Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Second presidential debate canceled re. Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second presidential debate canceled re. Trump

It's official: Drumpf weaseled out of a virtual debate, so it's been canceled.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/t...O4CYIEVW5UGTQ/

The Commission on Presidential Debates has decided to cancel Thursday’s second round of debates between President Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden, The Wall Street Journal reported.

The move comes after the president said Thursday that he would not participate in a virtual debate.

This is a very bad decision on Trump's part. The polls are all going against Trump at the moment, and his best chance to turn this around would be to have a verbal slugfest with Biden. Although, since Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania are all seemingly out of reach for Trump no matter what he does, a Biden victory seems near certain at this point no matter what Trump does (says the guy who, four years ago, thought Hillary's victory was also a near certainty).
    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

He remarked that the moderators will just cut you off if you go over your time or interrupt the other candidate. So president dirtbag doesn't want to debate where there are rules. We all knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post

More likely has to do with the never-Trumper debate moderator (and former Biden intern) Steve Scully accidentally tweeting Scarramucci (instead of private DMing), about what he should do to Trump in the debate, and then frantically deleting it, claiming he was hacked, and then deleting his twitter account (and then making it again, and then deleting it again, all in one day), methinks. The other (a DNC crony) moderator on deck deleted her account as well today.
        Last edited by Gondwanaland; 10-09-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

More likely has to do with the never-Trumper debate moderator (and former Biden intern) Steve Scully accidentally tweeting Scarramucci (instead of private DMing), about what he should do to Trump in the debate, and then frantically deleting it, claiming he was hacked, and then deleting his twitter account (and then making it again, and then deleting it again, all in one day), methinks. The other (a DNC crony) moderator on deck deleted her account as well today.
          That's hilarious. That's a thread starter on its own.

Comment

Talk about panicking! Turn the lights on the cockroaches and watch them scatter.

asd.jpg

Comment

Trump already backed out of the second debate Thursday morning, hours before that tweet went out.

Steve Scully is claiming his account was hacked. We'll have to see about that since it's such a common excuse people make.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post

It's pretty obvious that Trump wasn't willing to be involved in a debate where the moderator is likely to simply mute him when he breaks the rules. He knows he can't do well unless he does so.
                America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                  It's pretty obvious that Trump wasn't willing to be involved in a debate where the moderator is likely to simply mute him when he breaks the rules. He knows he can't do well unless he does so.
                  Apparently Trump was on Limbaugh's show yesterday acknowledging that he made a mistake by interrupting way too much and that he should just let Biden be Biden and wander off in the weeds talking about letting kids rub the hairs on his legs and the like as he is apt to do. So I don't think not being allowed to interrupt was much of a factor.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Last edited by rogue06; 10-10-2020, 02:34 AM. Reason: double post

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

President Trump was ready to debate in person, but the leftwing Presidential Debate Commission decided to simply cancel the whole thing instead.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I am preparing myself for a Harris presidency. All the string-pullers are winning. Unless there is an October Surprise between now and election time, I just don't see Trump pulling ahead in key states.

It's weird. The only platform Democrats are running on is "Oust Trump". They have no plan except for greater government intrusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          It's weird. The only platform Democrats are running on is "Oust Trump". They have no plan except for greater government intrusion.
                          It's weird enough in my opinion that I don't trust the polls saying that Hiden' Biden has a commanding lead. As one commentator put it, "If the Democrats are winning, then why are they acting so desperate?"
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Talk about panicking! Turn the lights on the cockroaches and watch them scatter.

asd.jpg

Poor Joe, he just can't get a break.

He will just need to be happy in allegedly being 15 points ahead of Trump everywhere.

It's in the bag, a sure thing, what could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              It's weird enough in my opinion that I don't trust the polls saying that Hiden' Biden has a commanding lead. As one commentator put it, "If the Democrats are winning, then why are they acting so desperate?"
                              Because the polls let them down in 2016? I think everyone is a bit suspicious about their accuracy these days - enough to where a lot of people don't bother cooperating with them. I wouldn't.

My father-in-law watches CNN all the time and they have his head spinning. He hates Trump but he can't explain why. I'd say that's a pretty good indication of brainwashing. So if Biden wins, I will blame most of it on the media.

Comment