Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Remember that anonymous "senior staffer" who dished the dirt on Trump in NYT? Well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember that anonymous "senior staffer" who dished the dirt on Trump in NYT? Well...

Miles Taylor, chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security under Kirstjen Nielsen, revealed Wednesday that he was the anonymous “senior” white house official who authored a critical op-ed of President Donald Trump.

The 2018 op-ed published by the New York Times described President Trump as “impetuous, adversarial, petty and ineffective” and said that he was just one of many officials in the administration working against the president.

Taylor revealed his identity to prominent media outlets on Wednesday afternoon, despite denying he was responsible for the op-ed in previous interviews.

[...]

Taylor had very little access to the president, but the Times described him as a “senior” official at the time of the op-ed’s publishing.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...istance-op-ed/

Tell me again why we're supposed to consider The New York Times credible.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Miles Taylor, chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security under Kirstjen Nielsen, revealed Wednesday that he was the anonymous “senior” white house official who authored a critical op-ed of President Donald Trump.

The 2018 op-ed published by the New York Times described President Trump as “impetuous, adversarial, petty and ineffective” and said that he was just one of many officials in the administration working against the president.

Taylor revealed his identity to prominent media outlets on Wednesday afternoon, despite denying he was responsible for the op-ed in previous interviews.

[...]

Taylor had very little access to the president, but the Times described him as a “senior” official at the time of the op-ed’s publishing.

Who does that?

Who spies on their own government?

He lies, and then thinks people should believe him?

Just another lying liberal.

Comment

[...]

Just tossing this into the mix.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Who does that?

That is absurd. He was there doing his job, which was to be part of an administration implementing certain conservative policies, and he saw what was happening. That is not spying, that is simply being blown away by the erratic and narcissitic behavior or the person whose policies you are trying to implement, whose platform you apparently whole heartedly agreed with at first.

Once he understand the danger Trump presented to the country, he had two choices that preserved (most) of his character. He could try to be a mitigating factor that limits the harm that can be done - in the service of his country - or he could 'blow the whistle' and be out and replaced with someone more willing to be a yes man, more willing to do whatever it takes to be there, at the expense of the country.

He chose to try to do both - but that required he lie. Are you saying you would never lie to protect the integrity of the nation? Are you one of those that thinks Rahab sinned when she hid the Israelite spies? that thinks Germans who hid the Jews sinned when they lied to the SS when the came to see if they were hiding a jewish family?

And he is not liberal, a point constantly lost on people like you. He is a conservative with actual principles and moral standards, something most of you appear to no longer be able to tolerate.

Look at what you have become. The philosophy you here express is amoral mob mentality, where the mob and its goals are more important than principle or any other element of character.

As hard as it may be for you to comprehend, people of character can't just stand by and watch evil win. They have to try to do something about it. And that is what he did.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-28-2020, 07:07 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Who does that?

I think accusing him of spying on his own government goes a bit far, but he, the New York Times, or both certainly lied about his credentials and access to "insider knowledge". In reality, he probably didn't know any more than the reporters he was spilling his "secrets" to.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

That is absurd. He was there doing his job, which was to be part of an administration implementing certain conservative policies, and he saw what was happening. That is not spying, that is simply being blown away by the erratic and narcissitic behavior or the person whose policies you are trying to implement, whose platform you apparently whole heartedly agreed with at first.

Once he understand the danger Trump presented to the country, he had two choices that preserved (most) of his character. He could try to be a mitigating factor that limits the harm that can be done - in the service of his country - or he could 'blow the whistle' and be out and replaced with someone more willing to be a yes man, more willing to do whatever it takes to be there, at the expense of the country.

He chose to try to do both - but that required he lie. Are you saying you would never lie to protect the integrity of the nation? Are you one of those that thinks Rahab sinned when she hid the Israelite spies? that thinks Germans who hid the Jews sinned when they lied to the SS when the came to see if they were hiding a jewish family?

And he is not liberal, a point constantly lost on people like you. He is a conservative with actual principles and moral standards, something most of you appear to no longer be able to tolerate.

Look at what you have become. The philosophy you here express is amoral mob mentality, where the mob and its goals are more important than principle or any other element of character.

As hard as it may be for you to comprehend, people of character can't just stand by and watch evil win. They have to try to do something about it. And that is what he did.
            Bill and Hillary had no problem operating around you.

You'll have to forgive me for laughing at your self righteousness.

Actual people of character resign.

Comment

Sounds like some people have some apologizing to do to Donald Trump Jr., who called this two years ago: https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1039612625351598081

Comment

Bill and Hillary had no problem operating around you.

You'll have to forgive me for laughing at your self righteousness.

Actual people of character resign.
                What make you think I supported Bill and Hillary? Again, you seem unable to comprehend a conservative with character.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

What make you think I supported Bill and Hillary? Again, you seem unable to comprehend a conservative with character.
                  So you are the true conservative is it? Are you a liberal who has that sixth sense of spotting conservatives? I kinda like old liberals, ones which fought for free speech.

I don't need to think you supported the Clinton's, there were no people of character around to stop their evil, apparently. Are there any liberals with character?

Like I said, I would resign before I worked for Obama and his agenda. Not become subdermal rat man. It's actually a sign of bad character.

No, a conservative with real character would follow his character right out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                    Sounds like some people have some apologizing to do to Donald Trump Jr., who called this two years ago: https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1039612625351598081
                    I wouldn't say Miles Taylor was "very low level." If he doesn't quality as a "senior staffer" then he's one notch below that.

Comment

I think accusing him of spying on his own government goes a bit far, but he, the New York Times, or both certainly lied about his credentials and access to "insider knowledge". In reality, he probably didn't know any more than the reporters he was spilling his "secrets" to.
                      I suspect that he is a lot like Eric Ciaramella, the pseudo-whistleblower who got Schiff to wet himself, in that all he had was second and third hand gossip filtered through his own partisan prejudices.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So you are the true conservative is it? Are you a liberal who has that sixth sense of spotting conservatives? I kinda like old liberals, ones which fought for free speech.

I don't need to think you supported the Clinton's, there were no people of character around to stop their evil, apparently. Are there any liberals with character?

Like I said, I would resign before I worked for Obama and his agenda. Not become subdermal rat man. It's actually a sign of bad character.

No, a conservative with real character would follow his character right out the door.
                        Apples and Oranges Maranatha. You would never work for Obama in the first place. This was a man who was fully on board with the Trump agenda and who in working with the man realized his total depravity and disregard for the well being of the nation. And so he had to act. As for other presidency's not seeing similar moves by it's staff, appointees: That is because however corrupt these other administrations were, they do not hold a candle to what has been the Trump administration.

The real issue here is that even with a constant parade of people of character who worked for Trump telling us over and over again the same sad story about the man, you just don't believe them. You instead follow Trump's amoral strategy of simply painting anyone exposing him as 'worthless' ad 'traitor' or any number of other accusations inconsistent with their histories and past performance.

The issue here Maranatha is that Trump is so corrupt, so self-focussed, so depraved in terms of the sort of character he represents that otherwise loyal conservative people of the highest character and reputation simply could not stand by and let it pass.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

I wouldn't say Miles Taylor was "very low level." If he doesn't quality as a "senior staffer" then he's one notch below that.
                          He's not even remotely a senior white house official like they claimed, sorry bud. He had effectively zero access to the inner white house, and his claims are based on hearsay.

Comment

Apples and Oranges Maranatha. You would never work for Obama in the first place. This was a man who was fully on board with the Trump agenda and who in working with the man realized his total depravity and disregard for the well being of the nation. And so he had to act. As for other presidency's not seeing similar moves by it's staff, appointees: That is because however corrupt these other administrations were, they do not hold a candle to what has been the Trump administration.

The real issue here is that even with a constant parade of people of character who worked for Trump telling us over and over again the same sad story about the man, you just don't believe them. You instead follow Trump's amoral strategy of simply painting anyone exposing him as 'worthless' ad 'traitor' or any number of other accusations inconsistent with their histories and past performance.

The issue here Maranatha is that Trump is so corrupt, so self-focussed, so depraved in terms of the sort of character he represents that otherwise loyal conservative people of the highest character and reputation simply could not stand by and let it pass.
                            Bananas and coconuts. You are so over the top in your rhetoric I just can't take you serious.

If Trump was so corrupt, you would have caught him.

Instead, Obama, Biden, Shiff, Pelosi and the rest were caught in "total depravity" trying to take him down with lies, schemes and just utter inanity.

I do find it somewhat interesting you try to vouch for a man you do not know, projecting that you know his motivations of being fully on board with the "Trump Agenda"

So far I see the Trump agenda as lower taxes, lower unemployment, a booming economy, filling judicial vacancies, disdaining wars, and making the US energy independent. In other words, making America great again.

I see Joey's Agenda as lockdowns, higher taxes, stiffling regulations to business, and making America walk again by removing oil, increasing the supreme court beyond 9, and paying for rioters to get out of jail. To name a few

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

He's not even remotely a senior white house official like they claimed, sorry bud. He had effectively zero access to the inner white house, and his claims are based on hearsay.
                              There are pictures of him next to Trump in the oval office. So certainly not zero access.

aylor.jpg

aylor2.jpg

Comment