Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Borat's Gotcha!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Ageism, on the part of Hypatia perhaps?
    Maybe Rudy identifies as a 24-year-old letch.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

At twenty four years old she is still young enough to be his grand-daughter. A lecherous old man perhaps?
    Ageism, on the part of Hypatia perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    After a successful censorship of all things things connected to Biden/Hunter/laptop, this smear campaign against Rudy must look odd to the low-information voters it's aimed at. i.e. "Why is Rudy suddenly newsworthy?"

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The actress' name is Maria Bakalova. Let's just say that based on pictures I was able to find in an internet search, she clearly has the face and figure of a young adult. It doesn't matter how old her character is supposed to be, she's not someone who could be mistaken for a teenager.
    At twenty four years old she is still young enough to be his grand-daughter. A lecherous old man perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Given they went to Fox News first, and even Fox wasn't buying the claim it was Hunter Biden's laptop, that tells you pretty much all you need to know.
    Indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

The question is, did Giuliani know she was twenty-four years old? The character she was playing is supposed to be a lot younger.
    The actress' name is Maria Bakalova. Let's just say that based on pictures I was able to find in an internet search, she clearly has the face and figure of a young adult. It doesn't matter how old her character is supposed to be, she's not someone who could be mistaken for a teenager.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    And this is interesting. When journalists are concerned about the veracity of a story one detects some stinking fish.
    Given they went to Fox News first, and even Fox wasn't buying the claim it was Hunter Biden's laptop, that tells you pretty much all you need to know.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    If you're gullible enough to believe that, I've got 6 Joe Biden laptops to sell you, and 10 holy grails each authentically used by Jesus.
    And this is interesting. When journalists are concerned about the veracity of a story one detects some stinking fish.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...er-biden-story

“I think it was very flimsy,” one Post reporter told New York Magazine’s Intelligencer of the story. Another journalist at the tabloid said the piece is “not something that meets my journalistic standards” and “should not have been published.” The Times, the Washington Post, and the Wall Street Journal are among the major outlets that have said they could not independently verify the information in the Post story, a piece that my colleague Eric Lutz noted was already suspicious given its timing and the errors contained within it, including an oft-peddled Trump falsehood. One Post reporter described the imbroglio to Intelligencer as “upsetting” and “disappointing,” albeit not entirely surprising. “It just makes you cringe and roll your eyes, and it’s hard to stomach, but at the same time we kind of know that you’re signing up for stuff like that,” they said. “It sucks to, like, work for, like, a propaganda outlet.”

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    So, Guiliani is seduced by an attractive 24 year, and... what? Cohen runs in and basically yells, "Haha! Fooled you!" before anything really happens? And that's the end of the joke?

Okay then.
    The question is, did Giuliani know she was twenty-four years old? The character she was playing is supposed to be a lot younger.

Furthermore why does a man of 76 years of age want to go to the hotel room and recline on the bed of a woman girl [even a woman of 24] who is young enough to be his grand-daughter?

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Meanwhile, Hunter Biden's laptop
    If you're gullible enough to believe that, I've got 6 Joe Biden laptops to sell you, and 10 holy grails each authentically used by Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Tucked his shirt in after removing his mic.

Meanwhile, Hunter Biden's laptop had undressed underage girls (I understand that you have no problem with that, but most people do), one of which it sounds like according to some reports, may be a Biden family member (given the age/timing, likely his niece, if true.)
    Seems like really dubious smear attempt. If Giuliani was undressing because he thought he was about to have sex, why not wait until he at least had his pants down and it was obvious? It's like, who cares? But it doesn't even seem legit in addition to that.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Some of you may know that Sacha Baron Cohen has a new movie due for release this month starring his roving Kazak reporter Borat.

It seems that one of his dupes for this film is Rudy Guliani who is now facing questions over what is considered a compromising scene.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...new-borat-film

In the film, released on Friday, the former New York mayor and current personal attorney to Donald Trump is seen reaching into his trousers and apparently touching his genitals while reclining on a bed in the presence of the actor playing Borat’s daughter, who is posing as a TV journalist [...] Following an obsequious interview for a fake conservative news programme, the pair retreat at her suggestion for a drink to the bedroom of a hotel suite, which is rigged with concealed cameras.

After she removes his microphone, Giuliani, 76, can be seen lying back on the bed, fiddling with his untucked shirt and reaching into his trousers. They are then interrupted by Borat who runs in and says: “She’s 15. She’s too old for you.”

Representatives for Giuliani have not replied to the Guardian’s requests for comment.

Word of the incident first emerged on 7 July, when Giuliani called New York police to report the intrusion of an unusually-dressed man.

“This guy comes running in, wearing a crazy, what I would say was a pink transgender outfit,” Giuliani told the New York Post. “It was a pink bikini, with lace, underneath a translucent mesh top, it looked absurd. He had the beard, bare legs, and wasn’t what I would call distractingly attractive.

“This person comes in yelling and screaming, and I thought this must be a scam or a shakedown, so I reported it to the police. He then ran away,” Giuliani said. The police found no crime had been committed.

Giuliani continued: “I only later realised it must have been Sacha Baron Cohen . I thought about all the people he previously fooled and I felt good about myself because he didn’t get me.”

Viewers may be less convinced that Baron Cohen, reprising his role as the bumbling reporter Borat Sagdiyev, and Maria Bakalova, who plays his daughter, Tutar, had no success.

In the film Borat is dispatched by the Kazakh government back to the US to present a bribe to an ally of Donald Trump in order to ingratiate his country with the administration. After the monkey earmarked for the gift is indisposed, Borat’s supposedly underage offspring becomes the replacement present.

Even before he reaches into his trousers, Giuliani does not appear to acquit himself especially impressively during the encounter. Flattered and flirtatious, he drinks scotch, coughs, fails to socially distance and claims Trump’s speedy actions in the spring saved a million Americans from dying of Covid. He also agrees – in theory at least – to eat a bat with his interviewer. [...]

Although unfortunate, the circumstances of the setup appear consensual, with Giuliani led to believe he was being courted. Bakalova, 24, is highly plausible in the sting, despite also having to pretend, for the benefit of viewers, to be a feral child posing as a far-right journalist.

Tucked his shirt in after removing his mic.

Meanwhile, Hunter Biden's laptop had undressed underage girls (I understand that you have no problem with that, but most people do), one of which it sounds like according to some reports, may be a Biden family member (given the age/timing, likely his niece, if true.)

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    So, Guiliani is seduced by an attractive 24 year, and... what? Cohen runs in and basically yells, "Haha! Fooled you!" before anything really happens? And that's the end of the joke?

Okay then.

Leave a comment:

• Whateverman
    replied
    Giuliani's sounds defensive about this story - which is a pretty bad sign for those who thought he might have known he was in a movie...

'I was tucking in my shirt': Giuliani responds to newly-released Borat clip

Rudy Giuliani said Sacha Baron Cohen is a “stone-cold liar” if he implies the image from the new Borat movie showed anything other than him simply “tucking in his shirt”.

The former mayor of New York responded after the on Twitter after the movie screenshot, that showed him lying on bed in front of an actress, went viral online.

“The Borat video is a complete fabrication. I was tucking in my shirt after taking off the recording equipment,” Mr Giuliani said.
    Watch more

“At no time before, during, or after the interview was I ever inappropriate. If Sacha Baron Cohen implies otherwise he is a stone-cold liar.”

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    I never saw the first movie, but I saw the ads for it; I've seen ads for this latest chapter. Until today, I never considered that the other people being filmed weren't aware of the film's nature.

Reading the news stories on Giuliani's part in the movie, I assumed he knew he was in a comedy film.

Now I'm not so sure.

ps. gross!
    My favourite bit was "Borat" running in and shouting "She is fifteen" etc

Leave a comment: