Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Riots By The Insane Left...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Riots By The Insane Left...

Over a justified shooting...

Violent clashes break out in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot man with knife...

Police in Philadelphia clashed with protesters late Monday night just hours after a Black man armed with a knife was shot and killed by two officers in the western part of the city, reports said.

Officials said early Tuesday that the overnight violence resulted in 12 officers being hospitalized with various injuries, including one sergeant who broke her leg after being hit by a pickup truck at the site of one of the clashes.

Philadelphia Police Sgt. Eric Gripp said the shooting occurred at about 4 p.m. after officers responded to a call about a man with a weapon, Fox 29
    reported. He said the officers were “immediately met with a male who was carrying a knife."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/violent-c...h-knife-report
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

It's either more "white supremacists" instigation, or it's just a riot that isn't counted as terrorism, and therefore doesn't count as violence.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
      It's either more "white supremacists" instigation, or it's just a riot that isn't counted as terrorism, and therefore doesn't count as violence.
      Yep...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Seems people have no comment....

Comment

It took me 5 minutes to figure out how police could shoot anybody with a knife.

I thought you needed a gun to shoot somebody.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I live across the river from all this. I work in New Jersey, but my company's main office is there in Philly.

And it doesn't help much that Philadelphia's polce commissioner's name is Danielle Outlaw.
            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              It took me 5 minutes to figure out how police could shoot anybody with a knife.

I thought you needed a gun to shoot somebody.
              A knife is considered a deadly weapon, and if someone is threatening police officers with it then self-defense is justified.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

A knife is considered a deadly weapon, and if someone is threatening police officers with it then self-defense is justified.

You didn't get my point. I understand that a knife is a deadly weapon and that self- defence is justified.

My point was that the wording of the sentence in the op reads strangely. It appears that the police used a knife to shoot the man.

For the record, I agree the police are well within their rights to use deadly force as necessary.
                Last edited by mossrose; 10-27-2020, 11:24 AM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

You didn't get my point. I understand that a knife is a deadly weapon and that self- defence is justified.

My point was that the wording of the sentence in the op reads strangely. It appears that the police used a knife to shoot the man.

For the record, I agree the police are well within their rights to use dead.y force as necessary.
                  Ah, okay, you were being funny. I missed that. I thought you were asking, "How could police shoot someone who was wielding a knife?" as in what was the justification.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Ah, okay, you were being funny. I missed that. I thought you were asking, "How could police shoot someone who was wielding a knife?" as in what was the justification.
                    Trying to be funny, anyway.

It's Bert from Mary Poppins saying, "I met a man with a wooden leg named Smith".

And the response, "What's the name of his other leg".

Comment

Probably because we've been over this ground so many times there's nothing left to be said.
                      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

BLM protesters chant 'Every city, every town, burn the precincts to the ground!' as second night of Philadelphia riots erupt

https://www.theblaze.com/news/philad...olice-violence

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          BLM protesters chant 'Every city, every town, burn the precincts to the ground!' as second night of Philadelphia riots erupt

https://www.theblaze.com/news/philad...olice-violence
                          Burn the police precincts to the ground.

What they really mean is defund the police.

And what they really mean by that is...anyone's guess. It depends on whether the interviewer is on your side. If it is a friendly then of course it is literally burning them to the ground. If not it's just kids blowing off steam.

Truly when the rains come it won't be liberals peeing on your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Probably because we've been over this ground so many times there's nothing left to be said.
                            I would buy that, except people love going over the same ground if it, say, blames white supremacists for the violence. This is just avoidance brought on by cognitive dissonance.

Comment

Getting pretty used to it.

The timing may assist Trump in the elections.

Comment