Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden now +17 in Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Not +17, and +2 is still within the margin of error.
    Also not statistically tied as in your outdated poll.

ETA: Won't delete my wrong comment but you probably meant that they were tied within the MoE. Fair enough.
    Last edited by LiconaFan97; 10-28-2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

If Trump wins, or even if it's close, there is going to be a pollster reckoning like we've never seen before. They're going to lose all credibility henceforth.
      Heard that after 2016 and nothing changed. If Trump wins, expecting the same.

"Man will stumble over the truth. But he will usually pick himself up and keep going anyways." - Churchill I believe.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Heard that after 2016 and nothing changed. If Trump wins, expecting the same.

"Man will stumble over the truth. But he will usually pick himself up and keep going anyways." - Churchill I believe.
        They had all the explanations for 2016 and assured us that they had everything about the polls fixed. Plus, the polls in 2016 actually weren't that far off in the later stages of the election, at least nothing like we're seeing now if Trump wins. I think it's going to be a fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... type of thing.

Comment

Hope for the best but expect the worst.

The most accurate polls are exit polls, and by then we might as well wait for the final tally.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            Hope for the best but expect the worst.

The most accurate polls are exit polls, and by then we might as well wait for the final tally.
            Even exit polls are not that accurate. Remember how giddy liberals were in 2016 when early exit polls showed Hillary with a commanding lead only to watch it all collapse on election night after the final tallies started coming in. As I've been saying for a while, the only poll that matters is the one that happens on election day. Unfortunately, Democrats have deliberately engineered a recipe for chaos, so it could be a wild ride.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Even exit polls are not that accurate. Remember how giddy liberals were in 2016 when early exit polls showed Hillary with a commanding lead only to watch it all collapse on election night after the final tallies started coming in. As I've been saying for a while, the only poll that matters is the one that happens on election day. Unfortunately, Democrats have deliberately engineered a recipe for chaos, so it could be a wild ride.
              I was about to say, not even the final tally is a sure thing in this situation.

Comment

Theoretically, exit polls are the best, though. They eliminate "likely" voters and only question actual voters. They also don't involve people changing their minds after they were polled (like by phone) but get the actual vote after it was submitted.

The problem is getting good cross-sections of polling areas, where a tendency might be to go to the busiest ones in high-population Democrat areas.

Comment

Joe Biden (D) and President Trump are statistically tied in battleground Wisconsin as the election enters its final stretch, a Trafalgar Group survey released Wednesday found.

With less than a week to go, Trump and Biden are virtually tied in the Badger State, separated by less than half a percentage point. The survey, fielded October 24-25 among 1,082 respondents, showed the former vice president leading Trump by a razor-thin margin — 47.5 percent to 47.1 percent. Just over three percent back libertarian candidate Jo Jorgensen, 1.2 percent chose another candidate, and 1.1 percent remain undecided. The margin of error is +/-2.89 percent...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ld-trump-47-1/

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                    Reepicheep: Who do you plan to vote for Biden or Trump?
                    It's a strange thing. Canadians, europeans and those from down unda are all over US polling. Like this poster, a Canadian.

I've wondered why these people care so much about US polling, and politics in general. Such a mystery.
                    ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

It's a strange thing. Canadians, europeans and those from down unda are all over US polling. Like this poster, a Canadian.

I've wondered why these people care so much about US polling, and politics in general. Such a mystery.
                      ​​​​​
                      It's a mystery to me too. They keep harping on foreign meddling of the US election, but they always refer to Russia. Yet, going by their own definition of what they view "meddling" to mean, the only meddling I've seen is from other countries except Russia (assuming these folks are being genuine about where they're from).

Comment

It's a mystery to me too. They keep harping on foreign meddling of the US election, but they always refer to Russia. Yet, going by their own definition of what they view "meddling" to mean, the only meddling I've seen is from other countries except Russia (assuming these folks are being genuine about where they're from).
                        Seriously. Every single one of them chimes in that Trump is bad and Biden is wonderful, trying to sway American voters. Definitely meddling.

Well, except the Dane (I forget his name).

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Seriously. Every single one of them chimes in that Trump is bad and Biden is wonderful, trying to sway American voters. Definitely meddling.

Well, except the Dane (I forget his name).
                          A lot of them even come on here using multiple sockpuppets. It's truly bizarre, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

​​​​​
                            I've known Reepicheep for many years -- 15 maybe. He is here and on one other site badmouthing President Trump. Why?

The only reason I can think of is he thinks Biden would make a better President and can sway some votes his way, but that does not make sense because I know Reepicheep is intelligent and he would know that Joe Biden would not make a good President of the US.

Is it some kind of a game he is playing? If so, why?

Notice he claims to be a Christian, but does not reply to any questions from Christians.

He only badmouths President Trump.

It is up to Reepicheep to come clean.

Comment

I'm pretty sure one of two things are in play.

They are getting paid money or they are expats.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post

I've known Reepicheep for many years -- 15 maybe. He is here and on one other site badmouthing President Trump. Why?

The only reason I can think of is he thinks Biden would make a better President and can sway some votes his way, but that does not make sense because I know Reepicheep is intelligent and he would know that Joe Biden would not make a good President of the US.

Is it some kind of a game he is playing? If so, why?

Notice he claims to be a Christian, but does not reply to any questions from Christians.

He only badmouths President Trump.

It is up to Reepicheep to come clean.
                                Here he seems more like a Pollian around here.

Maybe he-she-xe-ze will come clean?

I mean the whole Caring Global Citizen schtick only makes one look like a fool.

Comment