Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Court Packing, Democrats increasingly Authoritarian Turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
    they have no rationale in your opinion. I can think of an excellent rationale and one I'd be in favour of.
    Oh, then please share us what you think their reasons are for packing the court.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      To me it is obvious a religious agenda.
      Which, does nothing to support/counter the argument that Trump is "packing the court"

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Oh, then please share us what you think their reasons are for packing the court.
        Electric Skeptic

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
          CivilDiscourse already gave you a bunch of links demonstrating this.
          No, he gave me a bunch of links containing people claiming they were 'court packing'. I'm asking you to support your claim that they would be "adding justices to try to get justices more aligned with [their] ideology".

You dismissed them by saying they didn't demonstrate Democrats being authoritarian, but even if true, that doesn't mean they aren't desiring to add members of the Court so they can get justices that are more likely to rule in their favor.

If you don't think that the reason for liberals/Democrats suggesting they increase the size of the Supreme Court is to put justices more likely to rule in favor of Democratic/liberal policies, then what DO you think is their motivation?
          Sorry; you made the claim, you support it.
          America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            What is bizarre is that conservatives imagine these things are true of Democrats.

Comment

It has not been demonstrated that they are trying to pack the court.

Comment

It has not been demonstrated that they are trying to pack the court.
                I just gave you a ton of different news articles, across the political spectrum, all calling what the democrats want to do as "court packing".

Comment

What is bizarre is that conservatives imagine these things are true of Democrats.
                  Which one isn't?

They are openly talking about court packing if they succeed in seizing control of the White House and Senate

Take a look at the "Not My President" movement as just one of a number of examples of refusing to concede an election.

The whole collusion delusion is rife with examples of having spied on political opponents.

The impeachment circus is an example of looking for a reason, any reason, to justify the impeachment they were going to have one way or another.

The "evidence" presented at the impeachment was typically second and even third hand hearsay -- worse than office cooler gossip.

Biden's relatives have all done very well living off ol' Joe's name. The company that hired his brother even frankly admitted that they only did so because they knew it would help secure government contracts (and it did).

And there has been a lot of talk among Democrats ever since the 2016 election of wanting to abolish the electoral college.

So ES, how does it feel being so wrong about, well, EVERYTHING?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I just gave you a ton of different news articles, across the political spectrum, all calling what the democrats want to do as "court packing".
                    ES reacting to evidence that contradicts his carefully crafted narrative:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

ES reacting to evidence that contradicts his carefully crafted narrative:
                      He hasn't been back since either.

Comment

I just want to know what he thinks the motivation for Democrats to increase the court size actually is, if it isn't to appoint justices likely to rule in ways the Democrats would like. He's never stated what he thinks the motivation actually is.

Comment

I just want to know what he thinks the motivation for Democrats to increase the court size actually is, if it isn't to appoint justices likely to rule in ways the Democrats would like. He's never stated what he thinks the motivation actually is.
                          He's gaslighting. When you gaslight you have no logical point or argument to make, you just want your opponent believe they're the one with the illogical argument.

Comment

Yes. He said that it wasn't court packing.

When Given a slew of links to it being called court packing, he moved the goalposts to not fitting the overall description of it being authoritarian court packing, and that he could think of other reasons than getting the court to lean in their favor for adding to the court.

When asked what those reasons were, he went back to saying that it hasn't been shown that they are trying to pack the court.

It's a circular argument cycle if I've ever seen one.

Comment