Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Releases 60 Minutes Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Imagine what the Left would say if Tucker Carlson had been around to lecture Obama...
    They would have accused him of being racist.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Stahl sure did a lot of whining to Pence: "You both have insulted 60 Minutes by not answering any of my questions" and then she launches into what SHE thinks about Trump's administration. This is the exact problem with "journalism" today, it is all about the press. It is Jim Acosta giving speeches at POTUS press conferences, or Lesley Stahl lecturing the vice president about what SHE thinks. Who cares? Why should anybody care what she thinks? Imagine what the Left would say if Tucker Carlson had been around to lecture Obama, they'd tell him to "shut up" - and so would I.

I'm sorry Lesley but this isn't about you or what you think.
      This started, IIRC, in the late 80s. The first time I saw it was in an interview where the reporter made the whole story about him interviewing someone rather than the actual interview. Well over half the article was dedicated to the writer going on about what he had for lunch before the interview and similar crap.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

They would have accused him of being racist.
        Last edited by thormas; 10-23-2020, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thormas View Post

......but he is
          Evidence?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            This started, IIRC, in the late 80s. The first time I saw it was in an interview where the reporter made the whole story about him interviewing someone rather than the actual interview. Well over half the article was dedicated to the writer going on about what he had for lunch before the interview and similar crap.
            I can understand it to a small degree, when lesser-known journalists are trying to climb up the ladder. They need to get some name recognition in order to advance their careers.

But Lesley Stahl and Jim Acosta? These buffoons are already at the top of the heap. So when they pontificate it is just their massive egos being exposed.

Comment

Yet a two-year Democrat-run investigation turned up nothing.
              That is a very sweeping generalisation.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                Nothing against Trump. Partisan indictments against some former campaign members. I haven't heard of any convictions as a result of the Mueller investigation.

A $48 million waste of time and money. The Leftist press sure loved it, though. They babbled about it ad nauseum while it was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                  .. and totally false.

The investigation was run by Republicans, and it turned up clear evidence of obstruction of justice - a conclusion which would result in an indictment for every other person on the planet except for a sitting president.

Comment

Nothing against Trump. Partisan indictments against some former campaign members. I haven't heard of any convictions as a result of the Mueller investigation.
                    Roger Stone and Paul Manafort.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

Roger Stone and Paul Manafort.
                      OK, Stone. Wasn't Manafort was investigated before Mueller (?)

Comment

Which idiot banned Hypatia?

She was murdered in 415 CE by a Christian mob who attacked her on the streets of Alexandria. The primary sources, even those Christian writers who were hostile to her and claimed she was a witch, are generally sympathetic in recording her death as a tragedy. These accounts routinely depict Hypatia as a woman who was widely known for her generosity, love of learning, and expertise in teaching in the subjects of Neo-Platonism, mathematics, science, and philosophy.
                        Last edited by firstfloor; 10-25-2020, 08:48 AM.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          Must have been something serious. Compared to other discussion boards I am familiar with, TWEB is relatively lenient.

Comment

Must have been something serious. Compared to other discussion boards I am familiar with, TWEB is relatively lenient.
                            If it was something she posted then it seems the moderators scrubbed any evidence of it from her posting history because I can't find the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, so I suspect it was something else like her being a previously banned member who had signed up under a different name.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The part about "it can't be verified" is hilarious. CBS would go on and on and on and on and on and on ad nauseum that Trump was colluding with Russia, without any evidence, but the laptop can't be reported on because it "can't be verified." What a joke. The information it contains has already been verified by Hunter's business associates. But she knows this. It's funny that she thinks she's going to convince Trump of it.
                              Hell just look at the Steele Dossier alone. Many news orgs were reporting on it as if it were fact. And Twitter never once censored or blocked their accounts, either.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                Interesting description of how her nom de plume was quite the misnomer.

Comment