Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary's Russian Scandal plot revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

You would find that the credit actually belongs to Australia for alerting the US government about potential ties between Russia and the Trump campaign which is how the FBI investigation started.

Hillarys campaign hired a commercial firm to conduct opposition research on trump, that firm outsourced some of that work to Steele.
    I don't think it's really important how and when it started (that's debatable anyway). The point is she did exactly as the memo indicated, which was followed up by the intelligence community. To think that was just a coincidence is pretty farfetched.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I don't think it's really important how and when it started (that's debatable anyway). The point is she did exactly as the memo indicated, which was followed up by the intelligence community. To think that was just a coincidence is pretty farfetched.
      It’s possible that Russia was able to read about her plan in one of the emails they hacked. My point would be that it’s clear that Hillary didn’t make it up, there was a legitimate investigation as confirmed by Horowitz. Which then leads to the point that Brennan made which is if the plan was to simply highlight the trump-Russia connection then there’s nothing wrong with that.

However, I also realize that these discussions will only result in us talking past each other. Not just us but everyone in general because each side is working off different facts. Unfortunately that seems to be the state of political discussions in this age.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

It’s possible that Russia was able to read about her plan in one of the emails they hacked. My point would be that it’s clear that Hillary didn’t make it up, there was a legitimate investigation as confirmed by Horowitz. Which then leads to the point that Brennan made which is if the plan was to simply highlight the trump-Russia connection then there’s nothing wrong with that.

However, I also realize that these discussions will only result in us talking past each other. Not just us but everyone in general because each side is working off different facts. Unfortunately that seems to be the state of political discussions in this age.
        But that sounds like a red herring you're using. The memo doesn't say she originated it (I guess you're going by what others here have claimed, but again, its origins are irrelevant). It says she would stir up a scandal about Trump and Russia collusion, and that's exactly what she did (a scandal the MSM initially went crazy with that turned out to be bunk later). You're grasping at straws to say it's a coincidence that that was exactly what Brennan referenced in his memo.

Comment

So the Russians start a rumor saying that Hillary's campaign is going to stir up a scandal about Trump colluding with the Russians, and Hillary's campaign actually stirs up a scandal about Trump colluding with the Russians????

Comment