Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Three dead as woman beheaded in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three dead as woman beheaded in France

NICE, France (Reuters) - A knife-wielding attacker shouting “Allahu Akbar” beheaded a woman and killed two other people in a suspected terrorist act at a church in the French city of Nice on Thursday, while a
    gunman was shot dead by police in a separate incident.

Within hours of the Nice attack, police killed a man who had threatened passersby with a handgun in Montfavet, near the southern French city of Avignon. He was also shouting “Allahu Akbar” (God is greatest), according to radio station Europe 1.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fran...-idUSKBN27E18D

Last edited by Kate22; 10-29-2020, 08:03 AM.

Originally posted by Kate22 View Post
    NICE, France (Reuters) - A knife-wielding attacker shouting “Allahu Akbar” beheaded a woman and killed two other people in a suspected terrorist act at a church in the French city of Nice on Thursday, while a

Within hours of the Nice attack, police killed a man who had threatened passersby with a handgun in Montfavet, near the southern French city of Avignon. He was also shouting “Allahu Akbar” (God is greatest), according to radio station Europe 1.

Brought to you by the religion of peace... And welcome Kate...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Yes, exactly what I was thinking. And thanks for welcoming me. Nice to meet you, Seer.

Comment

Yes, exactly what I was thinking. And thanks for welcoming me. Nice to meet you, Seer.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Indeed, welcome!

i question the media's careful usage of the wording "suspected terrorism". When the cry to Allah is being heard, what else can it be besides Islamic terrorism.

Of course, I expect nothing more from the msm.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Indeed, welcome!

i question the media's careful usage of the wording "suspected terrorism". When the cry to Allah is being heard, what else can it be besides Islamic terrorism.

Of course, I expect nothing more from the msm.
            Thank you for the welcome, Mossrose.

I agree about the wording. It’s ridiculous for the media to call incidents like this only “suspected terrorism”.

Comment

Every religion has their fair share of lunatics and scumbags. I don’t think it’s fair to mock a faith based on their actions.

Comment

Wow, second beheading by a muslim terrorist, in as many weeks, in France. But I'm sure our far left islamophile friends will tell us it's France's fault for being 'racist'.

Comment

also showing that a knife is a dangerous weapon

Welcome Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

Every religion has their fair share of lunatics and scumbags. I don’t think it’s fair to mock a faith based on their actions.
                    When that faith is responsible for the majority of terrorism in the world, then I think it is. Especially with sizeable support among Muslim communities in the West and elsewhere, for terrorism as 'justified'.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

When that faith is responsible for the majority of terrorism in the world, then I think it is. Especially with sizeable support among Muslim communities in the West and elsewhere, for terrorism as 'justified'.
                      That’s a rather shallow way of viewing things.
                      The majority of Islamic terrorism comes from the Wahhabists and the majority of their victims are other Muslims and Hindus.

This relatively small and violent Islamic extremist sect was supported and promoted by Saudi Arabia and the USA during the Cold War specifically due to their extremist views making them ideology resistant and therefore a barrier in Afghanistan to stop the expansion of communism. Instead it caused an expansion of Wahhabism with well trained extremists who continued to terrorize other Muslims.

Outside Saudi Arabia, virtually every Sunni and Shiite sects are bitterly opposed to Wahhabism and have been since it originated.

So not only did the west fund and train Islamic extremism and left them to terrorize their Islamic neighbours, they also destroyed the one regime that somewhat kept them at bay (Saddams Iraq) and has blocked their only other threat in the region in Iran. Now the west is receiving attacks and all Muslims are being blamed. Muslims in the west are being insulted, attacked and alienated being lumped in with these extremists thereby creating more extremists from disillusioned muslim youths who don’t feel accepted in western society.

Australia manages to stop many Islamic terrorist attacks every year and that’s largely thanks to our muslim community providing information. I’m sure it’s the same in the US.

So I don’t think it’s fair to mock Islam based on the actions of these lunatics and scumbags.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

That’s a rather shallow way of viewing things.
                        The majority of Islamic terrorism comes from the Wahhabists and the majority of their victims are other Muslims and Hindus.
                        And.....?

This relatively small and violent Islamic extremist sect was supported and promoted by Saudi Arabia and the USA during the Cold War specifically due to their extremist views making them ideology resistant and therefore a barrier in Afghanistan to stop the expansion of communism. Instead it caused an expansion of Wahhabism with well trained extremists who continued to terrorize other Muslims.

Outside Saudi Arabia, virtually every Sunni and Shiite sects are bitterly opposed to Wahhabism and have been since it originated.

So not only did the west fund and train Islamic extremism and left them to terrorize their Islamic neighbours, they also destroyed the one regime that somewhat kept them at bay (Saddams Iraq) and has blocked their only other threat in the region in Iran. Now the west is receiving attacks and all Muslims are being blamed. Muslims in the west are being insulted, attacked and alienated being lumped in with these extremists thereby creating more extremists from disillusioned muslim youths who don’t feel accepted in western society.

Australia manages to stop many Islamic terrorist attacks every year and that’s largely thanks to our muslim community providing information. I’m sure it’s the same in the US.

So I don’t think it’s fair to mock Islam based on the actions of these lunatics and scumbags.
                        I agree, Saudi Arabia is the enemy of the West, no matter how much the West wants to cozy up to them. That doesn't magically make islamic terrorism not islamic terrorism. They're simply following the violent dictates of their pedophile founder.

Comment

To mock or not to mock, that is the question.
                          In my opinion, given the challenge, we mock harder, louder and more frequently, until they give up the fight.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Neither Judaism nor Christianity can be described as religion of peace in history.
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome, Mossrose.

I agree about the wording. It’s ridiculous for the media to call incidents like this only “suspected terrorism”.
                              Not ridiculous really. Truth demands that you wait until all the facts are in, every time.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment