Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Biden Burisma Connection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Yep, and one of the emails which has been confirmed by Hunter's former business partner refers to Hunter holding money for "the big guy", which we know is a reference to Joe.
    All those kickbacks could explain how old Joe has so many posh houses that he can hide in the basement of.

joes basementSS.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      I'm sure Breibart's opinion on this scandal is important to someone, but for the rest of the people who actually value journalistic integrity:

https://www.newsweek.com/wsj-newsroo...ecords-1541553
      You squawk about "journalistic integrity" and then post a story that is pretty much lies from beginning to end.

We know for a fact that as senator and later vice president, Joe was not only aware of but actively participated in Hunter's business ventures and that he used his political influence to profit his son and himself.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Here is Hunter's former business partner speaking on the record (those who prefer "sources say" fake news may find this concept confusing):

"I'm making this statement to set the record straight about the involvement of the Biden family. Vice President Biden, his brother Jim Biden and his son Hunter Biden in dealings with the Chinese. I've heard Joe Biden say that he's never discussed business with Hunter. That is false. I have first-hand knowledge of this because I directly dealt with the Biden family, including Joe Biden," Bobulinksi said, adding he was warned about coming forward. "The evidence sits on these three phones. I don't want to go into anything further. This will be discussed with Senator Johnson and his committee and the American people can decide what's fact."

"Here are the facts I know and everything I'm saying is corroborated by emails, whats app chats, agreements, documents, and other evidence," he continued.

Bobulinski physically presented the phones and said the years of communications to prove his claims.

"I brought, I guess, for the record three phones that spanned the years 2015 to 2018 these phones have never been held by anybody else besides myself. I was told this past Sunday by somebody who was also involved in this matter that if I went public this information would be it would bury all of us, man," he said. "I have no wish to bury anyone. I've never been political. The few contributions I've made have been the Democrats. But what I am is a patriot, and a veteran, to protect my family name, and my business reputation. I need to ensure that the true facts are out there."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...mails-n2578651

Comment

Here is Hunter's former business partner speaking on the record (those who prefer "sources say" fake news may find this concept confusing):

"I'm making this statement to set the record straight about the involvement of the Biden family. Vice President Biden, his brother Jim Biden and his son Hunter Biden in dealings with the Chinese. I've heard Joe Biden say that he's never discussed business with Hunter. That is false. I have first-hand knowledge of this because I directly dealt with the Biden family, including Joe Biden," Bobulinksi said, adding he was warned about coming forward. "The evidence sits on these three phones. I don't want to go into anything further. This will be discussed with Senator Johnson and his committee and the American people can decide what's fact."

"Here are the facts I know and everything I'm saying is corroborated by emails, whats app chats, agreements, documents, and other evidence," he continued.

Bobulinski physically presented the phones and said the years of communications to prove his claims.

"I brought, I guess, for the record three phones that spanned the years 2015 to 2018 these phones have never been held by anybody else besides myself. I was told this past Sunday by somebody who was also involved in this matter that if I went public this information would be it would bury all of us, man," he said. "I have no wish to bury anyone. I've never been political. The few contributions I've made have been the Democrats. But what I am is a patriot, and a veteran, to protect my family name, and my business reputation. I need to ensure that the true facts are out there."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...mails-n2578651
          oops...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Interesting... turns out Kamala Harris has also been lining her pockets with Biden's dirty money...

A list of “key domestic contacts” for a joint venture involving Jim and Hunter Biden and now-bankrupt CEFC China Energy Co. included former Vice President Joe Biden's current running mate Sen. Kamala Harris, among other prominent Democrats, Fox News has learned.

An email exclusively obtained by Fox News, with the subject line “Phase one domestic contacts/ projects” and dated May 15, 2017, Biden’s brother, Jim Biden, shared a list of “key domestic contacts for phase one target projects.”

The email is unrelated to the laptop or hard drive purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden, the former vice president's son.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jim...e-key-contacts

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

oops...
              Nope:

WSJ Newsroom Found No Joe Biden Role in Hunter Deals After Reviewing Bobulinski's Records

The Wall Street Journal newsroom has found that texts and emails recently given to the publication by Tony Bobulinski, a former business partner of Hunter Biden, the son of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, provide no evidence that Joe ever used his political standing as a former vice president to aid Hunter's business dealings in China or Ukraine.

The publication initially reported on the emails in its opinion section with author Kimberley A. Strassel stating that Bobulinski had alleged to have met Joe to discuss Hunter's business dealings. Bobulinski also said that in a May 2017 email, Hunter sought to get Joe 10 percent equity from Sinohawk Holdings, a holding company of which Bobulinski was CEO and which sought to do business with the Chinese oil company CEFC China Energy.

Following the publication of the opinion article, Wall Street Journal reporters Andrew Duehren and James T. Areddy wrote a news article stating, "The venture—set up in 2017 after Mr. Biden left the vice presidency and before his presidential campaign—never received proposed funds from the Chinese company or completed any deals, according to people familiar with the matter. Corporate records reviewed by The Wall Street Journal show no role for Joe Biden."

"Joe Biden has never even considered being involved in business with his family, nor in any overseas business whatsoever," Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates told the publication. "He has never held stock in any such business arrangements nor has any family member or any other person ever held stock for him."
              Townhall.com is a right-wing entertainment rag, whereas the WSJ is a respected journalistic institution. If the latter found that there's nothing to see in this supposed scandal, then intelligent/honest people would take that seriously.

Comment

• nt

Comment

• Originally posted by geneticfallacyman View Post

Townhall.com is a right-wing entertainment rag...
                  I have supplied you with a more accurate user name. No, no need to thank me. It was my pleasure.

Comment

Yep, and one of the emails which has been confirmed by Hunter's former business partner refers to Hunter holding money for "the big guy", which we know is a reference to Joe.
                    You can't just say "Yep" and move on. Why does it show that? These conversations should have been screenshotted in the past week or so if Tony is being honest in his press release. Was he in Russia in the past week? If so then the fact that the screen shot shows that proves nothing. If not then it is another thing which has to be explained.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      All those kickbacks could explain how old Joe has so many posh houses that he can hide in the basement of.

joes basementSS.jpg
                      Joe made $15M in the years after he left office, most of that due to a book deal. Where is the controversy? He released his tax returns which Republicans have gone over with a fine tooth comb and found nothing in. Also, he sold the house on the top left 12 or so years ago which was originally purchased for a modest price.

Comment

I have supplied you with a more accurate user name. No, no need to thank me. It was my pleasure.
                        You don't seem to understand what the genetic fallacy is.

The genetic fallacy (also known as the fallacy of origins or fallacy of virtue)[1] is a fallacy of irrelevance that is based solely on someone's or something's history, origin, or source rather than its current meaning or context. This overlooks any difference to be found in the present situation, typically transferring the positive or negative esteem from the earlier context. In other words, a claim is ignored in favor of attacking or championing its source.

I don't want to wade into WM's claims specifically other than to point out that if a news organization has shown lower credibility in the recent past then it is reasonable to doubt their claims, in this case TH's interpretation of the HB emails, until they've shown that their standards have changed. WM is doing exactly what many on this board do when they bash on current MSM reporting as Lügenpresse.
                        Last edited by LiconaFan97; 10-23-2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

You can't just say "Yep" and move on.
                          Yes I can.

Comment

You don't seem to understand what the genetic fallacy is.

The genetic fallacy (also known as the fallacy of origins or fallacy of virtue)[1] is a fallacy of irrelevance that is based solely on someone's or something's history, origin, or source rather than its current meaning or context. This overlooks any difference to be found in the present situation, typically transferring the positive or negative esteem from the earlier context. In other words, a claim is ignored in favor of attacking or championing its source.

I don't want to wade into WM's claims specifically other than to point out that if a news organization has shown lower credibility in the recent past then it is reasonable to doubt their claims until they've shown that their standards have changed. WM is doing exactly what many on this board do when they bash on current MSM reporting as Lügenpresse.
                            You are right, you well poison.

Comment

I don't want to wade into WM's claims specifically other than to point out that if a news organization has shown lower credibility in the recent past then it is reasonable to doubt their claims, in this case TH's interpretation of the HB emails, until they've shown that their standards have changed. WM is doing exactly what many on this board do when they bash on current MSM reporting as Lügenpresse.
                              Indeed, and most people seem not to recognize that simple fact.

With reasonable people, I'll consider any and all information, independent of the source. I'll make some determination as to the credibility of that source, and then assign some level of credibility to the information it's produced - but I wont discount or trust it completely. Smart people recognize that the best path to truth is assembling multiple lines of evidence until one becomes more probable than the others; if no leader emerges, then judgment is withheld. I'd be happy to consider townhall.com as potentially credible if I wasn't wallowing in a forum full of people who instantly dismiss the credibility of every source whose information/journalism they dislike.

When in Rome...

ps. I have your interlocutor on ignore, so I appreciate your post. When I find a reasonable person here, I deal with them honestly/fairly, and my arguments reflect that (I hope). These days I've found I have no patience for rank dishonesty/hostility, though, which translates into me behaving just as they do. That's probably a mark against me, but I'm losing no sleep.
                              Last edited by Whateverman; 10-23-2020, 10:52 AM.

Comment

...if a news organization has shown lower credibility in the recent past then it is reasonable to doubt their claims...
                                If they're opining or using "off the record" sources then I agree with you. If they are using named sources and other direct evidence like original documents then it's a different matter, and dismissing the facts with "You can't trust a word those guys say" is a textbook genetic fallacy.

The irony here is that if you look at geneticfallacyman's source, it includes the telltale marker of fake news: "according to people familiar with the matter."

Comment