Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

First Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You really don't like it when people tell the truth about you, do you?
    One doesnt need to be a christian to tell lies about others and hurl insults at them. Even the unbelievers do that
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

One doesnt need to be a christian to tell lies about others and hurl insults at them. Even the unbelievers do that
      Scripture Verse: Matthew 12:37

By your words you will be condemned.

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Try understanding rather than despising the person you disagree with. A much better path that is.

Again I note. My comments are against donald trumps behavior. Behavior that objectively and clearly violates christs teachings about life and love for our neighbor. I also point out it is inconsistent for a christian to support such behaviour.

You, Mm, Ronson, seanD focus your posts on deriding and demeaning who I am, on libeling my character and my beliefs.

the difference could not be clearer. I wonder if you understand what it is you are doing?
        To pity your view is not despising your view, let alone despising you. Why would I do that?

I've not said anything about you personally.

What I am doing is pointing out that Biden is no better than Trump when it comes to being a sinner.

Am I to conclude one sinner better than another?

No, I will not do that.

Joe Biden is objectively and clearly violating Christ's teachings. So much so many on the catholic church thinks he is not a catholic in good standing.

It is inconsistent for you to support Biden, and then turn and judge Trump.

Not just inconsistent, it is idiotic.

My suggestion for you is to drop invoking Christ in your politics. It makes you look blind in your judgements.

I judge neither Trump nor Biden in the Lord. And you only judge one.

Comment

• On a related topic, the vice presidential debate took place last night. By all accounts, Mike Pence utterly demolished Kamala Harris. So what do liberals do? They accuse him of "mansplaining" and make a big deal about a fly that happened to land on Mike Pence's head at one point.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            On a related topic, the vice presidential debate took place last night. By all accounts, Mike Pence utterly demolished Kamala Harris. So what do liberals do? They accuse him of "mansplaining" and make a big deal about a fly that happened to land on Mike Pence's head at one point.

It apparently has become the meme war on social media between memes from the left (the fly on Pence) and counter memes from the right (the fly on Obama).

Comment

• Black Flies Matter.

Comment

Again I note. My comments are against donald trumps behavior. Behavior that objectively and clearly violates christs teachings about life and love for our neighbor. I also point out it is inconsistent for a christian to support such behaviour.

You, Mm, Ronson, seanD focus your posts on deriding and demeaning who I am, on libeling my character and my beliefs.
                That's amusing. I seem to recall you coming out of the blue and called me "despicable" for simply noting that Howard University is primarily a black college. No, you've attacked my character. I've never attacked yours.

the difference could not be clearer. I wonder if you understand what it is you are doing?
                I am not aware of any Christians "supporting" Trump's behavior. Most complain his ego and juvenile behavior is a problem. But more important is what he gets done. Leftists are far more concerned with window dressing; with words instead of action, image over substance (like Guicci empty-suit Obama).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                  I am not aware of any Christians "supporting" Trump's behavior. Most complain his ego and juvenile behavior is a problem. But more important is what he gets done. Leftists are far more concerned with window dressing; with words instead of action, image over substance (like Guicci empty-suit Obama).
                  Trump's supporter fail to take Trump to task concerning his habitual lying.

I believe there is wide spread Republican support for Trump's irresponsible 'belief' that “Only 6% of the people actually died from COVID.” The others “died from other reasons.” This is horrendously disrespectable, of al those that perished and their relatives including thousand of medical workers.
                  Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-10-2020, 10:14 AM.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Trump's supporter fail to take Trump to task concerning his habitual lying.
                    Take him to task? You mean telephone him and tell him off about it? Besides we already have plenty of that from Leftist White House reporters. Like below (note smirking Leftist Kristen Welker, scheduled to be moderator of the final debate).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Take him to task? You mean telephone him and tell him off about it? Besides we already have plenty of that from Leftist White House reporters. Like below (note smirking Leftist Kristen Welker, scheduled to be moderator of the final debate).

No response!

Trump's supporters fail to take Trump to task concerning his habitual lying.

I believe there is wide spread Republican support for Trump's irresponsible 'belief' that “Only 6% of the people actually died from COVID.” The others “died from other reasons.” This is horrendously disrespectable, of al those that perished and their relatives including thousand of medical workers.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment