Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

First Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Tell that to Chris "I'm With Biden" Wallace.
    I think I'd rather you just answer my question.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

I think I'd rather you just answer my question.
      I did answer the question. A little slow on the uptake, aren't you?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I did answer the question. A little slow on the uptake, aren't you?
        Please repeat your unambiguous answer as to whether it is appropriate for a credible news organization to take the side of a particular presidential candidate.

Comment

Please repeat your unambiguous answer as to whether it is appropriate for a credible news organization to take the side of a particular presidential candidate.
          I do not think Wallace should have so obviously been in Biden's corner.

Comment

Is a credible news source supposed to be a "friend" of a presidential candidate?
            You did say "Even Fox"...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I do not think Wallace should have so obviously been in Biden's corner.
              So you won't give an unambiguous answer. That's still an answer just one of a different sort.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Right. I don't consider Fox and Friends a credible news source.

Comment

As an indication of how lopsided things were in the debate, Wallace interrupted Trump over 70 times. Biden, a mere 15.

Comment

If that's true then Trump is toast. He's currently way down nationally and in battlegrounds.

Trump's base is smaller than in 2016. Every day that goes by without a clear victory for him is another major loss. This debate was his best chance to do it. Fewer people are going to tune in for the following debates after last night.
                    I fear you are right. I've basically reserved myself to a Biden presidency and the repercussions of it...
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Exactly. His statement implied that they were Trump's "friends", and then he suddenly changed his tune when I challenged him. He's a bit of flip-flopper, I've noticed.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

Right. I don't consider Fox and Friends a credible news source.
                        Don't play games. You said "Even Fox and Friends" to support your contention (which I happen to agree with) that Trump did not have a good night.

If you meant, as you now are claiming, that you were saying that you "don't consider Fox and Friends a credible news source" it would hardly make any sense for you to then cite them to bolster your argument. Years ago it would be same as declaring something as fact and following that with "and the town fool agrees with me."[1]

That sounds a lot a position taken by someone who didn't realize the ramifications of the position he was taking.

1. going along with your assessment for the sake of argument -- although I have little regard for any of the morning coffee kvetching crews, cable or network)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Don't play games. You said "Even Fox and Friends" to support your contention (which I happen to agree with) that Trump did not have a good night.

If you meant, as you now are claiming, that you were saying that you "don't consider Fox and Friends a credible news source" it would hardly make any sense for you to then cite them to bolster your argument. Years ago it would be same as declaring something as fact and following that with "and the town fool agrees with me."[1]

That sounds a lot a position taken by someone who didn't realize the ramifications of the position he was taking.

1. going along with your assessment for the sake of argument -- although I have little regard for any of the morning coffee kvetching crews, cable or network)
                          I'm so lost. Fox and Friends is the name of a show on Fox News Channel. They aren't credible because they are an opinion show which has an extreme pro-Trump bias. The fact that a show which is entirely biased towards Trump was calling him out is noteworthy. How is that inconsistent with anything I've said?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            As an indication of how lopsided things were in the debate, Wallace interrupted Trump over 70 times. Biden, a mere 15.
                            Because Trump wouldn't stop interrupting Biden. Wallace was just trying to get control back. Trump went way overboard in interrupting Biden and wouldn't let him get a word in edgewise.

You said you only watched 20 minutes of it, that was all you could stand. Well, it went on for 90 minutes with Trump interrupting the whole time. Biden did his own share, but a fraction of what Trump did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

I don't think there are any substantial number of undecided voters at this point.
                              And in political discussions, people always assume that the undecided voters agree with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Trump was completely out of control. Only a highly partisan moderator that favored him could have avoided interrupting him more times that Biden. In fact. Wallace didn't interrupt Trump enough - Trump simply had no self control of any sort. Trump last night was an embarrassment to the entire country.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment