Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"the most flawed person I have ever met in my life"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Oh my goodness. I've met some very flawed people. These men like Biden and Trump don't even make the list. Hunter Biden may be a little higher on the list. He is a flawed man.
    A man willing to double down on a mayor against whom a kidnapping plot was revealed and incite a crowd to shout lock her up is a man whose 'flaws' outshine all but the most despicable historical figures. What is it that has blinded you to what such an act means about who this man is?
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

A man willing to double down on a mayor against whom a kidnapping plot was revealed and incite a crowd to shout lock her up is a man whose 'flaws' outshine all but the most despicable historical figures. What is it that has blinded you to what such an act means about who this man is?
      It's a variety of confirmation bias. Only his positives are paid attention to; everything else is written off as him just being sarcastic or funny.

He's taken seriously only when it justifies support of him.

Imagine how far Jeffrey Dahmer would have gotten with a support-system like that....

Comment

Mayor or governor?

Comment

I realize you have a burning hate for Trump. It's just not my problem.

It will all be better for you when Joey 17% wins the election. Then you can abort all you want, get rid of evil fossil fuels, and open the borders for The United Stars of the World.

I enjoy that Trump drove you to expose all your thoughts and plans, and scared all the swamp rats.

Now we will get to see who wins. Like I said, Joey is up 17%, yes?

lol

Comment

I realize you have a burning hate for Trump. It's just not my problem.

It will all be better for you when Joey 17% wins the election. Then you can abort all you want, get rid of evil fossil fuels, and open the borders for The United Stars of the World.

I enjoy that Trump drove you to expose all your thoughts and plans, and scared all the swamp rats.

Now we will get to see who wins. Like I said, Joey is up 17%, yes?

lol
            Hey, ignoring what he did says so much more about you than me. What is good, what is right, what is just is not something you or I can pretend is relative to who is in power, or what we prefer. Evil sometimes gets to strut and parade its arrogance to be sure. But in the end there is the Judgement. And all that is pretense and arrogance and show is stripped away, and what is left is who we actually were here on this Earth laid bare for all to see.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Hey, ignoring what he did says so much more about you than me. What is good, what is right, what is just is not something you or I can pretend is relative to who is in power, or what we prefer. Evil sometimes gets to strut and parade its arrogance to be sure. But in the end there is the Judgement. And all that is pretense and arrogance and show is stripped away, and what is left is who we actually were here on this Earth laid bare for all to see.
              It is true I await the Lord's return. It is the blessed hope, but only if you got it.

It is also true that this world of yours is vile and evil, in every way. I would think you would know that, but in case you are trying to save the world and change it to be more "christ-like", good luck with that.

I will join the chorus of others telling men to abandon this world and come out of it, like the Lord tells us. It is evil.

I am more than willing for the Lord to judge me righteous in Christ. And you can do as you think. And the Lord will judge Donald Trump, and Joe Biden, and even the pope.

Just make sure you stand upon the Rock, and not your own righteous thoughts or righteous deeds. That's a loser, man.

Comment

It is true I await the Lord's return. It is the blessed hope, but only if you got it.

It is also true that this world of yours is vile and evil, in every way. I would think you would know that, but in case you are trying to save the world and change it to be more "christ-like", good luck with that.

I will join the chorus of others telling men to abandon this world and come out of it, like the Lord tells us. It is evil.

I am more than willing for the Lord to judge me righteous in Christ. And you can do as you think. And the Lord will judge Donald Trump, and Joe Biden, and even the pope.

Just make sure you stand upon the Rock, and not your own righteous thoughts or righteous deeds. That's a loser, man.
                Standing in Christ does not excuse you from standing with righteousness and against evil. In fact jesus himself said many will cry lord when were you hungry and we did not feed you, when were you thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink.

Do not confuse God's Grace to the repentant with God excusing sin. Our sins are covered at great cost, not ignored or winked at. Christ's blood is not license for sin and injustice, a means for unrepentant hearts to avoid judgement. No, in repentance and rest you shall be saved. Neither is God mocked, and there is no trickery whereby the unrepentant stand before God having pretended to don Christs Robe of His righteousness.

I am not talking about works here. I'm talking about repentance. A repentant heart can no more amen unrighteousness than can an unrighteous man attain justification apart from Christ.

So be careful lest you fool yourself friend. I've no doubt you trust in Christ. But lest you find every ounce of what you carry to him from this life is burned as chaff, or worse, lest you find you only thought you knew him, make sure that in these things you hear His voice and that your words reflect Him and His life in you and not something else.

Comment

Yelling lock her up definitely is by any measure worse by innumerable factors than getting kicked out of the military for cocaine abuse, having sex with your deceased brother's widow, getting a stripper pregnant and then despite getting paid a fortune for a job you admit you had no qualifications for and never even bothered to do[1] refused to pay child support.

And those are some of his better traits!

TDS is a horrible thing.

1. Hunter never attended a single board meeting in spite of being paid something like three times more than other board members

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Yelling lock her up definitely is by any measure worse by innumerable factors than getting kicked out of the military for cocaine abuse, having sex with your deceased brother's widow, getting a stripper pregnant and then despite getting paid a fortune for a job you admit you had no qualifications for and never even bothered to do[1] refused to pay child support.

And those are some of his better traits!

TDS is a horrible thing.

1. Hunter never attended a single board meeting in spite of being paid something like three times more than other board members
                    And you ignore Trump's own past which is at least the equal?

Rogue, there is nothing that can justify supporting donald trump in these things - especially not the idea someone else has also done bad things.

And yes, encouraging a large mob of people into a frenzied hatred against another human being, and one already a victim of hate to the point people had plotted to kidnap and likely kill her, is worse than those things you ascribe to Hunter Biden, even if they were current.

But you also seemed to have abandoned the recognition people can change over time. Trump is right now, today, this week reveling in this debauchery. He IS this man today. Right now as he leads our country. And his spell on you and others has caused you to lose your sense wrt to good and evil and to what we are called to in Christ. Do you suppose Jesus would be standing here in our midst and ignore what Trump is doing, or would He call him 'that wiley fox' as He did Herod? Do you forget that when Herod took on the adoration of the crowds as a new deity God struck him down? And yet you would here defend just such a man as these Herods.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-19-2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Standing in Christ does not excuse you from standing with righteousness and against evil.
                      ​​​
                      In fact jesus himself said many will cry lord when were you hungry and we did not feed you, when were you thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink.
                      Standing in Christ actually assures righteousness, and does indeed give insight into righteous judgment.

Do not confuse God's Grace to the repentant with God excusing sin. Our sins are covered at great cost, not ignored or winked at. Christ's blood is not license for sin and injustice, a means for unrepentant hearts to avoid judgement. No, in repentance and rest you shall be saved. Neither is God mocked, and there is no trickery whereby the unrepentant stand before God having pretended to don Christs Robe of His righteousness.

I am not talking about works here. I'm talking about repentance. A repentant heart can no more amen unrighteousness than can an unrighteous man attain justification apart from Christ.

So be careful lest you fool yourself friend. I've no doubt you trust in Christ. But lest you find every ounce of what you carry to him from this life is burned as chaff, or worse, lest you find you only thought you knew him, make sure that in these things you hear His voice and that your words reflect Him and His life in you and not something else.
                      If that is what you offer, warnings of salvation, then they will always apply to you as well. Friend. I know exactly where I stand in this life. At the bottom with all the cracked vessels.

Comment

Standing in Christ actually assures righteousness, and does indeed give insight into righteous judgment.
                        The point you are missing is that willfully standing with evil is by definition NOT standing with Christ.

There are clearly caveats here. We are all flawed, we all make mistakes. But we are also responsible for walking in the truth. Repentance is fundamental to salvation, Christ's grace does not apply to the unrepentant.

Donald Trump put his hat in with those that wanted to kidnap and kill a governor he disagrees with. no Christian can support that and not blaspheme their confession that Christ is their Lord. By definition He is NOT their Lord if they can lend themselves to that. Sure they can repent of that and be saved. But the key word there is repentance.

A person unwillingvto repent of their sin once their sin is known is simply not truly in Christ. Because when a person is in Christ they are now a new creation, and they can no longer be comfortable living in known sin.

This is what not judging means. Some people are indeed Christians but struggling with sin. Some don't
                        Understand what they are doing is sin. And so on. So we cant look on another and know the actual state of their conscience and relationship with God. But regardless of what we can know of others, on the plane of reality before God, no Christian can recognize that what they are doing is wrong and not in time repent. Such a person, a person that can know they are doing wrong yet refuse to repent and turn from it, has simply not actually been born again.

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-19-2020, 09:24 PM.

Comment

The point you are missing is that willfully standing with evil is by definition NOT standing with Christ.
                          I'm not "missing" any of your points. I am analyzing your thinking.

There are clearly caveats here. We are all flawed, we all make mistakes. But we are also responsible for walking in the truth. Repentance is fundamental to salvation, Christ's grace does not apply to the unrepentant.

Donald Trump put his hat in with those that wanted to kidnap and kill a governor he disagrees with. no Christian can support that and not blaspheme their confession that Christ is their Lord. By definition He is NOT their Lord if they can lend themselves to that. Sure they can repent of that and be saved. But the key word there is repentance.

A person unwillingvto repent of their sin once their sin is known is simply not truly in Christ. Because when a person is in Christ they are now a new creation, and they can no longer be comfortable living in known sin.

This is what not judging means. Some people are indeed Christians but struggling with sin. Some don't
                          Understand what they are doing is sin. And so on. So we cant look on another and know the actual state of their conscience and relationship with God. But regardless of what we can know of others, on the plane of reality before God, no Christian can recognize that what they are doing is wrong and not in time repent. Such a person, a person that can know they are doing wrong yet refuse to repent and turn from it, has simply not actually been born again.
                          I appreciate you trying to persuade me Donald Trump simply must not be saved, because of what you think he has done, or does, or is going to do. I don't pretend to know whether Joe Biden or Kamala Harris is saved. Or Donald Trump or Mike Pence, nor any other man or woman. And as you should be quite aware, you can't stand with Biden, lest you take part in his sins, by your own reasoning, by your own judgement.

I think you need to reassess who decides who is of Christ, and who is not. But if another comes to me trying to persuade me oxmixmudd is not saved, they will get no further than you did.

As far as your politics goes, let's get real. When John the Baptist stuck his nose where Christ said it didn't belong, he lost his head. That's what I think of the politics of this world.

Comment

I'm not "missing" any of your points. I am analyzing your thinking.

I appreciate you trying to persuade me Donald Trump simply must not be saved, because of what you think he has done, or does, or is going to do. I don't pretend to know whether Joe Biden or Kamala Harris is saved. Or Donald Trump or Mike Pence, nor any other man or woman. And as you should be quite aware, you can't stand with Biden, lest you take part in his sins, by your own reasoning, by your own judgement.

I think you need to reassess who decides who is of Christ, and who is not. But if another comes to me trying to persuade me oxmixmudd is not saved, they will get no further than you did.

As far as your politics goes, let's get real. When John the Baptist stuck his nose where Christ said it didn't belong, he lost his head. That's what I think of the politics of this world.
                            I'm not deciding anything about anyone. I am simply laying down the truth about what it means to be born again. What it means to follow Christ. Inciting hate in others against a person already under attack simply is not part of that. Your responses are misdirections - nowhere am I making decisions about who is or is not a Christian. What I am laying down are the realities of what actually being born again requires (repentance) and produces (righteousness). And what trump has done and what faith in christ is are mutually exclusive.

Consider: Hitler was not a Christian. He was not born again, and his actions are 100% contrary to anything and everything Christ calls us to. This is a simple fact.

IOW, We can indeed know that this statement Trump made was evil and contrary to all that is Christ. And we can indeed know for a fact that no one full of the Spirit of God can embrace what he said and did there. To do so would be to grieve Gods Spirit and drive the person doing it into guilt and eventually repentance from it if they are in fact one of God's own, for he disciplines those whom He loves and simply will not allow them to live in peace taking such a position... IF they are His.There is no other reality wrt this event.
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-19-2020, 11:17 PM.

Comment

And you ignore Trump's own past which is at least the equal?
                              You explicitly cited two things including chanting "lock her up" as examples that are "'flaws' [which] outshine all but the most despicable historical figures." That is at best silly and at worst deranged.

TDS is a terrible thing

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm not deciding anything about anyone. I am simply laying down the truth about what it means to be born again. What it means to follow Christ. Inciting hate in others against a person already under attack simply is not part of that. Your responses are misdirections - nowhere am I making decisions about who is or is not a Christian. What I am laying down are the realities of what actually being born again requires (repentance) and produces (righteousness). And what trump has done and what faith in christ is are mutually exclusive.

Consider: Hitler was not a Christian. He was not born again, and his actions are 100% contrary to anything and everything Christ calls us to. This is a simple fact.

IOW, We can indeed know that this statement Trump made was evil and contrary to all that is Christ. And we can indeed know for a fact that no one full of the Spirit of God can embrace what he said and did there. To do so would be to grieve Gods Spirit and drive the person doing it into guilt and eventually repentance from it if they are in fact one of God's own, for he disciplines those whom He loves and simply will not allow them to live in peace taking such a position... IF they are His.There is no other reality wrt this event.
                                Perhaps God will discipline Joe for allowing late term or even after birth abortions?

You simply cannot judge one person without the judging the other. That is the problem here.

Which is why I do not bring my christian standards to bear on these politicians, not a one pass my born again test. And I can't think of anyone in politics who would. Politically, my first hurdle would be do you protect the unborn from harm. Joe fails the first test. So I am left with voting for no one.

If you were to tell me you cannot "support" any of these people running then I would consider that a principled stand.

Comment