Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

First Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Presidential Debate

So tonight is the first Presidential Debate. I thought I would start a thread to discuss it.

First up:

Source: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trump-campaign-statement-on-debate-rules

Trump campaign statement on debate rules

“Joe Biden’s handlers several days ago agreed to a pre-debate inspection for electronic earpieces but today abruptly reversed themselves and declined.

Biden’s handlers have asked for multiple breaks during the debate, which President Trump doesn’t need, so we have rejected that request.

On top of the refusal to take a drug test, it seems pretty obvious that the Biden team is looking for any safety net they can find in the hours leading up to the debate. With his 47 years as a failed Washington politician, how much help does Biden want?”

- Tim Murtaugh, Trump 2020 communications director

© Copyright Original Source

Do you think they are setting up to bow out?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Well, we can predict the reviews before the debate even happens.

Biden was great and won, he was presidential, he stuck to the facts, he showed us what a president should act like. Trump lied, was childish, and lost. Here's examples of Trumps mistakes, here's examples of Biden's wins.

We'll likely see those reviews, regardless of how the debate itself plays out, barring something completely out of left field happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        So tonight is the first Presidential Debate. I thought I would start a thread to discuss it.

First up:

Source: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trump-campaign-statement-on-debate-rules

“Joe Biden’s handlers several days ago agreed to a pre-debate inspection for electronic earpieces but today abruptly reversed themselves and declined.

Biden’s handlers have asked for multiple breaks during the debate, which President Trump doesn’t need, so we have rejected that request.

On top of the refusal to take a drug test, it seems pretty obvious that the Biden team is looking for any safety net they can find in the hours leading up to the debate. With his 47 years as a failed Washington politician, how much help does Biden want?”

Why would they object to an earpiece inspection unless they were going to use one?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Why would they object to an earpiece inspection unless they were going to use one?
          Exactly. Or a drug test?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Do you think they are setting up to bow out?
            No way. That would be devastating to Biden's campaign.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

First up:

This is getting a lot of coverage and spin. FWICT, the Biden campaign denies they made such a pledge but also refuses to consent to having the candidates examined for hidden earpieces and like and instead issued a statement saying that Joe wouldn't be wearing one.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

It's like Biden refusing to answer if he wanted to "stack" the Supreme Court because he said he didn't want it to become a big issue. Except it would only become a big issue if he answered yes, which tells you precisely what his answer is!

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Biden was great and won, he was presidential, he stuck to the facts, he showed us what a president should act like. Trump lied, was childish, and lost. Here's examples of Trumps mistakes, here's examples of Biden's wins.

We'll likely see those reviews, regardless of how the debate itself plays out, barring something completely out of left field happening.
                  All they're waiting for is to fill in a few blanks to their pre-written review. Sort of like some groups, including ABC IIRC, issued criticisms of Kavanaugh when he was first nominated for SCOTUS that left telltale clues it had been written long before anyone was named.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Biden's camp has to be hoping it goes better than this: Oh Geez, Biden On Teleprompter During Interview – Says “I lost that line” ... and apparently the reporter read him the line he was supposed to say

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      All they're waiting for is to fill in a few blanks to their pre-written review. Sort of like some groups, including ABC IIRC, issued criticisms of Kavanaugh when he was first nominated for SCOTUS that left telltale clues it had been written long before anyone was named.
                      There was some women's group that sent out an email saying something to the effect of "We strongly oppose [insert name] being nominated to the Supreme Court. The record of [insert name] shows that he doesn't care about women's issues."

Comment

I think they should inspect Biden to make sure he isn't animatronic or someone wearing a Biden mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          No way. That would be devastating to Biden's campaign.
                          It'd have to be on the level of saying he just tested positive for the Chicom coronavirus...

Then he could emerge right before the election after having finally and, of course, heroically, fought off this devastating disease that has killed so many good Americans getting a major boost right before the election -- and no time to set up a debate darn it.

Dang. This is the sorta thinking you get as a result of reading Machiavelli's The Prince the Summer after turning 11.

And then reading Beyond Good And Evil by Nietzsche right after it. Or was it the other way 'round?

Why? Because I wanted to/was curious.

And now you know at least part of the reason that I'm screwed up

Comment

Heh, let Biden wear an unauthorized earpiece. I'm sure Trump can get the CIA (or some agency) to scramble or defeat such an audio signal. Then Biden will be standing there like a deer in the headlights.

And he couldn't complain about it if he's not authorized to be wearing one.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Biden was great and won, he was presidential, he stuck to the facts, he showed us what a president should act like. Trump lied, was childish, and lost............
                              That's the situation already and has been...........forever.

Comment