Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Releases 60 Minutes Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post

We were speaking of Tucker Carlson idiot...
    The thread is about Trump. It is his racism that is the up front issue. As far as Tucker Carlson, ah . . . well Turkeys of a feather flock together.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

We were speaking of Tucker Carlson idiot...
      Well, ah . . . as far as Tucker Carlson racist idiot. The following is enlightening.

Source: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/tucker-carlson-controversy-racist-women-clips

Tucker Carlson Made Racist And Misogynist Remarks In Newly Surfaced Audio. He's Refusing To Apologize.

Women are "like dogs," Iraqis are "primitive monkeys," and Obama wouldn't have been president if he were white, the Fox News host said.
      ww.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/tucker-carlson-controversy-racist-women-clips.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson refused to apologize Monday night after a slew of newly surfaced racist, anti-immigrant, and misogynous remarks he made years ago on a radio show were published, arguing that doing so would make him another casualty of the "great American outrage machine."

On Sunday, Media Matters, a progressive media watchdog group that frequently calls out Fox, published a collection of audio clips from an incendiary radio show, Bubba the Love Sponge, in which Carlson would call in weekly from 2006 to 2011 and try and shock the "shock jock" hosts by making offensive and crude comments about women, immigrants, the Obama family, and a host of other things.

Carlson frequently demeaned immigrants and, in one 2006 clip, even lauded the idea of having a presidential candidate who owned being a "racist" and ran on the promise to protect the US against "Muslim lunatics."

"'It's these lunatic Muslims who are behaving like animals, and I'm going to kill as many of them as I can if you elect me.' If a Democrat were to say that, he would be elected king, OK?" Carlson said.

At times, host Bubba the Love Sponge challenged Carlson on some of his more ridiculous and lewd remarks, but often he and the various co-hosts would play along and encourage him.

In one segment from October 2008, the conservative personality called Iraq "a crappy place filled with a bunch of, you know, semiliterate primitive monkeys," which is why it "wasn't worth invading." Two years earlier, he told the hosts that Iraqis should "just shut the fuck up and obey us."

© Copyright Original Source

But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Well, ah . . . as far as Tucker Carlson racist idiot. The following is enlightening.

Source: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/tucker-carlson-controversy-racist-women-clips

Tucker Carlson Made Racist And Misogynist Remarks In Newly Surfaced Audio. He's Refusing To Apologize.

Women are "like dogs," Iraqis are "primitive monkeys," and Obama wouldn't have been president if he were white, the Fox News host said.
        ww.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/tucker-carlson-controversy-racist-women-clips.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson refused to apologize Monday night after a slew of newly surfaced racist, anti-immigrant, and misogynous remarks he made years ago on a radio show were published, arguing that doing so would make him another casualty of the "great American outrage machine."

On Sunday, Media Matters, a progressive media watchdog group that frequently calls out Fox, published a collection of audio clips from an incendiary radio show, Bubba the Love Sponge, in which Carlson would call in weekly from 2006 to 2011 and try and shock the "shock jock" hosts by making offensive and crude comments about women, immigrants, the Obama family, and a host of other things.

Carlson frequently demeaned immigrants and, in one 2006 clip, even lauded the idea of having a presidential candidate who owned being a "racist" and ran on the promise to protect the US against "Muslim lunatics."

"'It's these lunatic Muslims who are behaving like animals, and I'm going to kill as many of them as I can if you elect me.' If a Democrat were to say that, he would be elected king, OK?" Carlson said.

At times, host Bubba the Love Sponge challenged Carlson on some of his more ridiculous and lewd remarks, but often he and the various co-hosts would play along and encourage him.

In one segment from October 2008, the conservative personality called Iraq "a crappy place filled with a bunch of, you know, semiliterate primitive monkeys," which is why it "wasn't worth invading." Two years earlier, he told the hosts that Iraqis should "just shut the fuck up and obey us."

Again, it was about Tucker... And calling Iraqis semiliterate primitive monkeys is like calling you a semiliterate primitive monkey - true but not necessarily racist.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Again, it was about Tucker... And calling Iraqis semiliterate primitive monkeys is like calling you a semiliterate primitive monkey - true but not necessarily racist.
          That is not all he said, but nonetheless racial and ethnic negative generalization is racism in double spades by definition.

Selective citation makes your case even worse, and part of the flock.

Frank

Comment

That is not all he said, but nonetheless racial and ethnic negative generalization is racism in double spades by definition.

The point is there was nothing racist about his remarks, crude, yes, but he did not belittle a race.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

The point is there was nothing racist about his remarks, crude, yes, but he did not belittle a race.
              You are conveniently and selectively ignoring ALL Tucker has said, and demonstrated that you are in the same flock.

Source: https://www.google.com/search?q=racism+definition&rlz=1C1JZAP_enUS917US917&oq=racism+definition&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i457j0i433j0l5.25798j1j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

rac·ism -/ˈrāˌsizəm/

noun

1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
                "a program to combat racism"

Frank

Comment

You are conveniently and selectively ignoring ALL Tucker has said, and demonstrated that you are in the same flock.
                But he did not single out a race, if I say that Texans are semiliterate primitive monkeys that is not a racial group. There are different ethnic groups in Texas as well as in Iraq....

Comment

I didn't know the guy was running for public office.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    How is that even remotely racist? That's just one example of the absurd racism inventions you guys come up with.
                    Padding. I notice that in long lists people will try to slip in some weak or nonsensical "evidence" to make their case look enormous. It backfires when this junk is highlighted, making the rest of the list suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I didn't know the guy was running for public office.
                      It never was claimed he was. That was not the point of the determination that he is a racist. He is a leader through FOX journalism as part of the Trump flock
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-26-2020, 09:57 AM.

Frank

Comment

But he did not single out a race, if I say that Texans are semiliterate primitive monkeys that is not a racial group. There are different ethnic groups in Texas as well as in Iraq....
                        Your dodging and being selective of the clear and specific extreme racism of Tucker. His words and no apologies speak for themselves. Such vocabulary is specifically the language of racists by definition.

The sources and Tucker's words, and your support speak volumes of the flock. You asked for evidence, and I provided that evidence in Tucker's own words.

Frank

Comment

It never was claimed he was. That was not the point of the determination that he is a racist. He is a leader through FOX journalism as part of the Trump flock
                          I don't know much about him aside from some libertarian views, and those are unaffected.

Comment

Your dodging and being selective of the clear and specific extreme racism of Tucker. His words and no apologies speak for themselves. Such vocabulary is specifically the language of racists by definition.

The sources and Tucker's words, and your support speak volumes of the flock. You asked for evidence, and I provided that evidence in Tucker's own words.
                            Again, what did he say that targeted a specific race, be specific please - I will be waiting.

Comment

Again, what did he say that targeted a specific race, be specific please - I will be waiting.
                              Again I go by the definition in the English language, and not your dodge attempt to justify your agenda. You have not acknowledged that is all Tucker said. Still waiting . . .

Source: https://www.google.com/search?q=racism+definition&rlz=1C1JZAP_enUS917US91 7&oq=racism+definition&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i457j0i4 33j0l5.25798j1j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

rac·ism -/ˈrāˌsizəm/

noun

1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
                                "a program to combat racism"

We need to speak English, and not seerish.

Frank

Comment

Iraqi is not a race. Nor is it an ethnicity. Just like New Yorker is not a race or ethnicity. People like you have caused the term racism to be so diluted as to be absolutely useless.

Comment