Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Final Comment Until Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

What territory will the rebels defend. How will they resupply. What will they do for air support.

Stick to whackjob economics, Sean.

You're not credible there, either, but at least the lunacy plays out in a more minor key.
    The only wackjob is the one not aware of what's happening in our very streets right before your eyes. It's going to be similar to what we're seeing now -- riots, demonstrations, street fights between political groups, police getting attacked by leftists marxists and the police responding in kind, folks getting shot in the streets for their political views, etc... you know, like we're seeing now, only much more amplified. That coupled with the conflict between political factions in Washington... like we're seeing now, only much more amplified. It's not going to be like the civil war of the past where troops are firing at each other across the field. That's cartoonish. It's going to be much more chaotic... like we're seeing now. Don't project your own lunacy about how this turns out onto me.

Comment

When he walked away from the Paris agreement, people wrote about this, but all you heard was "orange man bad," because you couldn't listen.
      I applauded it. Globalist hippiedom.

When he torpedoed the TPP ceding economic control of Asia to China, people wrote about this, but all you heard was "orange man bad," because you couldn't hear.
      I applauded that too. China cheats and it never would have followed it anyway. It was nothing more than handcuffs on the other participants.

When he abandoned our Kurdish allies in Syria and Mattis resigned, people wrote about this, but all you heard was "orange man bad," because the truth was too terrible to see.
      He didn't abandon anyone. You've been lied to.

It's never been about the color of his skin, R, except for you.
      Not sure what that means. Perhaps it's an African lullaby?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        I applauded it. Globalist hippiedom.
        I applauded that too. China cheats and it never would have followed it anyway. It was nothing more than handcuffs on the other participants.
        He didn't abandon anyone. You've been lied to.
        Not sure what that means. Perhaps it's an African lullaby?
        Children's rhyme, I'm sure you meant to say. Or maybe not, considering your general level of misinformation. Mattis resigned based on that "lie." China was never part of the TPP. And the Keeling curve has nothing to do with hippies. I'm not sure what to say, so I think I'll leave that to Bobby Jindal, who said it better than most.

Comment

Children's rhyme, I'm sure you meant to say. Or maybe not, considering your general level of misinformation.
          Unsurprisingly, you missed the point.

Mattis resigned based on that "lie."
          Warmongers are allowed to resign for any reason they wish. But we never had a treaty with the Kurds, the Kurds have been fighting their own battles in that region for ages, and we were under no obligation to be their nanny for eternity.

China was never part of the TPP.
          OK

And the Keeling curve has nothing to do with hippies.
          But globalism does. Globalism is a system where affluent countries are suckered into supporting dysfunctional and corrupt ones.

I'm not sure what to say, so I think I'll leave that to Bobby Jindal, who said it better than most.
          Good for him. How any of that applies to a Libertarian is a mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Unsurprisingly, you missed the point.
            That's one possibility.

Warmongers are allowed to resign for any reason they wish. But we never had a treaty with the Kurds, the Kurds have been fighting their own battles in that region for ages, and we were under no obligation to be their nanny for eternity.
            FYI, Bolton was a warmonger, but not Mattis, unless you're unjustly equivocating between membership in the military and a love of war. I know a lot of veterans and none of them would agree with such an assessment about themselves, or Mattis, for that matter. And while warmongers and hippies alike are allowed to resign, their freedom to do so is not why Mattis resigned.

He resigned because he was forced to order the men and women under him to abandon comrades in arms who had died to save their lives, and to do so in the midst of a battle.

Possibly, you missed that point.

In this case, the Syrian Kurds were fighting directly alongside the American military performing necessary duties we were not able to perform ourselves. They were fighting, and dying, and saving American lives in the process, to achieve our goal of suppressing ISIS and affiliated groups.

Now ISIS didn't bring down the World Trade Center towers. That was Al Qaeda. ISIS broke off from Al Qaeda because Al Qaeda wasn't extreme enough for them.

OK
            Not the word I'd use.
            China is expected to surpass the United States to become the world’s largest economy in a little more than a decade, despite escalating hostilities with Washington, a Beijing-based governmental think tank has forecast.

They're already throwing their weight around, and not just economically. The smaller Pacific countries, and that means all Pacific countries, cannot hope to stand against them unless they stand together, preferably with us alongside them, and neither will we. That was the idea behind the Trans Pacific Partnership. China has for decades been engaging in state-sponsored economic espionage against us and claiming vast expanses of the South China sea from their neighbors with the proceeds. We have common interests.

There aren't any healthy alternatives to international trade organizations. War is trade by other means.

But globalism does.
            Globalism has something to do with hippies? Or globalism has something to do with the Keeling curve? Or maybe because globalism is about hippies, the CO2 counts on top of Mauna Loa are about globalism. I too recognize a relationship between my politics and my acceptance of science, but it generally runs the other direction.

Globalism is a system where affluent countries are suckered into supporting dysfunctional and corrupt ones.
            Dubya is the most popular American in Africa.

Good for him. How any of that applies to a Libertarian is a mystery.
            Dubya was known as "Bush the Lesser."

Mut. mut.

Comment

What territory will the rebels defend. How will they resupply. What will they do for air support.

Stick to whackjob economics, Sean.

You're not credible there, either, but at least the lunacy plays out in a more minor key.
              It can never happen!

Stellar prediction as always, dimwit. You ain't as smart as you pretend you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Biden is not as far ahead as we've been told. Even his campaign recently rang the warning bell and told their supporters that the race was a lot closer than most people realized, and that Biden was far from being guaranteed a win. There are also a number of other indicators that we could be looking at a repeat of 2016, like Trump having a significant advantage in voter enthusiasm, and new voter registration among Republicans significantly outpacing the Democrats in key states. Also, the most accurate polls that predicted a Trump win in 2016 are predicting he'll win again 2020.

The wildcard this election will be the mail-in voting which is shaping up to be a recipe for utter chaos and fraud.
                Boy, did I hit that nail solidly on the head.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Boy, did I hit that nail solidly on the head.
                  Do you have any actual evidence for that claim, or is it more excretions from your eaten lies?

Comment