Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

First Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    He didn't have any overt brain freezes like we've seen on many of his live interviews, or at least nothing that Wallace wasn't able to help him snap out of by immediately changing the subject, so I guess that was a "win", but if you listened to what he actually said, his answers were borderline incoherent. He basically talked in circles without really saying anything at all.
    He did have some trouble with the number two

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

You only watched 20 minutes.
      And?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And?
        That invalidates the bulk of what you have to say given that you didn't even watch a quarter of the debate. I don't even know which 20 minutes you watched. I would have assumed the first 20 but maybe not.

Comment

This morning, the hosts and guests of "Fox & Friends" openly criticized Trump's debate performance:

"Donald Trump blew the biggest layup in the history of debates by not condemning white supremacists, I don't know if he didn't hear it, but he's got to clarify that right away, That's like, 'Are you against evil?' Why the president didn’t knock that out of the park I’m not sure" - co-host Brian Kilmeade

“You know how you really look forward to Friday night, and you plan on going to your favorite restaurant, and you get there after a week of anticipation and it’s like ‘Hmm, that was just okay.’ I think a lot of people today are frustrated because we thought, on this, the post-game show, we’d have a winner... We didn’t see that.” - co-host Steve Doocy

"The president interrupted way too much. Mr. President, please don't do that in the next debate." - Stephen Moore, Trump economic advisor

"Everybody was just shaking their heads. Punches were thrown, it got a little nasty... But I don’t think any minds were changed after watching last night, there weren’t any big zingers.” - co-host Ainsley Earhardt

"1) Interrupt less 2) Let Biden flail 3) Sum it up. That's the clean technique to drive home the points the President wants to get home" - Ari Fleischer, the former White House press secretary for President George W. Bush​​​​​​​

"My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
          "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

That invalidates the bulk of what you have to say...
            Not really.

Unless that middle 20-minutes or so was a strange outlier, I think I have pretty good handle on how the debate went down.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Fallacy alert: Red Herring.

Fact as before Trump would not condemn 'White Supremacy appealing to his base.
              The point that you will never be able to grasp is that the MSM NEVER asks Democrats about the Communist Party repeatedly backing their candidates or ask them to disown the violent leftist mobs working on their behalf.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not really.

Unless that middle 20-minutes or so was a strange outlier, I think I have pretty good handle on how the debate went down.
                I don't know which "middle 20 minutes" you saw but Trump was maximally unhinged in the first 20 minutes. He was openly arguing with Wallace. My kids were watching (my son was asked to watch it by his teacher) and I had to tell them repeatedly that "this is not how these debates normally go down."

Comment

I think the most telling commentary about last night's debate is that the liberal media is now begging the Biden camp to cancel the remaining debates. Would they do that if they thought Biden won? Of course not. They're trying to protect him.

Comment

I don't know which "middle 20 minutes" you saw but Trump was maximally unhinged in the first 20 minutes. He was openly arguing with Wallace. My kids were watching (my son was asked to watch it by his teacher) and I had to tell them repeatedly that "this is not how these debates normally go down."
                    Like I wrote earlier...

"How liberals probably see it: Trump is loud, boorish, and rude, and Biden is calm and in control."

Comment

Like I wrote earlier...

"How liberals probably see it: Trump is loud, boorish, and rude, and Biden is calm and in control."
                      Even Fox and Friends was critical of Trump's performance. They pondered why he wouldn't clearly condemn white supremacy and asked him to not interrupt so much.

Comment

Even Fox and Friends was critical of Trump's performance.
                        FOX has not been a friend of Trump for a while, so I'm not much swayed by that.

Comment

FOX has not been a friend of Trump for a while, so I'm not much swayed by that.
                          Is a credible news source supposed to be a "friend" of a presidential candidate?

Comment

How liberals probably see it: Trump is loud, boorish, and rude, and Biden is calm and in control.
                            Well, that is pretty much how you described it.

I've heard that Trump did his best to make it unwatchable, and you make it sound like he succeeded.

I guess that's what you do when a real debate would sink your campaign, and not showing up would be even worse.

Comment

"I think he misspoke in response to Chris Wallace's comment. I think he should correct it. If he doesn't correct it, I guess he didn't misspeak." - Senator Tim Scott, Republican, South Carolina

If Trump doesn't correct, retract, or clarify his statement, I think we can conclude that he has lost the support of America's only black Senator.
                              "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                              "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Is a credible news source supposed to be a "friend" of a presidential candidate?
                                Tell that to Chris "I'm With Biden" Wallace.

Comment