Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Biden Burisma Connection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

It's a red herring to whine about the news source in this case.
    Except that it's not. Anyone who wants a story to be taken seriously should take care to cite that story from a reputable source.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      Except that it's not. Anyone who wants a story to be taken seriously should take care to cite that story from a reputable source.
      It's a red herring to whine about the news source in this case. As much as I don't trust CNN, if they were citing direct quotes from a transcript of an eyewitness or displaying a video of what the eyewitness said, it wouldn't matter to me that it's CNN. CNN commentary about the subject I'd have a problem with, not a direct quote or video, because that's just dumb.

Comment

If they find similar emails on Trump Jr's laptop, an unusual jump in net worth, and a business partner who comes out and says Trump and his family are corrupt and abused his last four years in office, sure.
        Well, we have the last two. And we have public statements from Trump's kids about their / DT's foreign entanglements. Why are emails specifically required?

Comment

• Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

If Rudy said the hard drive contents came from a ghost would the release of the emails be evidence for that?
          As computer pioneer Charles Babbage famously said, "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Well, we have the last two. And we have public statements from Trump's kids about their / DT's foreign entanglements. Why are emails specifically required?
            To show how much of a double standard the MSM and TDS folks like you suffer from. You have emails and multiple eyewitness evidence, and you're still reluctant to admit Biden is corrupt. With Trump "we don't any of that type of evidence to scream corruption." Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

As computer pioneer Charles Babbage famously said, "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
              Ok, let's try a nonsupernatural version. If Rudy said that Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Jimmy Carter gave him a call, arranged a meeting, and gave him a flash drive with the emails would the existence of the emails be evidence that that happened?

Comment

To show how much of a double standard the MSM and TDS folks like you suffer from. You have emails and multiple eyewitness evidence, and you're still reluctant to admit Biden is corrupt. With Trump "we don't any of that type of evidence to scream corruption." Exactly.
                You didn't really answer my question.

We have plenty of eyewitness evidence from people he worked with in the past. We just discovered a secret Chinese bank account into which $15M was deposited shortly before the 2016 election which Trump immediately withdrew. We have public statements from his kids and we know that his daughter has received things of significant value (Chinese trademarks) while serving a high level role in the administration. And we have Trump refusing to release his taxes, going against several decades old, for a reason which is a clear lie. And even if his lie were true he could still release the tax returns not being audited / for years prior to the audited return. Certainly this is enough smoke to warrant a closer look and it clearly meets the standard you just laid out.

Comment

Ok, let's try a nonsupernatural version. If Rudy said that Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Jimmy Carter gave him a call, arranged a meeting, and gave him a flash drive with the emails would the existence of the emails be evidence that that happened?
                  It wasn't the hypothetical supernatural element that caused me to question your basic cognitive abilities.

Look, this is very, very simple: The emails exist. We know they exist. There's no denying that they exist. They have been confirmed as authentic by multiple named sources. Now, Giuliani got the emails from somewhere, and the most likely explanation, barring evidence to the contrary, is that he got from exactly where he says he got them, which is from Hunter Biden's laptop which is currently in the possession of the FBI.

You can continue to imply that you find this all very perplexing, and I will continue to wonder if you're really a moron, or if you're just acting like one.

Comment

You didn't really answer my question.

We have plenty of eyewitness evidence from people he worked with in the past. We just discovered a secret Chinese bank account into which $15M was deposited shortly before the 2016 election which Trump immediately withdrew. We have public statements from his kids and we know that his daughter has received things of significant value (Chinese trademarks) while serving a high level role in the administration. And we have Trump refusing to release his taxes, going against several decades old, for a reason which is a clear lie. And even if his lie were true he could still release the tax returns not being audited / for years prior to the audited return. Certainly this is enough smoke to warrant a closer look and it clearly meets the standard you just laid out.
                    The senate is investigating the Biden case. We had four years of a congress furiously trying everything they could to get at Trump. The way you make it sound, this actually has more teeth than that BS Russiagte and Ukrainegate crap we were subjected to. If it's as legit as you claim it is, why didn't they actually hire a special counsel to investigate this?

Comment

It's a red herring to whine about the news source in this case
                      Except that it's not.

Comment

It wasn't the hypothetical supernatural element that caused me to question your basic cognitive abilities.

Look, this is very, very simple: The emails exist. We know they exist. There's no denying that they exist. They have been confirmed as authentic by multiple named sources. Now, Giuliani got the emails from somewhere, and the most likely explanation, barring evidence to the contrary, is that he got from exactly where he says he got them, which is from Hunter Biden's laptop which is currently in the possession of the FBI.

You can continue to imply that you find this all very perplexing, and I will continue to wonder if you're really a moron, or if you're just acting like one.
                        Will you please answer my question, supernatural or non-supernatural version.

Comment

The senate is investigating the Biden case. We had four years of a congress furiously trying everything they could to get at Trump. The way you make it sound, this actually has more teeth than that BS Russiagte and Ukrainegate crap we were subjected to. If it's as legit as you claim it is, why didn't they actually hire a special counsel to investigate this?
                          The Democrats only had the majority in the House in 2019 and have very little power in the Senate. So it's massively inaccurate to say that congress was furiously investigating Trump. There was a special prosecutor involved -- Robert Mueller -- and he detailed in very fine detail that Russiagate is not a hoax and was able to secure convictions based on his investigation.

But lets turn your argument around. The Republicans controlled the house for most of the time Biden was VP and controlled the senate as well for the last two years. It was a fair bet that he would run for president in 2016 and likely would have if not for Beau's death. Why didn't the Republicans uncover this Biden corruption during those years?

Comment

Will you please answer my question, supernatural or non-supernatural version.

I did answer your question.

Comment

I did answer your question.
                              Please give a yes or no answer to my question. The reason you won't do that is obvious by your hasty effort to rewrite your analogy when you realized that it ultimately ends with you agreeing that there is a valid reason to mistrust the laptop story as currently reported.

Comment

The Democrats only had the majority in the House in 2019 and have very little power in the Senate. So it's massively inaccurate to say that congress was furiously investigating Trump. There was a special prosecutor involved -- Robert Mueller -- and he detailed in very fine detail that Russiagate is not a hoax and was able to secure convictions based on his investigation.

But lets turn your argument around. The Republicans controlled the house for most of the time Biden was VP and controlled the senate as well for the last two years. It was a fair bet that he would run for president in 2016 and likely would have if not for Beau's death. Why didn't the Republicans uncover this Biden corruption during those years?
                                To answer you second question, they didn't have the evidence they have now -- you know, like the emails and the eyewitnesses.

Your first point doesn't really address the point I made. It's not inaccurate to say they were furiously trying everything they could to get at Trump. That's exactly what they did, from Russiagate to Ukrainegate, and everything in between for four years. They knew the senate wouldn't impeach Trump but did it anyway I guess to try and sway the public against Trump. They didn't have the senate, but they had a more powerful weapon, the MSM, which is why I suspect they went through with it anyway. They didn't touch the corruption angle through. Why not if it's as solid as you claim it is? My guess is because it isn't has solid as you claim it is. What's your explanation?

Comment