Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Why should we feel empathy for one of the most unempathetic people in the world"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I wouldn't get too excited about that. I'm sure the void will be filled by others with equal misinformation - especially since even the "experts" still know far too little but like to openly preach.
    Whatever the experts know, they know it as a result of the application of the scientifc method and years of schooling in medicine at top schools, which is a whole lot more likely to actually be true than whatever is Trump's latest 'gut feel' or whatever some idiot on the internet dreamed about last night.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-05-2020, 08:27 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Whatever the experts know, they know it as a result of the application of the scientifc method and years of schooling in medicine at top schools, which is a whole lot more likely to actually be true than whatever is Trump's latest 'gut feel' or whatever some idiot on the internet dreamed about last night.
      The complaint portion of my post was about their preaching. They like to make educated guesses and recommendations to the public when maybe they should remain silent.

Comment

The complaint portion of my post was about their preaching. They like to make educated guesses and recommendations to the public when maybe they should remain silent.
        I look at it more as they have the knowledge and the skills that allow them to recommend the best possible actions that can be understood at a given point in time. That doesnt mean they are always right, but it does mean they have a responsibility and obligation to make known what the current research and knowledge can teach us about the best path forward. And in the long run, that is going to be far more productive for all than the content the cranks posting randomly on social media will accomplish.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Better to listen to the educated scientists rather than the ignorant orange man in the WH.

Hey if he listened to those scientists - doctors and health experts - and kept silent, maybe, just maybe he be ok right now. Do you think he did all those weird medical remedies that he kept suggesting the scientists should look into? Or did he actually listen to the scientists when it was ....all about him?

Comment