand up in spite of the violence.

how to fight back?
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I don’t know what that would be. We know, however, that they are training us to be submissive, like you would train a dog. No one is entitled not to be offended, so we have to stand up in spite of the violence.

how to fight back?
        Sorry FF, I don't think you or most Brits today have the gonads to stand up against anything - never mind Islam.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

how to fight back?
          Listening and believing what Islamists say is a start. When large swaths of the islamic world shout "death to america", is it merely a wishful and comforting thought for them, or is it a psyche of violence?

France banned some muslim garb, it didn't stop it. Cartoons are legal in France, I believe, they won't stop it.

Would you not conclude mocking by cartoon will embolden decapitations? I think mocking is the fuel they want. It justifies cutting off your head. France will just be left to clean up the mess, because islamics won't stop.

Now, many leftie people do apologize for them: "these people are just from one sect of islam!"

I think the problem is the koran.

France can ban them from entry from the worst countries. It is a simple tactic. They can tell those countries that until they get their act together to eradicate their muslim KKK, they won't be allowed in. Thereby pushing the problem back to its source, the islamic countries that don't do much about them.

I don't see the koran changing, I don't see islamists changing. I think France needs to act outside the box.

I don't have answers, and mocking may feel good, it is not an effective tactic to stop violence. They need to do real things, with real consequences, ones that hit clear and hit hard. And ignore the pleading from islamic apologists and their supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate22 View Post
            Thank you for the welcome, Mossrose.

I agree about the wording. It’s ridiculous for the media to call incidents like this only “suspected terrorism”.
            Just like they call someone a 'suspected killer' until he's convicted, even if he was caught standing over the killer with the gun in his hand.

America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Neither Judaism nor Christianity can be described as religion of peace in history.
              Certainly true...but they have 'grown up'. Islam has yet to do so.

Comment

I don’t know what that would be. We know, however, that they are training us to be submissive, like you would train a dog.
                No, we don't know that, or anything like it. What we do know is that a very small portion of the world's Muslims engage in terrorism. And that's all we know.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Neither Judaism nor Christianity can be described as religion of peace in history.
                  There is a big difference between violence in the name of Christianity and Islam. If you had studied them you would know what it is without me telling you.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post

There is a big difference between violence in the name of Christianity and Islam. If you had studied them you would know what it is without me telling you.
                    No, there's not, nor can you point out any such difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post

Your an extremely biased source. NO violence in the name of religion is violence in the name of religion.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Is this fair criticism?
                        In Bangladesh’s capital Dhaka, police said 20,000 protesters took to the streets after Friday prayers, rallying under the banner of two Islamist groups. The demonstrators carried signs reading: “Stop Religious Defamation,” “Freedom of Speech is not Freedom to Abuse” and “Boycott French Products.” The protesters burned an effigy of Macron, but the demonstration ultimately ended peacefully.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

Every religion has their fair share of lunatics and scumbags. I don’t think it’s fair to mock a faith based on their actions.
                          So where in the Reuters story do you think they were mocking Islam?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                            Yes, I can. All you have to do is look at their founders and what they taught.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                              Woefully abysmal ignorance on parade. ^^

In order to use violence to spread Christianity you must ignore what Christ expressly and explicitly said.

In order to NOT use violence to spread Islam you must ignore what Muhammad expressly and explicitly said.

It really is that simple folks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Woefully abysmal ignorance on parade. ^^

In order to use violence to spread Christianity you must ignore what Christ expressly and explicitly said.

In order to NOT use violence to spread Islam you must ignore what Muhammad expressly and explicitly said.

It really is that simple folks.
                                True. Very well said.

Comment