Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Biden Burisma Connection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

You should learn the difference between conspiracy theories and sarcasm.
    Or............you should be more clear. And if misunderstood, simply don't get bunchy in the 'uw' just clarify your comment.

See how that works?

Comment

Originally posted by thormas View Post

Or............you should be more clear. And if misunderstood, simply don't get bunchy in the 'uw' just clarify your comment.

See how that works?
      Yeah, you were being snarky (again) so I returned the attitude.

See how that works?

Comment

The Post article shows a subpoena demanding the shop owner bring those items.

If the shop owner says he never got them back then they were at least "seized" by someone. Maybe not by the FBI, but it was a U.S. District Court so they didn't end up with local police or the Sheriff's Department.
        I guess it's more dramatic to say that they were seized by the FBI.

Comment

And although Joe Biden may be innocent of some of these recent allegations, he should have recused himself from dealing with Ukraine - or at least Burisma - once his son was "hired" (sic). It really does not look good.
          If that bothers you, Trump's complete lack of ethics must really drive you crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            He's making a number of assumptions about how the documents were produced, how they're processed by Scribd when uploaded, and that he was able to accurately reproduce the process on his own in order to make a comparison. All he's demonstrated is that he wasn't able to reproduce documents that looked the same as the originals and not that the original documents were "forged" or illicitly altered.
            Image compression isn't that complex or mysterious.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

If that bothers you, Trump's complete lack of ethics must really drive you crazy.
              What's breathtaking about it to me personally is the contrast in how Trump's improprieties are under a 24/7 media microscope, whereas Biden's have been totally covered up, not just by media, but bureaucracy so it seems. It would be fascinating what we'd find if Biden was under that same 24/7 microscope.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

What's breathtaking about it to me personally is the contrast in how Trump's improprieties are under a 24/7 media microscope, whereas Biden's have been totally covered up, not just by media, but bureaucracy so it seems. It would be fascinating what we'd find if Biden was under that same 24/7 microscope.
                Maybe if Biden lied publicly in everything he said to a camera or interviewer; maybe then he'd be scrutinized to Trumpianesque levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post

Maybe if Biden lied publicly in everything he said to a camera or interviewer; maybe then he'd be scrutinized to Trumpianesque levels.
                  They all lie. That's what politicians and government officials do, especially those who have been at it as long as Biden has. They become experts, which is why they rarely get caught. If you believe otherwise, you're living in a fantasy world.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

Image compression isn't that complex or mysterious.
                    See my response to you.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      They all lie.
                      The more a person lies, the more scrutiny they get.

That's the way the real world works, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

The big thing I'm seeing with the debunk article is the journalist's test. He's looking at the upper corner where the circle is, and comparing that with the clarity of the text in the PDF posted by the Post.

His comparison is
                        "I sent myself a few emails with the same text and font as those Giuliani allegedly uncovered, and then downloaded those emails to my computer before opening them up. Below you will see what happened. As you will notice, unlike in Giuliani’s altered version above, the “MK” icon in the top right of my email has the identical resolution as the text in the same email. The icon is not pixelated at all."

He "downloaded them" and then "looked at them". What he hasn't stated is whether or not he made them PDF's, and what happened. The conversion could have handled the upper circle as an image, and handled the text as OCR text, giving them actual different rendering in the software. OCR means that text becomes actual text, not a picture of text. (if actual text, the resolution would not degrade the same as an image as it's the software rendering the letters, and not a picture). On the other hand, if all he did was download an email, then open the downloaded email in an email program or HTML page, everything could be rendering identically, as the downloaded email isn't a picture, it is a file containing the elements of the email.

All of that said, this could be forged....I feel the story about the laptop seems too convenient. But as per the debunks go, this guy didn't really put in enough effort to do much.

(For example, take a look at this webpage. zoom in. Pictures such as profile pics will get pixelated. Text will not, nor will things like the share/tweet buttons below a profile picture. That's because the buttons aren't images, they are elements of the page, the profile pics are pictures, and the text is text, the webpage handles them, as it's supposed to, as would any email program you look at a downloaded email on. On the other hand, convert this an OCR pdf, and its likely the share/tweet are treated as pictures, and the text is still text).
                        That's a fair point. But the VP circle is looking positively ragged. I assume that internally PDFs use JPEG encoding. A JPEG encoding pass shouldn't mangle things so badly.

Comment

Yeah, you were being snarky (again) so I returned the attitude.

See how that works?
                          Now you copy people? How original.

BTW sarcasm:+}

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                            The more a person lies, the more scrutiny they get.

That's the way the real world works, sorry.
                            Nah, they cover it up or rationalize it away. Biden groping numerous females on camera is but one example. Even when he's caught doing it before our very eyes, they try and cover it up. That's how the world works.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I guess it's more dramatic to say that they were seized by the FBI.
                              True :+}

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

That's a fair point. But the VP circle is looking positively ragged. I assume that internally PDFs use JPEG encoding. A JPEG encoding pass shouldn't mangle things so badly.
                                As I said, his debunking was weak. His claim on his tests just don't really prove anything. It's like saying that the killer couldn't have made it from his home to office in time to commit the murder because you drove the speed limit the entire time and didn't make it in time, not even bother to test what standard speeding might have accomplished..

I think the "left the laptop at the repair shop and never fixed it" story sounds very far-fetched. That raises red flags. The story just doesn't sound right. They claim there's a sex tape with hunter smoking crack on it as well. If that was published and clear, it would lend credibility to the emails.

Comment