Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump denounces Proud Boys for being White Supremicists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Quotes please or is that too much for you?
    He does seem confused. He's taking "refusing to denounce" as "Full-throated, extreme embrace".

Which, honestly would be a much bigger story, and much bigger headline.

Can you imagine Trump going: "Denounce? No! These are my people, we believe in the same thing, and they are doing great work. They need to do more though, I wish for them to continue with their work. Denounce? Ha!"

THAT would have been a full-throated extreme embrace.

He seems to have trouble telling those two things apart.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Please be sure to take your medicine before posting.

Leftists are indeed calling blacks "white racists" and it isn't just in the case of Candace Owens and the black and Hispanic cops who responded.
      Please be sure to take your medicine before posting.

According to the left?!?!? Unethical conspiracy accusation without documentation. Your extreme right modus operandi.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

So, you are saying that all news, like the NYT, CNN, NPR, etc. got their headlines wrong?
        No any one wrong ALL quoted hime as saying, "no problem with the right."

Instead of saying that he "Refuses to denounce white supremacy" the headlines should have been "Full-throated extreme embrace white supremacy!"

How could they have misinterpreted that so badly?
        Not misinterpreted, and you neglected the problem he said, "no problem with the right, which the topic of the conversation was extreme 'White Supremacy right.

This specifically is "Full-throated extreme embrace white supremacy!"

But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

No any one wrong ALL quoted hime as saying, "no problem with the right."

Not misinterpreted, and you neglected the problem he said, "no problem with the right, which the topic of the conversation was extreme 'White Supremacy right.

This specifically is "Full-throated extreme embrace white supremacy!"

So, if a Democrats says there's no problem with the left and Drug Abuse, is that the equivalent of a full-throated extreme embrace of drug abuse?

Comment

He does seem confused. He's taking "refusing to denounce" as "Full-throated, extreme embrace".

Can you imagine Trump going: "Denounce? No! These are my people, we believe in the same thing, and they are doing great work. They need to do more though, I wish for them to continue with their work. Denounce? Ha!"

When shuny gets a notion in his head he is like a dog with a bone. No amount of facts and evidence can dissuade him that he is mistaken. He's going to hold on to it until the bitter end.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, I am not confused. You are deliberately omitting his statement, " no problem with the right,' which is a "Full-throated, extreme embrace"

Frank

Comment

No, I am not confused. You are deliberately omitting his statement, " no problem with the right,' which is a "Full-throated, extreme embrace"
                I haven't omitted anything. You are the one providing quotes.

I just keep asking, what's the bigger headline, an "full-throated, extreme embrace" of white supremacy or a "Refusal to denounce" innuendo? If he did the former, why were all the headlines the latter?

Comment

I haven't omitted anything. You are the one providing quotes.

I just keep asking, what's the bigger headline, an "full-throated, extreme embrace" of white supremacy or a "Refusal to denounce" innuendo? If he did the former, why were all the headlines the latter?
                  You are deliberately omitting his statement, " no problem with the right,' which is a "Full-throated, extreme embrace"

Frank

Comment

You are deliberately omitting his statement, " no problem with the right,' which is a "Full-throated, extreme embrace"
                    Nope. Again, I keep asking you why all the headlines didn't read "Embrace" and instead read "Refused to denounce".

One would be a much bigger and more newsworth headline. So why did the news organizations not factually report his "Embracement" as the headline as opposed to his "refusing to denounce"

I.E. Imagine trump punched a guy, and then shot him in the head. Based on all the headlines after the debate, it would be like they all read "Trump punches man" instead of "Trump Murders Man."

One would be more of a news story than the other, and yet, all the news papers are running the lesser headline. That makes no sense.

The news organizations would be screaming the more newsworthy embracement from the mountaintops rather than the lesser "refusal to denounce"
                    Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 10-05-2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Nope. Again, I keep asking you why all the headlines didn't read "Embrace" and instead read "Refused to denounce".

One would be a much bigger and more newsworth headline. So why did the news organizations not factually report his "Embracement" as the headline as opposed to his "refusing to denounce"

I.E. Imagine trump punched a guy, and then shot him in the head. Based on all the headlines after the debate, it would be like they all read "Trump punches man" instead of "Trump Murders Man."

One would be more of a news story than the other, and yet, all the news papers are running the lesser headline. That makes no sense.

The news organizations would be screaming the more newsworthy embracement from the mountaintops rather than the lesser "refusal to denounce"

Frank

Comment

Your copy/paste response doesn't change my point.

Why would the news make their big, bold headlines "refuse to denounce" instead of "Embraces"?

It doesn't matter if they quoted "no problem with the right", the headline carries the big news. So, why were they not playing up the "embrace" as opposed to the "refuse to denounce" which they were running? Perhaps you are just better at "interpreting" the president than the news organizations.

Come on big guy, I know you can answer this.

Comment

Your copy/paste response doesn't change my point.

Why would the news make their big, bold headlines "refuse to denounce" instead of "Embraces"?

It doesn't matter if they quoted "no problem with the right", the headline carries the big news. So, why were they not playing up the "embrace" as opposed to the "refuse to denounce" which they were running? Perhaps you are just better at "interpreting" the president than the news organizations.

Come on big guy, I know you can answer this.

Does not change mine either as long as you keep denying the facts of what Trump said. You could make a good lawyer for Trump.

Frank

Comment

Does not change mine either as long as you keep denying the facts of what Trump said. You could make a good lawyer for Trump.
                            I did not deny what he said. That is simply a lie.

I do however challenge your "interpretation" of it as a "full-throated extreme embrace".

Comment

Must be true...

Black Lives Matter co-founder says Joe Biden is a part of the 'violent white supremacist' system

https://www.theblaze.com/news/blm-bi...macist-violent
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment