Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

California GOP illegally installs unofficial ballot drop boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know things are getting bad when California Republicans are acting like Democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

Because we're constantly told how the US is superior to the entire world in every conceivable way. And yet everyday we compare our own experience to the kind of glory you guys are talking about, and the best excuse you guys can come up with is "We're big, that's why we can't figure this out."

About the only thing the US is superior in is conventional firepower. Even Russia who doesn't even have the national economic output of Italy has you beat on nuclear.

It is inexcusable. There is no reason why it need to take longer than a few minutes, even in a metropolis. If you can think of a good excuse let me know.

You keep saying "In spite of medical experts", as if it represents something. There's thousands of medical experts actively calling for congress to keep going with mail in voting.
      If you can show me a post where I specifically claimed US was superior to the entire world, then I'll concede your point. The only thing I've see in this forum pretty much day in and day out is a bunch of foreigners claiming how much America sucks and how racist we are, and us Americans defending against that.

If you don't consider Fauci and Birx the proper authorities on this issue, whom should we listen to about this subject that has better clout?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

If you can show me a post where I specifically claimed US was superior to the entire world, then I'll concede your point. The only thing I've see in this forum pretty much day in and day out is a bunch of foreigners claiming how much America sucks and how racist we are, and us Americans defending against that.

If you don't consider Fauci and Birx the proper authorities on this issue, whom should we listen to about this subject that has better clout?
        I'm not a foreigner. America sucks for way, way too many of its citizens and much of America is very, very racist. So you can drop your xenophobic rejoinder.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

I'm not a foreigner. America sucks for way, way too many of its citizens and much of America is very, very racist. So you can drop your xenophobic rejoinder.
          I don't know who you are, bro. For all I know you're some wack-job that uses multiple sockpuppets on this site. As far as my foreigner comment, it's not xenophobic when it's true. Stop being a liberal wuss who sees racism and xenophobia where none exists.

Comment

I don't know who you are, bro. For all I know you're some wack-job that uses multiple sockpuppets on this site. As far as my foreigner comment, it's not xenophobic when it's true. Stop being a liberal wuss who sees racism and xenophobia where none exists.
            I believe you truly don't see what's problematic in your reply to Leonhard. As to whether racism exists or not, today in Georgia predominantly black areas saw very long wait times to vote, even reaching 12 hours for some voters! Predominantly white areas saw dramatically shorter wait times on the order of minutes. That turnout was going to be very large today was known ahead of time. Why should black voters have to jump through unduly burdensome hoops to exercise the same right as white voters? Government incompetence doesn't explain it since that incompetence would have been very unevenly distributed.
            Last edited by LiconaFan97; 10-13-2020, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

I believe you truly don't see what's problematic in your reply to Leonhard. As to whether racism exists or not, today in Georgia predominantly black areas saw very long wait times to vote, even reaching 12 hours for some voters! Predominantly white areas saw dramatically shorter wait times on the order of minutes. That turnout was going to be very large today was known ahead of time. Why should black voters have to jump through unduly burdensome hoops to exercise the same right as white voters? Government incompetence doesn't explain it since that incompetence would have been very unevenly distributed.
              Well, I have my doubts about your claim of the racial disparity because I no longer believe a word a leftist says in regards to racism since they incessantly exaggerate or just lie about it. But, yeah, the wait times are a problem, and I don't know why it can't be fixed. It would be interesting to do a study and see which politically run municipalities it's worse in. Being that a lot of democratically run cities and states are absolute hellholes, that's where I'd put my money.

Comment

Well, I have my doubts about your claim of the racial disparity because I no longer believe a word a leftist says in regards to racism since they incessantly exaggerate or just lie about it. But, yeah, the wait times are a problem, and I don't know why it can't be fixed. It would be interesting to do a study and see which politically run municipalities it's worse in. Being that a lot of democratically run cities and states are absolute hellholes, that's where I'd put my money.
                There was an interesting shift maybe in the last 10 years. It used to be that voting could be done in one's immediate neighborhood, in community centers or people's garages. Now it seems that they have reduced the types and number of locations for voting.

Comment

I wonder if these placements of voter ballot drop boxes is being used to make a case against the other forms of ballot harvesting. It may turn out that the ballot drop boxes are essentially equivalent to ballot harvesting such that the latter would be found illegal.

Comment

The only problem is, Dems have been caught actually engaging in mail-in ballot shenanigans (like in NJ), whereas here, you guys are just assuming the intent is to cheat.
                    You mean like Republicans caught in North Carolina.
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Misleading voters is wrong no matter who does it, Republican or Democrat. And I think so is ballot harvesting. California is one of the states that allows ballot harvesting. Apparently you can go door to door and collect other people's ballots, you just can't use a ballot drop off box to do it.

I think both methods are wrong and ripe for fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

You mean like Republicans caught in North Carolina.
                        I remember that. Democrats complained republicans were doing what democrats made legal in california to boost their votes.
                        Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 10-13-2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I remember that. Democrats complained republicans were doing what democrats made legal in california to boost their votes.
                          No, what the Republicans did in NC remains illegal in all states.
                          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

We're walking about Georgia here.

And when I've voted in person (now I vote by mail) I never had too onerous a wait time here in California.

The wait times are by design to suppress the vote. That's why the number of polling sites has been massively decreased in many red states after the SC threw out the Voting Rights Act.

Comment