Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pelosi: The 25th Amendment Card...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    Most likely either they think there's a chance, however tiny, that Pence might somehow be persuaded, or they figure that bringing it up would be beneficial to them in the election.
    Yup, they're delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Then why are they discussing it less than a month before election? Are they just that delusional?
      Pelosi might have slipped when she recently said that her sudden renewed interest in the 25th Amendment wasn't about Trump. She's basically telling Biden that if he manages to win, then they let him stay in the Oval Office for long.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Pelosi might have slipped when she recently said that her sudden renewed interest in the 25th Amendment wasn't about Trump. She's basically telling Biden that if he manages to win, then they let him stay in the Oval Office for long.
        Can you imagine how that will look to the American voters if they use that to remove Biden from office. I'm kind of hoping Biden wins just to see that spectacle.

Comment

Can you imagine how that will look to the American voters if they use that to remove Biden from office. I'm kind of hoping Biden wins just to see that spectacle.
          Do you think they care? The Democrats have gotten away with so much already with their voters, the media, and even the Department of Justice turning a blind eye. Do you think such a blatant power grab would make any difference?

Comment

I remember when Ronald Reagan was shot, his Secretary of State Alexander Haig said he was taking control of the government. Everybody went "What'd he say?!?" He didn't even let VP Bush get a stab at it first.

Comment

Trump's recent claims that he is a "perfect physical specimen" and "extremely young" certainly indicates to me that he is not quite right in the head.
              "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
              "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                Trump's recent claims that he is a "perfect physical specimen" and "extremely young" certainly indicates to me that he is not quite right in the head.
                He was narcissist before he got into office, and he'll be a narcissist after he leaves. Nothing shocking to anyone. He also jokes a lot and says things to trigger folks like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                  Yes, because Trump has never been known to exaggerate.

Comment

They've been discussing ways to remove Trump for the last four years. Congress has less than a 20% approval rating. If they don't believe discussing a way to remove Trump again that everyone knows won't work less than a month before election won't make them look bad to voters, then they're delusional.
                    It will make them look bad to you and your friends, but not to voters in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

It will make them look bad to you and your friends, but not to voters in general.
                      I seriously doubt it, but how do you know that? With a less than 20% approval rating, is an obvious political stunt like that worth the risk?

Comment

I seriously doubt it, but how do you know that? With a less than 20% approval rating, is an obvious political stunt like that worth the risk?
                        Congress is a strange animal. IMO, people tend to love the senators and representatives of their districts but hate Congress in general; so IOW they hate all the reps from the other states. I'm sure Pelosi is popular among the slimy commies of her district - and they are even more prone to reelect her because of her power and seniority. Like, I'm happy with both of my senators but I'm sure they are despised in many corners of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Congress is a strange animal. IMO, people tend to love the senators and representatives of their districts but hate Congress in general; so IOW they hate all the reps from the other states. I'm sure Pelosi is popular among the slimy commies of her district - and they are even more prone to reelect her because of her power and seniority. Like, I'm happy with both of my senators but I'm sure they are despised in many corners of the country.
                          I'm just trolling Stoic and those of his ilk. It's pretty obvious they're designing this to remove Biden in the event he wins. Pelosi pretty much admitted it. We all suspected this would happen, only I thought they'd do it before the election not after.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

That just means they have to take out Pence too.
                            In the paranoid imaginations of conservatives, perhaps.
                            America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

He was narcissist before he got into office, and he'll be a narcissist after he leaves. Nothing shocking to anyone. He also jokes a lot and says things to trigger folks like you.
                              You mean he blatantly and compulsively lies.

Comment

I'm just trolling Stoic and those of his ilk. It's pretty obvious they're designing this to remove Biden in the event he wins. Pelosi pretty much admitted it. We all suspected this would happen, only I thought they'd do it before the election not after.
                                "Pretty obvious"...in the imaginations of paranoid conservatives.

Comment