Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Biden Burisma Connection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Say what? Biden forcing the firing of a prosecutor who was actively investigating his son's employer didn't serve Hunter's interests?

You'll have to explain that one.
    He was NOT proceeding with the investigation. He was fired because the investigator himself was corrupt. If biden wanted to protect his son, he should have left it as it was. You know this already mm.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
      Encouraging the police to commit violence against the protesters does not exactly make Trump the stronger candidate against violence and social unrest.
      Wow, "placate" was definitely a bad choice of words in my last post, but you get the point. Whether he's actually "encouraging" police to do that is debatable.Being the left's tendency to make up BS, I don't put much stock in that. The rioters and looters are causing violence and destruction, so what elese is he supposed to do? Nonetheless, BLM was around almost a decade ago, stoking and causing civil unrest. Putin's smart enough to see how that movement is progressing in the US, and how's causing all sorts of chaos and conflict, so I would think the last thing he wants is a "strongman" to contain it.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

He was NOT proceeding with the investigation. He was fired because the investigator himself was corrupt. If biden wanted to protect his son, he should have left it as it was. You know this already mm.
        There is no evidence that Shokin was corrupt, and we know he was actively investigating Burisma when Joe intervened (the investigation was halted by Shokin's replacement), we know that the Obama administration was well aware of the conflict of interest posed by Hunter's activities, and we know that Hunter had appealed to the Obama administration to get the prosecutor off the company's back. We also have Joe Biden on camera openly boasting about how he extorted the Ukrainian government into firing Shokin. I say again, we know this. None of it is guesswork, speculation, or idle theorizing.

And now we can add this new evidence to the pile with clandestine "off the book" meetings between Vice President Joe Biden and foreign interests who were paying Hunter millions of dollars. In Burisma's case, it certainly paid off. I wonder who else got their money's worth? And what they got in return?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

A smear campaign is just an attempt to damage someone's reputation. It can be with facts or with lies / embellishments. And I don't see why it's required that the claims themselves be "damning," just damaging.

I think generally the right response to uncredible smears is to give them as little oxygen as possible.
          Right, but why didn't Joe directly deny it, declare it false, or grasp at one of the conspiracy theories that are floating around, like your suggestion that the emails were forged? If he had simply left it at "I have no response," then that would have tied it up with nowhere else to go, but then he claims it's a "smear campaign" and inexplicably implied that a CBS reporter of all people was in the habit of asking tough questions. So he tried to downplay the story as no big deal while simultaneously implying that it has teeth. It was an odd response.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
            Then you have a problem with most everyone, because support for aid to Ukraine is bipartisan.
            Libertarians have different geopolitical views.

Comment

• One of Hunter's emails refers somewhat cryptically to Hunter receiving payments to be held "for the big guy". One of the people who was included in the email chain at the time has confirmed to FOX News that "the big guy" was Vice President Joe Biden himself.

One email, dated May 13, 2017, and obtained by Fox News, includes a discussion of “remuneration packages” for six people in a business deal with a Chinese energy firm. The email appeared to identify Hunter Biden as “Chair / Vice Chair depending on agreement with CEFC,” in an apparent reference to now-bankrupt CEFC China Energy Co.

The email includes a note that “Hunter has some office expectations he will elaborate.” A proposed equity split references “20” for “H” and “10 held by H for the big guy?” with no further details. Fox News spoke to one of the people who was copied on the email, who confirmed its authenticity.

Sources told Fox News that "the big guy" is a reference to the former vice president.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hun...ource-verifies

Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-17-2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thormas View Post

Giuliani? Please.........Even his own daughter opposes him.
                Have you seen her interview with Anderson Cooper, discussing her intention to vote for Biden in the coming election?

Comment

Right, but why didn't Joe directly deny it, declare it false, or grasp at one of the conspiracy theories that are floating around, like your suggestion that the emails were forged? If he had simply left it at "I have no response," then that would have tied it up with nowhere else to go, but then he claims it's a "smear campaign" and inexplicably implied that a CBS reporter of all people was in the habit of asking tough questions. So he tried to downplay the story as no big deal while simultaneously implying that it has teeth. It was an odd response.
                  I think it was the correct response since this is Russian disinformation as our intelligence services have concluded.

Can you give a good reason why Biden's lawyer would ask for the drive back? If Rudy is lying about that then it makes everything coming from him suspect.

Comment

...this is Russian disinformation...

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
                    Can you give a good reason why Biden's lawyer would ask for the drive back?
                    Because the information on it is as incriminating as hell, and he's trying to secure the evidence.

Comment

That's what our intelligence services have concluded.

Because the information on it is as incriminating as hell, and he's trying to secure the evidence.
                      How would that secure the evidence since you can just make a copy before giving it back?

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

How would that secure the evidence since you can just make a copy before giving it back?
                        I agree, but the lawyer asking for the drive back is a good indication of how desperate the Biden clan is to try and get ahead of this thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          Wow, "placate" was definitely a bad choice of words in my last post, but you get the point. Whether he's actually "encouraging" police to do that is debatable.Being the left's tendency to make up BS, I don't put much stock in that. The rioters and looters are causing violence and destruction, so what elese is he supposed to do? Nonetheless, BLM was around almost a decade ago, stoking and causing civil unrest. Putin's smart enough to see how that movement is progressing in the US, and how's causing all sorts of chaos and conflict, so I would think the last thing he wants is a "strongman" to contain it.
                          Trying to end it with force, when excessive force is what started it, is not going to be a successful strategy. That might not be true in Russia, but I'm sure Putin realizes that it's true in the US.

Not that Trump really wants to end it, at least not before the election. It stokes the fear of people of color in certain whites, whose votes he needs desperately.

Comment

Indeed. Any semi-competent IT department is going to image a hard drive as soon as they receive it, and I guarantee that this is done when the hard drive contains data critical for a criminal investigation.

Comment

I agree, but the lawyer asking for the drive back is a good indication of how desperate the Biden clan is to try and get ahead of this thing.
                              You're still assuming that Rudy is telling the truth. My future Supreme Court pick Judge Judy often said "If it doesn't make sense it didn't happen." It doesn't make sense to ask for the drive back and you seemingly agree that there isn't a good reason to ask for it back.

Have you listened to the interview with the computer store owner yet? Do you think the FBI really called him to ask what power cord the mac needed? Does that make sense? Why didn't the computer store owner mention that the lawyer called him to get the drive back in that interview? Why leave out that very important detail?
                              Last edited by LiconaFan97; 10-17-2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                                Indeed. Any semi-competent IT department is going to image a hard drive as soon as they receive it, and I guarantee that this is done when the hard drive contains data critical for a criminal investigation.
                                True, but like I said, this is a good indication of how desperate the Biden clan is to try and get ahead of this. I'm sure they would love to know precisely what is on the hard drive so that they can try to wrest control of the narrative. Right now, someone else is in the driver's seat, and that has be a source of consternation.

Comment