Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

POTUS Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thinking is:
    If Trump wins the election, we get to keep laughing at the liberals crying for 4 years. If Biden wins, we get to say "I told you so" every time he screws up. I am good either way.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Four months is a long time given the number of books written about what various presidents had accomplished during their first hundred days.
      That should give you some hope, since a lot of what he's going to do in his first hundred days is probably going to be stuff you won't like. The less he accomplishes, the better, from your point of view, or so I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Joe is way ahead in the polls...
        So was Hillary, and probably for the same reasons.

2016: Before we begin the arduous process of holding our political representatives accountable for the mandate we require, there is a very important detail which must be forever etched in the psyche of our republic to ensure it is never forgotten.

THE MEDIA DIDN’T GET IT WRONG – The pollsters did not work from the wrong data set; the media pollsters, consultants and professional political class did not work from the wrong assumptions, or use the incorrect baselines….. THEY LIED.

The professional media polling agents knew exactly what the truth was.

They lied and manipulated their data in a concerted effort to intentionally falsify reality. There should be no doubt, EVER, in the mind of any political observer as to what took place within the expressed and broadcasted polling which fueled over two years of broadcast news. The media intentionally lied.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...tion-prophecy/

(Emphasis in the original)
        Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-23-2020, 09:46 AM.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          So was Hillary, and probably for the same reasons.

2016: Before we begin the arduous process of holding our political representatives accountable for the mandate we require, there is a very important detail which must be forever etched in the psyche of our republic to ensure it is never forgotten.

THE MEDIA DIDN’T GET IT WRONG – The pollsters did not work from the wrong data set; the media pollsters, consultants and professional political class did not work from the wrong assumptions, or use the incorrect baselines….. THEY LIED.

The professional media polling agents knew exactly what the truth was.

They lied and manipulated their data in a concerted effort to intentionally falsify reality. There should be no doubt, EVER, in the mind of any political observer as to what took place within the expressed and broadcasted polling which fueled over two years of broadcast news. The media intentionally lied.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...tion-prophecy/

(Emphasis in the original)
          Then you should feel very good about the upcoming election. Might as well start celebrating.

Comment

Woah, even CNN called Joe out for his lying about fracking...

During CNN’s coverage of Thursday’s presidential debate, CNN reporter Daniel Dale stated that “it’s just false for Biden to say that he never said he opposed fracking.”

Dale said, “So, in this case, Trump is correct. Biden did make anti-fracking comments during the Democratic primary in 2019 and 2020, and Trump was not lying.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020...osed-fracking/

Comment

Then you should feel very good about the upcoming election. Might as well start celebrating.
              I do feel pretty good. There are a lot of indicators that are showing very positively in Trump's favor, including voter enthusiasm which is off the charts for Trump, new voter registration which is significantly higher among Republicans than it is among Democrats, and the demographics of folks attending the jam packed Trump rallies which is comprised of large numbers of first time voters, people who didn't vote for Trump in 2016, and even a significant percentage of Democrat voters.

Only thing I do know is that on election day, someone will win, and someone will lose. I think Trump will win. You think it will be China Joe. We'll eventually find out which one of us right.

Comment

The above doesn't show trending, which is important. But Trump has definitely improved in most cases from a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                  Trump won. He didn't knock it out of the park but he looked much better than Biden, had more information, less babble.

Kristen Welker was mostly fair, which surprised me.

Biden really blew it with his energy/environmental plan. He is going to lose a lot of votes with that nonsense.
                  Neither can win speaking to their own audience, and past each other, though Trump's nose got a lot longer when he asserted the pandemic is over, of course he die not believe there was truly a pandemic. It is like a battle between two Napoleons.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Trump won. He didn't knock it out of the park but he looked much better than Biden, had more information, less babble.

Kristen Welker was mostly fair, which surprised me.

Biden really blew it with his energy/environmental plan. He is going to lose a lot of votes with that nonsense.
                    Yeah it was a good debate. Joe seemed tired (odd given he has been hiding under his "lid" all week). Trump seemed competent, knowledgeable, and hit Biden where it hurt in a number of spots especially the "kids in cages" stuff.

I dunno. I didnt vote Trump last election. But my ballot is sitting on my kitchen table and as the days get closer, I'm actually seriously considering filling in his bubble. Never thought I'd even consider it but between what I've seen of Joe and Kamala, and how the Libertarian party leadership has been over the last 4 months... I'm now seriously considering it.

If the Dems had gone with Tulsi they'd have had my vote in a heartbeat. But Biden and his court packing and environmental stuff and especially his policy of ending sale of guns (ammo and accessories and parts included) online and saying he will make Beto his Gun Czar, no way in hell they're getting my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Yeah it was a good debate. Joe seemed tired (odd given he has been hiding under his "lid" all week). Trump seemed competent, knowledgeable, and hit Biden where it hurt in a number of spots especially the "kids in cages" stuff.
                      It's weird how Joe's eyes look when he gets angry. Sort of like a cat getting ready to pounce. He doesn't get more lucid, though, and his "pouncing" is pathetic. Mostly just stammering.

_114690559_compo_reut.jpg

I dunno. I didnt vote Trump last election. But my ballot is sitting on my kitchen table and as the days get closer, I'm actually seriously considering filling in his bubble. Never thought I'd even consider it but between what I've seen of Joe and Kamala, and how the Libertarian party leadership has been over the last 4 months... I'm now seriously considering it.

If the Dems had gone with Tulsi they'd have had my vote in a heartbeat. But Biden and his court packing and environmental stuff and especially his policy of ending sale of guns (ammo and accessories and parts included) online and saying he will make Beto his Gun Czar, no way in hell they're getting my vote.
                      I've never voted for Trump before either, but the Loony Leftists are the enemy of the people and they have pushed me to the Right far more than I am comfortable with. Hopefully their 'communist wing' will fade after this election.

I can see myself voting for Tulsi. I would need to investigate her domestic platform a bit more but her foreign policy is 100% on track. I wouldn't vote for any other Democrat that I know about. And Jo Jorgenson has been virtue signaling to the wrong people and making me wretch. I've decided to remain a Libertarian and wait for them to come back to their senses.

Comment

It's weird how Joe's eyes look when he gets angry. Sort of like a cat getting ready to pounce. He doesn't get more lucid, though, and his "pouncing" is pathetic. Mostly just stammering.

_114690559_compo_reut.jpg

I've never voted for Trump before either, but the Loony Leftists are the enemy of the people and they have pushed me to the Right far more than I am comfortable with. Hopefully their 'communist wing' will fade after this election.

I can see myself voting for Tulsi. I would need to investigate her domestic platform a bit more but her foreign policy is 100% on track. I wouldn't vote for any other Democrat that I know about. And Jo Jorgenson has been virtue signaling to the wrong people and making me wretch. I've decided to remain a Libertarian and wait for them to come back to their senses.
                        Yep Jo and a number of others in leadership have been, and it's completely turned me off. I'll definitely stay Libertarian, just probably not going to vote for the national candidate this time around (I've already filled in largely libertarian candidates on my ballot for state and local) and I hope they get new leadership by the next go around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Only thing I do know is that on election day, someone will win, and someone will lose. ...
                          I don't think the vote totals from election day will settle the issue of who wins and who loses. I think there will be days of additional counting, followed by weeks of court cases.

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Biden just needed to avoid screwing up too badly, and it sounds like he managed that.
                            riiight talking about getting rid of Oil Jobs isn't screwing up badly. you do know that Hillary spoke about getting rid of Coal mining jobs during her campaign don't you?.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                              riiight talking about getting rid of Oil Jobs isn't screwing up badly. you do know that Hillary spoke about getting rid of Coal mining jobs during her campaign don't you?.
                              And how did Trump do at keeping those coal mining jobs around?

https://energynews.us/2020/06/25/sou...-will-they-go/

There's something to be said for having a president who recognizes reality, and doesn't lie to the public to make us feel better.

Or would you prefer the president who lies to us?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-w...vid-19-threat/

Comment