Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Final Comment Until Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    If we keep the senate we can stop a lot of it...
    That is becoming increasingly unlikely. The polling websites calculate a 75% probability that the Democrats will control the senate (a roughly 65% probability of a majority, and a 10% probability of a 50/50 split with a Democratic VP casting the deciding vote). Newsweek published a good article on this topic a couple of hours ago:

https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-c...on-day-1540614
    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

That is becoming increasingly unlikely. The polling websites calculate a 75% probability that the Democrats will control the senate (a roughly 65% probability of a majority, and a 10% probability of a 50/50 split with a Democratic VP casting the deciding vote). Newsweek published a good article on this topic a couple of hours ago:

https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-c...on-day-1540614
      They only think that matters are the polls on election day...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I responded to all of your posts that sought a response. If I missed a question somewhere that you are referring to, please link me to it.
        Originally posted by shunyadragon

Trump did say the COVID-19 was like the common flu, and that "only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from COVID-19, the rest had other serious illnesses." Both of these statements logically follow the Hoax claim if either were true, and they are mirrored in the beliefs of Trump supporters, and conspiracy theories
        https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...shing-it/page2 post #80

Originally posted by Ronson
        I refer you to the links provided further up the thread. Snopes, AP and Fact Check (none of which are Trump supporters) all agree that the "hoax" claim is bogus.

And as usual, Leftists are more concerned with words than actions. Trump closed off international travel from China and Europe (to Biden's criticism) to limit the spread of the disease. That's not something a president would do for the common flu.
        You posted a response, changed the subject, but did not respond to the post that what Trump described in the references indeed describes it as a hoax.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

That is an interesting point. I wonder if Trump would consider starting his own far rightwing party, if he fails to win a second term. Splitting the right would pretty well guarantee Democrat governments for who knows how long (we went through a similar period in Canada from 1993 to 2006; when the Conservatives split into two parties; the Canadian Liberals won four consecutive elections, until the parties on the right got their act together and merged).
          I honestly don't think a split is likely, simply for the reason you listed (ie. non GOP governments would dominate for a while). However, I'm dismayed at what maybe a third of my nation thinks/believes these days, so I may not be the best judge of what they're likely to do.

Comment

Oh, I don't know. I think Trump has changed the GOP for the better going forward. He has fought for policies I agree with, and has done more to change the courts than any other Republican president before him. And he does not back down to the press, which will give future Republicans some back bone.
            I suspect that without pressure from Trump, their spines will quickly soften and they'll easily fall back into old ways.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I suspect that without pressure from Trump, their spines will quickly soften and they'll easily fall back into old ways.
              I don't think the rank and fil will accept milquetoast in the future.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I actually don't think Trump will win - the age old ups and downs of politics. I just hope we hold the Senate. And let's be honest Ronson, Trump has often been his own worse enemy.
                Either way, whether Trump wins or loses, we're definitely heading for civil war. I have zero doubts about that just based on the sheer craziness that's happened this year. If Trump wins, the left is gong to get even more unhinged and violent. If Biden wins, authoritarianism in this country will be unbearable and spark the political right to act.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  You posted a response, changed the subject, but did not respond to the post that what Trump described in the references indeed describes it as a hoax.
                  You want me to agree with you? Because Trump doesn't agree with the death total doesn't mean that covid is a hoax. It doesn't mean the pandemic is a hoax either because people are still getting sick. And Trump obviously doesn't take the disease lightly either:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...irus-response/

Just because you interpret his words as indicating a "hoax" doesn't mean you can put that word in his mouth. I can interpret the same sentence as "ignorant" and I'd have a better argument. Snopes, Associated Press and FactCheck have all said that Trump did not call the virus a hoax. It's that simple.

Comment

You want me to agree with you? Because Trump doesn't agree with the death total doesn't mean that covid is a hoax. It doesn't mean the pandemic is a hoax either because people are still getting sick. And Trump obviously doesn't take the disease lightly either:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...irus-response/

Just because you interpret his words as indicating a "hoax" doesn't mean you can put that word in his mouth. I can interpret the same sentence as "ignorant" and I'd have a better argument. Snopes, Associated Press and FactCheck have all said that Trump did not call the virus a hoax. It's that simple.
                    The above reference is brutally dishonest. Your fact checks di not evaluated the citations of Trump that I did. There incomplete

No need to put words in Trump's mouth that is where both of his feet are,

Yes it does. If, as he claims, and many other Hoaxers, the COVID-19 fatalities are only 6% of the total, therefore it is not a pandemic, and therefore a hoax.

His followers call it a hoax, because they mimic Trumps claims it is not worse than the common flu and the fatalities are only 6% of what the official figures claim.
                    Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-20-2020, 02:16 PM.
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

The above reference is brutally dishonest. Your fact checks di not evaluated the citations of Trump that I did. There incomplete

No need to put words in Trump's mouth that is where both of his feet are,

Yes it does. If, as he claims, and many other Hoaxers, the COVID-19 fatalities are only 6% of the total, therefore it is not a pandemic, and therefore a hoax.
                      You're welcome to interpret and translate his words in any fashion you want. Just don't expect agreement from me.

His followers call it a hoax, because they mimic Trumps claims it is not worse than the common flu and the fatalities are only 6% of what the official figures claim.
                      Then it sounds like your real issue is with his "followers".

Comment

You're welcome to interpret and translate his words in any fashion you want. Just don't expect agreement from me.
                        No translation necessary. His words were specifically denying the pandemic, and his actions still indicate that holding 'superspreading' events and ridiculing masks and social distancing.

Trump as cited by his words and actions. His followers just blindly follow like lemmings.

Frank

Comment

2020-10-20_16-13-22.jpg

Comment

You should not argue with him he's not actually interested in debate.

Comment

Oh sure, there are some people (like on here) who do see the negative Biden information but the "orange man bad" mantra is too powerful.
                              • When he walked away from the Paris agreement, people wrote about this, but all you heard was "orange man bad," because you couldn't listen.
                              • When he torpedoed the TPP ceding economic control of Asia to China, people wrote about this, but all you heard was "orange man bad," because you couldn't hear.
                              • When he abandoned our Kurdish allies in Syria and Mattis resigned, people wrote about this, but all you heard was "orange man bad," because the truth was too terrible to see.
                              It's never been about the color of his skin, R, except for you.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Either way, whether Trump wins or loses, we're definitely heading for civil war. I have zero doubts about that just based on the sheer craziness that's happened this year. If Trump wins, the left is gong to get even more unhinged and violent. If Biden wins, authoritarianism in this country will be unbearable and spark the political right to act.
                                What territory will the rebels defend. How will they resupply. What will they do for air support.

Stick to whackjob economics, Sean.

You're not credible there, either, but at least the lunacy plays out in a more minor key.

Comment