Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another oft told favorite lie from Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another oft told favorite lie from Biden

I recently started a thread called Joe Biden's favorite lie dealing with his love for repeating a story about himself that has been repeatedly debunked as 100% false, which he was forced to admit was untrue and yet he still regularly recounts it including in the first presidential debate. It deals with his education, primarily his bogus claim that he was the first one in his family to attend college[1] with several false claims about his performance.

This thread is a continuation of that theme, but this time I'll look at claims made by Biden about his civil rights record.

In reality, it is a shambles. Praising racist segregationists as being gentlemanly and a pleasure to work with (his current VP running mate lambasted him for it), working with the worst of them to write a bill opposed to school desegregation because as Biden put it, he doesn't want his children attending "a jungle, a racial jungle" where black children would also be attending, and his very recent claim that blacks are monolithic and can't think independently (a remark which he defended!) along with his anointing himself as arbitrator of who is and who isn't legitimately black.

No wonder he has to fabricate a fake record.

So let's get to it.

Back in September of this year, while speaking to a mostly black audience at a church in Kenosha Wisconsin, Biden declared that he was "involved with the African American community and the civil rights movement since I’ve been a junior in high school, desegregating movie theaters and the like."

And yet this is not what Biden told voters during his first presidential run waaay back in 1987 when he admitted (after getting caught embellishing his record claiming that "I was one of those guys that sat in and marched and all that stuff") that

During the 1960s ... I was not an activist. I worked at an all-black swimming pool in the east side of Wilmington, Delaware. I was not out marching. I was not down in Selma, I was not anywhere else."

IOW, Biden was not significantly involved in the civil rights movement at the time -- if at all. Instead he was sitting beside a pool letting kids rub the hair on his legs and supposedly getting into an unwitnessed confrontation with "Corn Pop."[2]

As the New York Times noted last year

Source: Biden’s First Run for President Was a Calamity. Some Missteps Still Resonate

Joe Biden was riffing again — an R.F.K. anecdote, a word about "civil wrongs," a meandering joke about the baseball commissioner — and aides knew enough to worry a little.

"When I marched in the civil rights movement, I did not march with a 12-point program," Mr. Biden thundered, testing his presidential message in February 1987 before a New Hampshire audience. "I marched with tens of thousands of others to change attitudes. And we changed attitudes."

More than once, advisers had gently reminded Mr. Biden of the problem with this formulation: He had not actually marched during the civil rights movement. And more than once, Mr. Biden assured them he understood — and kept telling the story anyway.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

"Kept telling the story anyway." Just like the lies about college that he keeps repeating even after admitting they weren't true.

And that seems to be the issue. Biden seems to be reality-challenged. Preferring to live in his make believe world despite constantly being reminded that his fantasies are not true, acknowledging they're false, but continuing any ways.

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Oh, and the ever-compliant MSM calls these bald-faced lies "embellishments" (like the New York Times) and "overstatements" (WaPo) which of course is consistent with how they treat Trump

1. The claim was lifted out of a speech made by a British politician that Biden shamelessly plagiarized causing him to drop out in disgrace of his first presidential bid back in the 1980s whe he got caught.

2. "Corn Pop" was a leader of a local gang who traded words with Biden a few times at the pool where Biden was a lifeguard, but people from that time said that he settled disputes with either his fists or through basketball matches -- and not with razors as Biden has claimed. In fact, one of Biden's friends from the time, Richard "Mouse" Smith, laughed off the idea that the situation might have escalated saying that he told Biden he had little to fear because Corn Pop was mostly talk.
    Last edited by rogue06; 10-27-2020, 09:14 AM. Reason: forgot to include footnotes

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Obviously Biden was a black activist before the Mandela Effect turned him into a white lifeguard.

Comment

vid didn't work

Okay, found a copy on YouTube of Biden being reamed for his wanting to cut Social Security, Medicare and programs for veterans by his fellow traveler Comrade Bernie Sanders, and Biden lying about it.

Last edited by rogue06; 10-31-2020, 09:55 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah I think the democratic debates are perfect ammunition against Biden. Even Harris reamed him during the debates.

Comment