Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Remember that anonymous "senior staffer" who dished the dirt on Trump in NYT? Well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

There are pictures of him next to Trump in the oval office. So certainly not zero access.

aylor.jpg

aylor2.jpg
    Managing to appear in a photo op =/= actual access.

Effectively zero =/= zero.

Words mean things.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Managing to appear in a photo op =/= actual access.

Effectively zero =/= zero.

Words mean things.
      Fine, if you really want to win this one then Don Jr. was right. Sheesh.

Comment

Fine, if you really want to win this one then Don Jr. was right. Sheesh.
        My brother's friend has a picture of a photo op of them standing next to President Obama. They were a lowly clerk somewhere in the Administration. Only time they ever spoke to him. By the logic you put forth that means they had 'access' and were a 'senior staffer'.

Comment

My brother's friend has a picture of a photo op of them standing next to President Obama. They were a lowly clerk somewhere in the Administration. Only time they ever spoke to him. By the logic you put forth that means they had 'access' and were a 'senior staffer'.
          Like I said, I'm only taking issue with your claim that he was "very low level" which I don't think applies.

Comment

Like I said, I'm only taking issue with your claim that he was "very low level" which I don't think applies.
            It does. Like I said, by your logic, my brother's friend was a senior staffer even though she wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Bananas and coconuts. You are so over the top in your rhetoric I just can't take you serious.

If Trump was so corrupt, you would have caught him.

Instead, Obama, Biden, Shiff, Pelosi and the rest were caught in "total depravity" trying to take him down with lies, schemes and just utter inanity.

I do find it somewhat interesting you try to vouch for a man you do not know, projecting that you know his motivations of being fully on board with the "Trump Agenda"

So far I see the Trump agenda as lower taxes, lower unemployment, a booming economy, filling judicial vacancies, disdaining wars, and making the US energy independent. In other words, making America great again.

I see Joey's Agenda as lockdowns, higher taxes, stiffling regulations to business, and making America walk again by removing oil, increasing the supreme court beyond 9, and paying for rioters to get out of jail. To name a few
              We have seen quite the parade of people M that are telling is the same thing. People of integrity. People of reputation. People who served Trump's administration and goals. People with strong conservative histories in politics and in the media.

Taking a direction that brings some semblance of prosperity does not negate the rest M. In fact, there is a lot to say about those that place wealth above integrity and character. And do you forget that the restoration of a robust economy was what brought Hitler early popularity in Germany in the early to mid 30's? The lesson there is that a good economy can not and must not be used to excuse massive and obvious character flaws. His lack of character, absolute disregard for the basic principles of moral government which exist to guarantee our freedoms must not be ignored or sacrificed for mammon.
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-29-2020, 02:17 PM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

We have seen quite the parade of people M that are telling is the same thing. People of integrity. People of reputation. People who served Trump's administration and goals. People with strong conservative histories in politics and in the media.

To ignore that is foolishness.
                I get that people don't like him. Many don't like Joe, and his corruption, don't consider he has any integrity.

Like I said, I care what his policies are. I don't care if he is abrasive or fires people or makes tender people upset.

And that is the reason why Trump was voted in, many are sick and tired of liberal policies, and your insufferable liberal media. And you push Joe on us, and think he has more integrity than Trump. Sorry, I don't see it.
                ​​​​​​

Comment

It does. Like I said, by your logic, my brother's friend was a senior staffer even though she wasn't.
                  All men are mortals but not all mortals are men. Bad logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

I get that people don't like him. Many don't like Joe, and his corruption, don't consider he has any integrity.

Like I said, I care what his policies are. I don't care if he is abrasive or fires people or makes tender people upset.

And that is the reason why Trump was voted in, many are sick and tired of liberal policies, and your insufferable liberal media. And you push Joe on us, and think he has more integrity than Trump. Sorry, I don't see it.
                    ​​​​​​
                    You don't see it because you don't want to. The evidence for it is obvious and all around you. When John Kelly called Trump 'The most flawed person he has ever met', you should wake up and take notice. When George Will abandons support for the current Republican party and publicly endorses Joe Biden, you should sit up and take notice. When a large group of well known and powerful Republican Party members abandon their party and create an organization aimed at undermining the election of their Republican president, you should sit up and take notice.

Too many conservatives of impeccable integrity and intelligence have seen such a danger to the country in Donald Trump that they are willing to temporarily back the candidate of a party whose policies they disagree with (present tense) significantly. This tired and inane canard that 'they just don't like him' has no substance AT ALL. These men and women are not the sort to take the action they have taken because of some petty personality conflict. They would not be were they are if they 'just didn't like him'. They are there because this man's corruption, narcissism, his total lack of conscience and concern for this nation and its people presents a clear and present danger to our nation. A danger far more severe than any thing Joe Biden or Kamala Harris could possibly bring to the table over the next 4 years.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-29-2020, 03:20 PM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

All men are mortals but not all mortals are men. Bad logic.
                      Agreed, you employed bad logic to make your assertion.

Comment

You don't see it because you don't want to. The evidence for it is obvious and all around you. When John Kelly called Trump 'The most flawed person he has ever met', you should wake up and take notice. When George Will abandons support for the current Republican party and publicly endorses Joe Biden, you should sit up and take notice. When a large group of well known and powerful Republican Party members abandon their party and create an organization aimed at undermining the election of their Republican president, you should sit up and take notice.

Too many conservatives of impeccable integrity and intelligence have seen such a danger to the country in Donald Trump that they are willing to temporarily back the candidate of a party whose policies they disagree with (present tense) significantly. This tired and inane canard that 'they just don't like him' has no substance AT ALL. These men and women are not the sort to take the action they have taken because of some petty personality conflict. They would not be were they are if they 'just didn't like him'. They are there because this man's corruption, narcissism, his total lack of conscience and concern for this nation and its people presents a clear and present danger to our nation. A danger far more severe than any thing Joe Biden or Kamala Harris could possibly bring to the table over the next 4 years.
                        Sorry but the "clear and present danger" thingy is about five years old now. It only makes you look abnormally frightened using it. We lived quite easily with this alleged danger.

You've not proven any corruption.
                        Nearly all politicians are narcissists, that I can tell. I mean, they are politicians.
                        Hillary and Joey have less of a conscience then Trump, they are proven corruption.

Comment

There are pictures of him next to Trump in the oval office. So certainly not zero access.
                          That's pretty funny. All of these people should also write op-eds about the inner workings of the Trump Administration too, since they also got photo opportunities with him. There's gobs more to be found on Google.

kanye.jpg

And if you asked Trump about most of these people, he'd likely say "I don't know who that is. We never met."

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

That's pretty funny. All of these people should also write op-eds about the inner workings of the Trump Administration too, since they also got photo opportunities with him. There's gobs more to be found on Google.

kanye.jpg

And if you asked Trump about most of these people, he'd likely say "I don't know who that is. We never met."
                            That there are people that did not have any real access to Trump in photo ops with him does not prove that other people in photo ops with trump did not have access to him.

That a person is not extremely close to Trump does not mean he did not have sufficient direct access to him to observe his behavior and make valid conclusions about him.

Keeping Miles' identity anonymous was important at the time. Implying he was higher up in the food chain than he was could have been part of that plan. Again, that doesn't make his observations false.

In fact, we have seen other farther up the food chain (e.g. John Kelly) say basically the same sorts of things about the president.

The real issue is not the precise position of Miles in the office food chain. The issue is how accurate are his observations wrt Trump (and those around him doing their best to reign in Trump's most destructive impulses). And we have ample evidence his observations are spot on, and he was one of the first to speak out on it from inside the white house. Good on him. And the rest of you continuing to ignore these warnings about who Trump is from multiple sources and through multiple paths of relationship and experience are simply living in a fantasy world.
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-30-2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

That there are people that did not have any real access to Trump in photo ops with him does not prove that other people in photo ops with trump did not have access to him.
                              No, but it means that simply having your picture taken with Trump does not mean you had access too him, which was the point being made.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

That's pretty funny. All of these people should also write op-eds about the inner workings of the Trump Administration too, since they also got photo opportunities with him.
                                Don't forget about the little league champs who were invited to the White House and then offered a flight home with the President on Air Force One. Surely they can all claim the position of top advisers to the president.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment