Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Remember that anonymous "senior staffer" who dished the dirt on Trump in NYT? Well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A picture is worth a thousand narratives.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Tried to bribe and coerce ukraine in an attempt to get dirt on his rival
      blew off the emoluments clause
      Has explicitly used the office of president to shore up his businesses
      Condemned children of illegal immigrants to in some cases permanent isolation from their parents. In some cases they are now orphans
      Apparently pawned those same children off to other governments
      has completely botched the coronavirus response, to the tune of at least 100,000 unnecessary deaths and continues to encourage people to act out in ways that WILL result in their deaths.
      has undermined the public confidence in the election process
      Purposefully sabotaged the USPS as part of his efforts to interfere in the election.
      Quite. How this is hand-waved away as 'fake news' when it is all trivially correct that it has happened is mind-boggling. It is why his support is so elastic at around 40% - it'll move a couple percentage points at his latest awful action, but then spring back.

It is why I don't go in for all this false equivalence nonsense. Reality exists. If I say it's raining and my wife says it's not, it's not reasonable (or even sane) for you to declare that we are both entitled to our opinion on the matter; The reasonable thing for you to do is to take a look out the window and see who is right. And it's perfectly reasonable, when you see that it's in fact NOT raining, for you to be highly disinclined to accept my word for it in regards to future claims about the weather, and to rely on my wife instead.

Reality is real, and fear, obfuscation and denial are antithetical to freedom and honesty, and as such undermine democracy and society. We shouldn't give both sides an equal hearing just because they make equally opposing claims about the other's honesty. We should preferentially believe the side that lies the least about testable and observable facts. Those that say the list above hasn't happened are simply lying, and that they're able to spread these lies is why so many are so horrendously misinformed that they can call your list 'fake news'.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
        A picture is worth a thousand narratives.
        Or in this case, a thousand lies.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
          How this is hand-waved away as 'fake news' when it is all trivially correct...
          Because it's not trivially correct. The degree of spin that ox adds to his description of President Trump's policies is usually only seen in carnival rides and astronaut training.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Because it's not trivially correct. The degree of spin that ox adds to his description of President Trump's policies is usually only seen in carnival rides and astronaut training.
            The child separation policy, whether you think it was a good idea or not, has resulted in 545 children permanently separated from their parents. How can that possibly be hand waved away?

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

The child separation policy, whether you think it was a good idea or not, has resulted in 545 children permanently separated from their parents. How can that possibly be hand waved away?
              You mean permanently separated from the people who may or may not have been their parents who brought them into the country illegally. While I have sympathy for the children in this situation, breaking the law can lead to negative consequences. That's not the President's fault.

Comment

You mean permanently separated from the people who may or may not have been their parents who brought them into the country illegally. While I have sympathy for the children in this situation, breaking the law can lead to negative consequences. That's not the President's fault.
                In most certainly is his fault! He ordered and demanded it be done against the persistent advice of those around him. Before his orders, it simply was not dealt with this way. He fought tooth and nail to make it happen and would not relent until it was done.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post

Quite. How this is hand-waved away as 'fake news' when it is all trivially correct that it has happened is mind-boggling. It is why his support is so elastic at around 40% - it'll move a couple percentage points at his latest awful action, but then spring back.

It is why I don't go in for all this false equivalence nonsense. Reality exists. If I say it's raining and my wife says it's not, it's not reasonable (or even sane) for you to declare that we are both entitled to our opinion on the matter; The reasonable thing for you to do is to take a look out the window and see who is right. And it's perfectly reasonable, when you see that it's in fact NOT raining, for you to be highly disinclined to accept my word for it in regards to future claims about the weather, and to rely on my wife instead.

Reality is real, and fear, obfuscation and denial are antithetical to freedom and honesty, and as such undermine democracy and society. We shouldn't give both sides an equal hearing just because they make equally opposing claims about the other's honesty. We should preferentially believe the side that lies the least about testable and observable facts. Those that say the list above hasn't happened are simply lying, and that they're able to spread these lies is why so many are so horrendously misinformed that they can call your list 'fake news'.
                  Trumps latest lie is that the doctors and nurses without which he'd likely be dead right now are pocketing money by lying about cause of death.

And the ignorant fools lost in his delusions are buying it. The question is often ask in European history classes how Hitler was able to lead the German people, a religious and generally moral people, down the path to the Holocaust.

We are watching how right now, today.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

In most certainly is his fault! He ordered and demanded it be done against the persistent advice of those around him. Before his orders, it simply was not dealt with this way. He fought tooth and nail to make it happen and would not relent until it was done.
                    The border agents were simply enforcing the law, and we know that in many instances, the adults accompanying the children were not their parents.

Comment

Trumps latest lie is that the doctors and nurses without which he'd likely be dead right now are pocketing money by lying about cause of death.

And the ignorant fools lost in his delusions are buying it. The question is often ask in European history classes how Hitler was able to lead the German people, a religious and generally moral people, down the path to the Holocaust.

We are watching how right now, today.
                      One huge difference: Biden and the Leftists running him want to control the American population. They know what's best for those little people and want to dictate to them how to live. They're even suggesting a "truth and reconciliation" (ala 1984) to bring those misguided people back to statism.

Trump, with his libertarians leanings, is allowing people to control themselves.

Hitler fits nicely in the first category. He wouldn't have had a chance in the second.

Comment

And this is why, though I oppose abortion, I won't call myself "pro-life." You should pray on Matthew 25:40 and feel ashamed.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

And this is why, though I oppose abortion, I won't call myself "pro-life." You should pray on Matthew 25:40 and feel ashamed.

Comment

Not sure what I said that confuses you.

Comment