Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court Slaps Back Dems Voter Nonsense...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post

I think I'll try that - don't tell anyone...
    wow - see you in jail.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      And now a judge in South Carolina has ruled that signatures on ballots do not need to match signatures on file with the election department, saying that expecting them to match is an undue burden on voters.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...entee-ballots/

This election is going to be an absolute mess, which is exactly what Democrats want.
      no - this time around it's what the Republicans want. Voter supporession is the goal. They know they can't win any other way. And the Democrats (this time around) are the ones trying to keep them from being successful. But It's not fundamentally a 'democrat'/'republican' issue. It's a 'whoever stands a good chance to lose this time' problem. Lately it's been republicans, but in the 60's during the civil rights fights, it was democrats in southern states trying to suppress the black vote.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

no - this time around it's what the Republicans want. Voter supporession is the goal. They know they can't win any other way. And the Democrats (this time around) are the ones trying to keep them from being successful. But It's not fundamentally a 'democrat'/'republican' issue. It's a 'whoever stands a good chance to lose this time' problem. Lately it's been republicans, but in the 60's during the civil rights fights, it was democrats in southern states trying to suppress the black vote.
        how is matching signatures "voter suppression?" -- that just seems like the right thing to do. When I vote in person I have to sign a log book and they compare my signature against my driver's license and my face to my photo.

Comment

That's great, ox. But what does any of this have to do with a judge inexplicably deciding that the signature on a ballot doesn't need to match the signature on record?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That's great, ox. But what does any of this have to do with a judge inexplicably deciding that the signature on a ballot doesn't need to match the signature on record?
            Ox really has lost all sense of ability to actually discuss things logically without off-topic diatribes and rants. He's become quite obnoxious, and I typically just pass over his posts.

Comment

wow - see you in jail.
              Me and all the Democrats...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                IIRC, in my state, if you request a mail-in ballot and then show up at the polling place to vote you will be given a provisional ballot. That means you can vote but it won't be counted unless a races is really close and then they look at the provisional votes to see which are legitimate.
                that is how it used to be unless you had your absentee ballot to relinquish if you wanted to vote in person then you just hand the pollworker the ballot in the envelope which then gets voided and torn half way down and you vote as normal. this year you do not have to have your mail in ballet you can just vote and they ignore the mail in ballot if it was sent now that woulnd't be to bad but since California does not require voter ID well you know what can happen.

Comment

Nothimg, excepting that right now republicans are looking for any bit of leverage to allow them to dismiss or disqualify votes. Signatures change over time and a bit depending on writing implement. Requiring they 'match' requires someone qualified to determine what a 'match' is. It would be too easily used as an excuse to eliminate valid votes and to then be fair each ballot dismissed would have to be given the right of appeal, the right to confirm that was in fact their vote.

Normally I am for the idea people need to prove who they say they are when they vote. But too many are acting in bad faith to manipulate the system to use that legitimate need as an excuse to disenfranchise the poor or uneducated, usually coupled with racial or ethnically biased selective enforcement.

Consider the president and his henchmen trying to slow mail delivery on the gamble that it will affect more anti trump voters (people that generally take the virus seriously) than trump voters ( people trained by trump and trump state media to dismiss the dangers of the virus).
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-28-2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Nothimg...
                    Right, nothing. So why did you go on an extended diatribe that had nothing to do with what I was referencing?

Comment

Right, nothing. So why did you go on an extended diatribe that had nothing to do with what I was referencing?
                      When you can only create a response by altering the text written by the person you are responding to, you've already lost the debate.

Comment

When you can only create a response by distorting the text of the person you are responding to, you've already lost the debate.
                        I agree, do why did you do it? Your responses to me have been entirely unrelated to what I was posting about.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Supreme Court rules that ballots in Wisconsin must be received by Election Day
                          I don't understand why the Supreme Court is issuing different rulings for different states. For example, the court ruled yesterday that Pennsylvania mail in ballots will be accepted for up to three days after the election, so long as the ballots are postmarked by election day. The ruling for North Carolina is similar, except it extends the deadline to nine days.

It is clearly irrational for Republicans to claim that a victor has to be declared on election night, when the ballots won't have been gathered until at least nine days after the election.
                          "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                          "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

The rule should be that ballots must all have valid signatures, be clearly postmarked, and received by election in order to eligible to be counted. I fear what we're going to see with these long post election counting sessions is that after the Democrats see how many votes they need to win, that a sufficient quantity of ballots will be suddenly "discovered" in broom closets and car trunks.

Comment

...Democrats...
                              Why do you assume that election fraud will only be done by Democrats? The evidence is the exact opposite. In fact, Trump has openly and repeatedly told his followers to commit election fraud, by encouraging them to vote at least twice in this election (once by mail and once in person).
                              "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                              "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

I agree, do why did you do it? Your responses to me have been entirely unrelated to what I was posting about.
                                Thank you for making my point. You simply are lying about my replies to you. I have quoted the entirety of each post I have replied to, and my points have been made in response to the content and context of those posts. You on the other hand REMOVE the content of my posts and reply to what is left out of context and twist the text that remains so as to make it mean something other than what it meant in the context of the post.

But enough! You can have one last lie about me on this topic, but I'm moving on.

Comment