Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Borat's Gotcha!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    d The character is supposed to be fifteen.
    But the actress playing her is clearly a mature young woman, so what does it matter what age her character is supposed to be?

Oh it's not a scandal it's just very very funny...
    I suppose it depends on what one finds funny. I prefer the comedy legends like Laurel and Hardy, Buster Keaton, and Charlie Chaplin myself.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I suppose the same excuse could be made for Jason Spencer.
      Why would it? Spencer wasn't filmed in a compromising position with a 24 year old who the audience has been told is playing a 15 year old child.

I have not the slightest idea.

Comment

Why he is in the bedroom doing that
        Its a hotel room. Most consist of mainly the bedarea. Isthis difficult to grasp?

ia and why is he lying back on the bed?
        Because he is old and has a beer gut. Any other stupid questions?

Comment

Some of you may know that Sacha Baron Cohen has a new movie due for release this month starring his roving Kazak reporter Borat.

It seems that one of his dupes for this film is Rudy Guliani who is now facing questions over what is considered a compromising scene.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...new-borat-film

In the film, released on Friday, the former New York mayor and current personal attorney to Donald Trump is seen reaching into his trousers and apparently touching his genitals while reclining on a bed in the presence of the actor playing Borat’s daughter, who is posing as a TV journalist [...] Following an obsequious interview for a fake conservative news programme, the pair retreat at her suggestion for a drink to the bedroom of a hotel suite, which is rigged with concealed cameras.

After she removes his microphone, Giuliani, 76, can be seen lying back on the bed, fiddling with his untucked shirt and reaching into his trousers. They are then interrupted by Borat who runs in and says: “She’s 15. She’s too old for you.”

Representatives for Giuliani have not replied to the Guardian’s requests for comment.

Word of the incident first emerged on 7 July, when Giuliani called New York police to report the intrusion of an unusually-dressed man.

“This guy comes running in, wearing a crazy, what I would say was a pink transgender outfit,” Giuliani told the New York Post. “It was a pink bikini, with lace, underneath a translucent mesh top, it looked absurd. He had the beard, bare legs, and wasn’t what I would call distractingly attractive.

“This person comes in yelling and screaming, and I thought this must be a scam or a shakedown, so I reported it to the police. He then ran away,” Giuliani said. The police found no crime had been committed.

Giuliani continued: “I only later realised it must have been Sacha Baron Cohen . I thought about all the people he previously fooled and I felt good about myself because he didn’t get me.”

Viewers may be less convinced that Baron Cohen, reprising his role as the bumbling reporter Borat Sagdiyev, and Maria Bakalova, who plays his daughter, Tutar, had no success.

In the film Borat is dispatched by the Kazakh government back to the US to present a bribe to an ally of Donald Trump in order to ingratiate his country with the administration. After the monkey earmarked for the gift is indisposed, Borat’s supposedly underage offspring becomes the replacement present.

Even before he reaches into his trousers, Giuliani does not appear to acquit himself especially impressively during the encounter. Flattered and flirtatious, he drinks scotch, coughs, fails to socially distance and claims Trump’s speedy actions in the spring saved a million Americans from dying of Covid. He also agrees – in theory at least – to eat a bat with his interviewer. [...]

Although unfortunate, the circumstances of the setup appear consensual, with Giuliani led to believe he was being courted. Bakalova, 24, is highly plausible in the sting, despite also having to pretend, for the benefit of viewers, to be a feral child posing as a far-right journalist.

Isn't it odd that when a conservative does something like this liberal local prosecutors respond by filing criminal charges against those who pull it off?

Just sayin'

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Oh it's not a scandal it's just very very funny, especially Borat's comment to Guiliani on the inappropriate age of the female character.
            Actually it's not really all that funny. Setting up an old man, who was just tucking in his shirt, and claiming he's a sexual lech with an underage girl just for political points and media distraction is kind of abhorrent and insidious. I guess that just says something about the type of person you are.

Comment

Just so we're all on the same page here, this is the actress in question:

woah.JPG

There's no way Giuliani thought he was being hit on by a 15-year old.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

woah.JPG

Lol anyone that buys her being 15 is blind. Just more leftist attempts to distract from the Hunter Biden laptop while Joe hides in his bunker.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Lol anyone that buys her being 15 is blind. Just more leftist attempts to distract from the Hunter Biden laptop while Joe hides in his bunker.
                  I would say, given the amount of time involved in making the field, it's not really about distracting, but simply attacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

woah.JPG

She could more easily pass for to 30 than 15

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Actually it's not really all that funny. Setting up an old man, who was just tucking in his shirt, and claiming he's a sexual lech with an underage girl just for political points and media distraction is kind of abhorrent and insidious. I guess that just says something about the type of person you are.
                      Guiliani got owned. That is the humorous part.

"It ain't necessarily so
                      The things that you're liable
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life
                      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Isn't it odd that when a conservative does something like this liberal local prosecutors respond by filing criminal charges against those who pull it off?

Just sayin'
                        According to what I have read Guiliani called the police at the time and they found no cause to press charges.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                          Its a hotel room. Most consist of mainly the bedarea. Isthis difficult to grasp?

Because he is old and has a beer gut. Any other stupid questions?
                          It is duly noted that you, yet again, offer your opinions as if they are facts.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Guiliani got owned. That is the humorous part.
                            Owned is if he was actually caught doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing. If you consider lying about someone doing something illegal in order to smear them as being owned, then, like I said, that shows the type of person you are.

Comment

It is duly noted that you, yet again, offer your opinions as if they are facts.
                              Duly noted that, again, you can't come up with an argument.

Comment

Here is a question for some of you:

Does this man with the girl over his shoulder

3750116-3749879-boratsubsequentmoviefilm.jpg

Look like this man?

AP_18064077314746-e1531078817578.jpg

The make-up artist is an undervalued talent.

"It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment