Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Supreme Court Slaps Back Dems Voter Nonsense...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Court Slaps Back Dems Voter Nonsense...

At least they can't cheat on these grounds....

Supreme Court rules that ballots in Wisconsin must be received by Election Day

The Supreme Court on Monday ruled against a request by Wisconsin Democrats to allow an extension for mail-in ballots that are received after Election Day.

In a 5-3 ruling, the justices refused to reinstate a lower court order that called for mailed ballots to be counted if they are received up to six days after the Nov. 3 election. A federal appeals court had already put that order on hold.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...-day-wisconsin
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Um...

Now all they have to do is hold back mail-in ballots from red areas until the next day.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Um...

Now all they have to do is hold back mail-in ballots from red areas until the next day.
      I hope not, anyway in my town you couldn't do that both parties have to be present to receive and count main-ins...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I hope not, anyway in my town you couldn't do that both parties have to be present to receive and count main-ins...
        Um... Part Deux

Source: Detroit Election Workers Trained To Kick Out Poll Watchers, Count Challenged Ballots, Throw Out Provisional Ballots

Hidden audio has emerged from an anonymous source who took the election work training classes in Detroit, Michigan. And you won’t believe what the trainers are instructing the poll workers to do.

The audio, posted in a video on YouTube, reveals that election workers are trained to try to kick out poll watchers and anyone who challenges any ballot. "They have to wear a mask, and they have to stay six feet. That’s important because if you don’t have six feet, they can’t come back there," advises the instructor, who then goes on to say that a person standing six feet away from the ballots cannot accurately see what is going on and can’t verify any signatures, "Unless they got really good vision or they brought their binoculars."

Trainees are told that the number one thing people will scrutinize are the absentee ballots. The solution to someone challenging an absentee ballot?

Just call 911 on anyone who’s pestering the poll workers. “If they make a scene, get ’em up out of there. Call the police on ’em.”

The training session then goes on to explain what a worker should do with a challenged ballot. The instructor advises to put the ballot in the tabulator, which is the machine that actually counts the votes, and run it as if it were not challenged, and the vote will be counted by default. The video explains that this renders the challenged ballot unchallengable because once it goes into the machine it becomes anonymous and cannot be traced or tracked.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I wonder how many people are going to send in mail in ballots and then show up at the polls and vote again? What's to stop them?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I wonder how many people are going to send in mail in ballots and then show up at the polls and vote again? What's to stop them?
            I think I'll try that - don't tell anyone...

Comment

Um... Part Deux

This is not going to be pretty no matter who wins!

Comment

IIRC, in my state, if you request a mail-in ballot and then show up at the polling place to vote you will be given a provisional ballot. That means you can vote but it won't be counted unless a races is really close and then they look at the provisional votes to see which are legitimate.

Comment

IIRC, in my state, if you request a mail-in ballot and then show up at the polling place to vote you will be given a provisional ballot. That means you can vote but it won't be counted unless a races is really close and then they look at the provisional votes to see which are legitimate.
                  So do they have it marked down that you had a mail-in ballot sent to you there in the books?

Comment

The USA is the most voter unfriendly country in the western world - a true banana republic.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

So do they have it marked down that you had a mail-in ballot sent to you there in the books?
                      Apparently there is an indication of some sort. I'm not sure of the mechanics.

Comment

Apparently there is an indication of some sort. I'm not sure of the mechanics.
                        What do mechanics have to do with it? Do they work on the voting machines?

Comment

here in California it would negate the mail in ballot to do so which causes some concern because you do not have to turn in your mail in ballot nor show any ID to vote in person so what is to stop someone from coming in and saying they are someone else how voted by mail and stealing their vote. I"d be less concerned if they would have a Voter ID law in place.
                          Last edited by RumTumTugger; 10-27-2020, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Too bad they couldn't solve the signature issue in Philly.

Comment

And now a judge in South Carolina has ruled that signatures on ballots do not need to match signatures on file with the election department, saying that expecting them to match is an undue burden on voters.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...entee-ballots/

This election is going to be an absolute mess, which is exactly what Democrats want.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment