Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Three dead as woman beheaded in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

A little too complicated to understand, huh? I suggest a reading comprehension course at your local elementary school
    There’s nothing to understand.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Kate22 View Post
      NICE, France (Reuters) - A knife-wielding attacker shouting “Allahu Akbar” beheaded a woman and killed two other people in a suspected terrorist act at a church in the French city of Nice on Thursday, while a
      gunman was shot dead by police in a separate incident.

Within hours of the Nice attack, police killed a man who had threatened passersby with a handgun in Montfavet, near the southern French city of Avignon. He was also shouting “Allahu Akbar” (God is greatest), according to radio station Europe 1.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fran...-idUSKBN27E18D

Now a priest in Lyon has been shot inside (it sounds like but also hear reports he may have been outside locking up for the day) his church. Sounds like twice in the stomach with a shotgun. He's alive for the moment, in critical condition in the hospital.
      https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...01-p56af3.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Now a priest in Lyon has been shot inside (it sounds like but also hear reports he may have been outside locking up for the day) his church. Sounds like twice in the stomach with a shotgun. He's alive for the moment, in critical condition in the hospital.
        https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...01-p56af3.html
        This is so horrific and sickening. I hope and pray that he will survive. My goodness.

Comment

An interesting detail:
          The issue has led to tension with some Muslim-majority countries, with effigies of the French leader burnt in Bangladesh and a war of words with (Trump’s pal) Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who questioned Mr Macron's mental health.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Where I grew up, one is owed basic courtesy but you must earn respect. It is not given simply by demanding it.
            But the demand for respect is coming from Allah. That makes a difference, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

But the demand for respect is coming from Allah. That makes a difference, surely?
              **** Allah and his pedophile 'prophet', my dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post

I have never understood why when someone says something negative about Muhammad their reaction is to riot and sometimes kill someone.
                1271805322732.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

For the morons who see no difference can any of you point to anything even remotely similar in the Qur'an to the Parable of the Good Samaritan?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

OK, Muslims get upset about the cartoons of Muhammad, but why deliberately attack a church?

Comment

For the morons who see no difference can any of you point to anything even remotely similar in the Qur'an to the Parable of the Good Samaritan?
                      Always sad when someone has to resort to insult when they can't successfully make their argument.
                      America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                        Always sad when someone has to resort to insult when they can't successfully make their argument.
                        I'll take that as yet another failure on your part.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                          Excuse me, where did rogue fail exactly?
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I'll take that as yet another failure on your part.
                            You may take it as whatever you like; others can see what it actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Excuse me, where did rogue fail exactly?
                              Ask him - he's the one throwing out the insults. First sign of a failed argument.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Neither Judaism nor Christianity can be described as religion of peace in history.

If we're judging the religion by it's adherents, the Rohingya could attest to the violence of Buddhists. If we're judging the actual texts, neither Judaism nor Christianity have proscriptions for violence outside of the conquering of Canaan. There's a lot of usage of the death penalty but that's largely been done away with the Mishnah. The New Testament focuses more on the spiritual than temporal power and social ordering.
                                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment